Trent Edwards interview... so, so awkward

I-Nazi'z here at work won't allow the link. Please elaborate of the conversation.

Really wasn't much of an interview, she was pretty bad at it. most of the clip is her talking about the interview with the guys on the show. Trent told her where in Cal he lived & he went with Butler to some places in NYC he enjoyed. She asked him if he liked strip clubs & he said he went when he was younger but not anymore.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[b]I'm just saying if Trent becomes what you think he is, it will take a lot of $$$ to keep him in Buffalo, & he may want to leave like Clements anyway[/b].

Thats not what you said..You said he never embraced the area like JP which seems like you are taking a shot at him from where I am standing..If you dont like the guy fine but why keep taking any shot possible at him?? I meen to presume he doesnt like Buffalo from an interview like that is just reaching at any straw you can to drag him down in others eyes..To top it off you left Buffalo yourself.. At least if youre gonna throw bricks dont live in the glass house youre putting him in..

Thats not what you said..You said he never embraced the area like JP which seems like you are taking a shot at him from where I am standing..If you dont like the guy fine but why keep taking any shot possible at him?? I meen to presume he doesnt like Buffalo from an interview like that is just reaching at any straw you can to drag him down in others eyes..To top it off you left Buffalo yourself.. At least if youre gonna throw bricks dont live in the glass house youre putting him in..

Yes that is what I said. I was stating facts. Trent was asked "How do you like New York State". He replied he went somewhere with Butler in NYC & liked it there. He had an opportunity to say something like "while WNY is different than Cal I like the area, the fans etc..." He instead replied he liked NYC. He did later compare WNY to Cal (the differences) but NEVER said he liked WNY. Take it for what it is worth. There is a difference between leaving an area & NOT LIKING an area, so I don't feel I live in the same glass house as Trent.

Yes that is what I said. I was stating facts. Trent was asked "How do you like New York State". He replied he went somewhere with Butler in NYC & liked it there. He had an opportunity to say something like "while WNY is different than Cal I like the area, the fans etc..." He instead replied he liked NYC. He did later compare WNY to Cal (the differences) but NEVER said he liked WNY. Take it for what it is worth. There is a difference between leaving an area & NOT LIKING an area, so I don't feel I live in the same glass house as Trent.

You said this:::"He never embraced the Area as JP did & I predict he will leave it as soon as he can":::: And you used a radio interview where he didnt mention WNY..OMG stop the presses Trent is leaving Buffalo as soon as he can because he didnt mention WNY in a interview..Please..

Seriously though youre barking up the wrong tree..Did he say he didnt like WNY..NO..LOL..So go ahead put words in his mouth if it makes youre point right..Because thats what youre doing...

You said this:::"He never embraced the Area as JP did & I predict he will leave it as soon as he can":::: And you used a radio interview where he didnt mention WNY..OMG stop the presses Trent is leaving Buffalo as soon as he can because he didnt mention WNY in a interview..Please..

Seriously though youre barking up the wrong tree..Did he say he didnt like WNY..NO..LOL..So go ahead put words in his mouth if it makes youre point right..Because thats what youre doing...

Trent has been given credit for being SMART. Of course he is not going to say someting STUPID like he doesn't like WNY he is smart enough to know he would be BOOED out of RWS. The fact is Trent has not embraced the area. He did not say in that interview "I like WNY." If you find anywhere that he said he did like WNY provide a link & I will apologize

The one thing that he said about Buffalo was that he is becoming a Sabres fan. Let's not jump to conclusions about what he thinks about Buffalo. He made enough of a commitment to bring his sister to the area.

Did you catch what the interviewer (Lilly) had to say about JP?

Trent has been given credit for being SMART. Of course he is not going to say someting STUPID like he doesn't like WNY he is smart enough to know he would be BOOED out of RWS. The fact is Trent has not embraced the area. He did not say in that interview "I like WNY." If you find anywhere that he said he did like WNY provide a link & I will apologize

I don't feel like looking for a link to show you because I'm a lazy motherfuc*er but he said on PTI that he preferred Buffalo greatly to Toronto.

I am not the one who stated that he didnt like Buffalo..Why dont you go find one where he said he didnt embrace Wny since that is what you stated..I need to offer no proof as I was not the one who made the statement..Instead of an apology it would be nice if you would just stop trashing the man at every opportunity..He isnt going anywhere you might as well learn to like him...

I don't feel like looking for a link to show you because I'm a lazy motherfuc*er but he said on PTI that he preferred Buffalo greatly to Toronto.

Without hearing it, he probably meant he preferred playing at the Ralph in front of Bills fans to playing in TO in front of a neutral crowd.

I am not the one who stated that he didnt like Buffalo..Why dont you go find one where he said he didnt embrace Wny since that is what you stated..I need to offer no proof as I was not the one who made the statement..Instead of an apology it would be nice if you would just stop trashing the man at every opportunity..He isnt going anywhere you might as well learn to like him...

By the time he was well into his 2nd year there were NUMEROUS instances where JP SHOWED he embraced WNY. Thus far Trent has not shown he has. That is a FACT. If Trent starts throwing TD's instead of int's & wins games against good teams (taking us to the playoffs) I will LOVE the guy.

By the time he was well into his 2nd year there were NUMEROUS instances where JP SHOWED he embraced WNY. Thus far Trent has not shown he has. That is a FACT. If Trent starts throwing TD's instead of int's & wins games against good teams (taking us to the playoffs) I will LOVE the guy.

When the Bills have a good team this may Happen. Currently they have a mediocre team who will beat other mediocre-bad teams. It's not all about the quarterback

I dont really give a crap if he sweeps streets(JP), opens up a bar downtown to only go bankrupt and leave hundreds of Buffalo vendors with empty wallets(actually That bothers me)Jim Kelly..I care about wins and losses and Super Bowls..The rest is window dressing...I dont need Trent to tell me helikes Buffalo..I would be pissed if he said he didnt. He did neither I nor most Bills fans really could give a crap..We just want a Super Bowl..Now go find something else to pick on him about cuz this one is ridiculous...

Thats girls pretty cute. He's dating her?

Allegedly, according to the show I listen to. Apparently they met up at that Sabres game and have been on dates since. This isn't coming from her though (at least as far as I know; I don't listen to her show in Rochester).

I-Nazi'z here at work won't allow the link. Please elaborate of the conversation.

Somebody already summed it up a little. There were a couple of nuggets that were cringe inducing. He introduced her to Duke Preston, and he was like, "Do you who a center is?" And she kind of ended up saying, "They're always big and black." And then she asked if it was difficult taking girls home since he lives with his sister. She said as long as they aren't screamers, right? He was pretty shy about the question - as he should be - saying that he's not the type to bring girls home.

An interesting thing about the interview was when asked how he liked NY State he replied he liked NY City. He did not mention WNY. He never embraced the Area as JP did & I predict he will leave it as soon as he can.

I doubt he will embrace the Buffalo area. Just because I don't live there doesn't mean that Buffalo isn't a very strong part of my life. I have family there. Many of us who left did so only for economic reasons (i.e., a company closed their offices in Buffalo, laid off, etc.). If you have a family you do what you have to do. He has the opportunity and the means to give something to a community that has embraced him. Kelly didn't want to come to Buffalo, but where has he settled? He is in the Buffalo area, actively running a charity from there (God Bless Hunter). Jack Kemp came to Buffalo from San Diego. He settled here, became a US congressman. Ed Rutkowski played for Notre Dame, came to Buffalo as a qb behind Kemp and Lamaonica, settled here, and became the County Executive. Paul Maguire stayed in the area. Tom Sestak stayed in the area. The two of them owned and operated very successful restaurants for a time.

I'm not saying he has to live here permanently but while here he should give something back to the community.