Trent Edwards interview... so, so awkward

OH NO Trent didn't give a proverbial blow job to WNY on a craptastic radio interview. Obviously grounds to outcast him. Like Bizell said.

I am not outcasting him. I'm just saying WHEN his contract is up, I think he will want to move on. I could be wrong & he may embrace Buffalo yet, esp with the way you all represent - GREAT game on Mon by the fans, Tony K seemed to be impressed with Buffalo.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt he will embrace the Buffalo area. Just because I don't live there doesn't mean that Buffalo isn't a very strong part of my life. I have family there. Many of us who left did so only for economic reasons (i.e., a company closed their offices in Buffalo, laid off, etc.). If you have a family you do what you have to do. He has the opportunity and the means to give something to a community that has embraced him. Kelly didn't want to come to Buffalo, but where has he settled? He is in the Buffalo area, actively running a charity from there (God Bless Hunter). Jack Kemp came to Buffalo from San Diego. He settled here, became a US congressman. Ed Rutkowski played for Notre Dame, came to Buffalo as a qb behind Kemp and Lamaonica, settled here, and became the County Executive. Paul Maguire stayed in the area. Tom Sestak stayed in the area. The two of them owned and operated very successful restaurants for a time.

I'm not saying he has to live here permanently but while here he should give something back to the community.

Great post those are my thoughts exactly. <_<

I doubt he will embrace the Buffalo area. Just because I don't live there doesn't mean that Buffalo isn't a very strong part of my life. I have family there. Many of us who left did so only for economic reasons (i.e., a company closed their offices in Buffalo, laid off, etc.). If you have a family you do what you have to do. He has the opportunity and the means to give something to a community that has embraced him. Kelly didn't want to come to Buffalo, but where has he settled? He is in the Buffalo area, actively running a charity from there (God Bless Hunter). Jack Kemp came to Buffalo from San Diego. He settled here, became a US congressman. Ed Rutkowski played for Notre Dame, came to Buffalo as a qb behind Kemp and Lamaonica, settled here, and became the County Executive. Paul Maguire stayed in the area. Tom Sestak stayed in the area. The two of them owned and operated very successful restaurants for a time.

I'm not saying he has to live here permanently but while here he should give something back to the community.

Based on what??? The fact he wasnt born there..You moved away from Buffalo for your job right?? So did he..If you had a chance to go home for 4 months a year back to Buffalo and still get paid while on your 4 month vacation would you ??? Naaahhh.(sarcasm).. The fact is he is 24 25 yrs old..Maybe he meets his wife here ends up staying like oh lets see Jim Kelly Thurman Thomas maybe???WHo the hell cares if he stays..I could care less..What means does he have to give back to the community??Maybe some time but chances are he is studying his playbook and film which I hope he is because thats all that really matters isnt it??? He is on his rookie contract and was a third round pick..I am more than certain he invested his money to secure his future..I hope to god you werent expecting him to goto the top of City Hall and throw down hundreds..You guys need to find another dog cuz this argument doesnt hunt..

Based on what??? The fact he wasnt born there..You moved away from Buffalo for your job right?? So did he..If you had a chance to go home for 4 months a year back to Buffalo and still get paid while on your 4 month vacation would you ??? Naaahhh.(sarcasm).. The fact is he is 24 25 yrs old..Maybe he meets his wife here ends up staying like oh lets see Jim Kelly Thurman Thomas maybe???WHo the hell cares if he stays..I could care less..What means does he have to give back to the community??Maybe some time but chances are he is studying his playbook and film which I hope he is because thats all that really matters isnt it??? He is on his rookie contract and was a third round pick..I am more than certain he invested his money to secure his future..I hope to god you werent expecting him to goto the top of City Hall and throw down hundreds..You guys need to find another dog cuz this argument doesnt hunt..

Good retort. As I said I could be wrong & Trent may yet embrace Buffalo esp if he meets a nice Buffalo girl, but up to this point in time he has not. There is PLENTY of time throughout the year to give back to the community (time not money) it doesn't have to be during season.

Forget the charity stuff. I,d like less INTs.

Agreed .. if he brings Buffalo the Lombardi then he has contributed more to the city and fans than any amount of charity work. I applaud JP for what he tried to do for the city and he meant well but his paycheck comes from playing well not being the chamber of commerce.

An interesting thing about the interview was when asked how he liked NY State he replied he liked NY City. He did not mention WNY. He never embraced the Area as JP did & I predict he will leave it as soon as he can.

I'm sorry dude but you're terrible. Your boner for Losman is embarrassing. Talk about making nothing out of something. Funny, I don't remember hearing about Losman's clean up this year. I guess he can only do that when he's a starter. :oops:

I liked Losman and wanted him to succeed. But I don't know how anyone can think he is a good starting QB that will lead a team to the playoffs. Edwards is the QB now and possibly the foreseeable future. Again, you should make your Losman message board and cheer for whatever team he signs with to compete for a backup job. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but your man-crush makes me uncomfortable. <_<

Good retort. As I said I could be wrong & Trent may yet embrace Buffalo esp if he meets a nice Buffalo girl, but up to this point in time he has not. There is PLENTY of time throughout the year to give back to the community (time not money) it doesn't have to be during season.

Do you leave here or follow Trent around? Or are you just talking out of your @ss? Face it, you know nothing so stop pretending like you do.

I'm sorry dude but you're terrible. Your boner for Losman is embarrassing. Talk about making nothing out of something. Funny, I don't remember hearing about Losman's clean up this year. I guess he can only do that when he's a starter. :oops:

I liked Losman and wanted him to succeed. But I don't know how anyone can think he is a good starting QB that will lead a team to the playoffs. Edwards is the QB now and possibly the foreseeable future. Again, you should make your Losman message board and cheer for whatever team he signs with to compete for a backup job. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but your man-crush makes me uncomfortable. <_<

Your BONER for Trent is what is embarrassing. What makes you and the others that LOVE Trent think he is a good QB. He has been EVERY bit as erratic as JP. My point is IF Trent is as good as YOU THINK he is at the end of his contract, he will be like the girl you still can't get over that LEAVES because she is not HAPPY, leaving you to cry in your beer with the fruit floating around in it.

Allegedly, according to the show I listen to. Apparently they met up at that Sabres game and have been on dates since. This isn't coming from her though (at least as far as I know; I don't listen to her show in Rochester).

Somebody already summed it up a little. There were a couple of nuggets that were cringe inducing. He introduced her to Duke Preston, and he was like, "Do you who a center is?" And she kind of ended up saying, "They're always big and black." And then she asked if it was difficult taking girls home since he lives with his sister. She said as long as they aren't screamers, right? He was pretty shy about the question - as he should be - saying that he's not the type to bring girls home.

lol--u r just kidding right>????lol