I haven't said much over the last 4 weeks

I haven't really commented on this team during the last 4 games. In fact I've cut down my trips to TSW a lot. I've been a bit too bitter about the loses, so bitter in fact that to read all the posts by the chicken little's running around here might have been too much and I may have snapped on one or two of them. I've been a fan of this team for over 22 years now, I know not as much as many of you but more then a lot. I've been a member of this board now for 7 years and so I know the "sky is falling" drill that goes on every Mon/Tue. Then the Wed/Thur posts about how we can "Fix it" all the way to Fri/Sat/Sun's "We can win this thing" threads. This time it's different though. This time we have to be different about how we see this team. In this day and age we have so much info on teams and players that we get upset if we miss a post about so&so who is just sitting out a practice. We as fans want to run everyone out of town or throw them to the bench over 4 games. So many are ready to fire Jaroun after just talking about him being coach of the year just a month ago. Fickle.

TE's head right now is low, that's the best way I can describe it. A lot like Eli 2 years ago and I think that the best thing we can do now is stay with him and let him get over this hump. Drew Brees played terrible his first 2 seasons, so did Mcnabb and Eli Manning. Their teams stuck with them however and those teams were rewarded by playoff births. I truly believe TE is a good QB and I think these next few games may be key if not THE KEY to where his career goes. If this guy mans up and shows the heart we all thought he had 4 weeks ago then I think he is our guy BUT if he let's all of these chucklehead's get to him and finishes this year awful, well, then we need to start praying that TE finds out what the deal is during THIS offseason.

I think what Brandon and Co. are trying to do here in Buffalo is give us STABILITY, the one thing we have lacked for 10 years. Most newer buffalo fans only know of this changing of the guard every 3 years. I understand why people are calling for TE's head and Jauron's head. I GET IT. It's all a Bills fan knows of recently. It's this mentality however that will keep us in neutral with the gas running. I think the extensions are great and I think keeping the coarse with TE is crucial. This team can be good when their confident.

TE may or may not be "The Man" but you can say that about 80% of this team right now. We're young(again) but one of the key components to taking a young team into adolescence and then into maturity is stability. The rest of this year may be the most crucial part of THIS teams future.

A lot of times a "sophmore slump" can be attributed to giving the second year player (and qb) more to think about. Increasing the playbook, asking him to read the defenses, etc can lead to paralysis. Whether this is a factor here I don't know. Then there's the concussion, the turnovers plus the confidence in the pass blocking. The coaching staff should have identified the problem by now and should be setting TE up to succeed. Maybe Turk and Van Pelt are learning to handle a young qb as well, I don't know how much experience they have in this situation. Either way, TE needs to keep improving and you're correct, he needs to be the starter if he is going to get better and get the team behind him.

In the end I hope this is a neccessary step in his development, although much to everyone's chagrin it may take into next year for him to really "get it". Defenses are sitting back and daring TE to read and beat their coverage, he has to take up that challenge and make it happen. It's not going well at this point, but the key is improvement.

So I agree with your assessments of the many posters who think TE is garbage and who think an immediate coaching change will help us win. But, at least in terms of Jauron, I am very skeptical about his benefit to the franchise.

I'm with you on both counts.

Based on his past performance and overall philosophy, I am at a loss to understand how anyone could expect Jauron to lead this team to the Superbowl, let alone a wild card playoff spot. I am not speaking of this year; I mean ever. We need someone who will field a big, aggressive, physical team that is suited for the climate and fanbase of WNY. Jauron? I doubt it.

Trent is making mistakes. I can understand this. Maybe after this game Lynch will stop dancing at the l.o.s. and turn into a super back. They both have untold potential and I suspect that they will come around. Even Hardy might play well at some point, and that rookie didn't look so bad imo.

Still, I want to see some big young tough guys on defense, perhaps a DT such as Terrence Cody from Alabama. We need good guards so that if Dockery or Butler gets injured, we are spared from watching guys who will never be any good. Hell, it would be nice to have a guard who could even challenge them for a starting spot. We don't have a credible TE or OC on the roster, and other than Schobel, our DEs have virtually no chance of ever making a play.

Jauron had a huge say in building this team. He has to be held accountable, and I get the feeling that he would any place else. That bothers me.

I don't buy the "need for stability" argument. In today's NFL with free agency, the cap and better NFL-ready players coming from the draft, a team can turn it's fortunes around from one season to the next EASILY. Look at the Dolphins, look at the Falcons. These teams were absolute MESSES last year. The right GM and right coach and voila! A competitive playoff ready team in ONE SEASON.

It's been TEN SEASONS and we're no where closer to the playoffs than we were in 1998. That is inexcusable and reveals more about this franchise than I dare think of.

I don't buy the "need for stability" argument. In today's NFL with free agency, the cap and better NFL-ready players coming from the draft, a team can turn it's fortunes around from one season to the next EASILY. Look at the Dolphins, look at the Falcons. These teams were absolute MESSES last year. The right GM and right coach and voila! A competitive playoff ready team in ONE SEASON.

It's been TEN SEASONS and we're no where closer to the playoffs than we were in 1998. That is inexcusable and reveals more about this franchise than I dare think of.

Good post. Everyone that is comparing Trent's struggles to Eli & others are missing the point, those players had ups & downs. Trent has had his ups & downs,(Only 7 TD's with 7 INT's in the first 9 games) I think those are to be expected, but the last 4 games were a steady regression, with the last game being the worst by far.

I'm with you on both counts.

Based on his past performance and overall philosophy, I am at a loss to understand how anyone could expect Jauron to lead this team to the Superbowl, let alone a wild card playoff spot. I am not speaking of this year; I mean ever. We need someone who will field a big, aggressive, physical team that is suited for the climate and fanbase of WNY. Jauron? I doubt it.

Jauron had a huge say in building this team. He has to be held accountable, and I get the feeling that he would any place else. That bothers me.

Exactly Bill...

100% dead on... :ph34r:

I wish I were a fly on the wall to be privy to some insights of the BILLS brain trust, but I only have speculations like the rest of the fans. There have been several curious game time decisions in the past. Why did we not go deeper at all against the Browns? and who's decision to Pouch the kickoff after the Mckelvin TD return? Cribbs was gassed after sprinting down to cover then sprinting back to try to run down LM. I can't believe we would have seen his best return effort on the ensuing kickoff. Why settle for a long FG at the scoreboard goal post where Lindell has his most problems. Does the staff not realize that??? Or is it that in their pollyanna world everything goes as planned?!!! Many questions and very few answers. I truly hope TE will can deliver on the promises of the staff but right now I'm a little skeptical. Poor JP has the stigma of being a TD pick which has doomed him in the minds of many fans but he has put up better numbers throughout his career than TE with less talent to work with. At least he knew where the End Zone was. One passing TD a game is pathetic stat.

I haven't really commented on this team during the last 4 games. In fact I've cut down my trips to TSW a lot. I've been a bit too bitter about the loses, so bitter in fact that to read all the posts by the chicken little's running around here might have been too much and I may have snapped on one or two of them. I've been a fan of this team for over 22 years now, I know not as much as many of you but more then a lot. I've been a member of this board now for 7 years and so I know the "sky is falling" drill that goes on every Mon/Tue. Then the Wed/Thur posts about how we can "Fix it" all the way to Fri/Sat/Sun's "We can win this thing" threads. This time it's different though. This time we have to be different about how we see this team. In this day and age we have so much info on teams and players that we get upset if we miss a post about so&so who is just sitting out a practice. We as fans want to run everyone out of town or throw them to the bench over 4 games. So many are ready to fire Jaroun after just talking about him being coach of the year just a month ago. Fickle.

TE's head right now is low, that's the best way I can describe it. A lot like Eli 2 years ago and I think that the best thing we can do now is stay with him and let him get over this hump. Drew Brees played terrible his first 2 seasons, so did Mcnabb and Eli Manning. Their teams stuck with them however and those teams were rewarded by playoff births. I truly believe TE is a good QB and I think these next few games may be key if not THE KEY to where his career goes. If this guy mans up and shows the heart we all thought he had 4 weeks ago then I think he is our guy BUT if he let's all of these chucklehead's get to him and finishes this year awful, well, then we need to start praying that TE finds out what the deal is during THIS offseason.

I think what Brandon and Co. are trying to do here in Buffalo is give us STABILITY, the one thing we have lacked for 10 years. Most newer buffalo fans only know of this changing of the guard every 3 years. I understand why people are calling for TE's head and Jauron's head. I GET IT. It's all a Bills fan knows of recently. It's this mentality however that will keep us in neutral with the gas running. I think the extensions are great and I think keeping the coarse with TE is crucial. This team can be good when their confident.

TE may or may not be "The Man" but you can say that about 80% of this team right now. We're young(again) but one of the key components to taking a young team into adolescence and then into maturity is stability. The rest of this year may be the most crucial part of THIS teams future.

Agreed about Manning and Brees. I have said the same thing about Eli and backed it up with stats. Last year, Eli was 10-6, had 13 fumbles and threw 20 picks. He had a 56% pass completion ratio. Not exactly a superbowl year, but then again, guess what? Coughlin didn't pull Eli when he was playing poorly and Eli sure did play poorly at times. Sometimes for extended periods. The coaching staff has to try to restore Edwards confidence and give him the opportunity to play through this slump. Building a franchise QB is a process and there are going to be ups and downs. Neither JP or Hamdan is the answer and pulling Edwards and putting in either one of those guys isn't going to help the team or Edwards. It's painful to sit through Edwards slump, but that's what we are all going to have to do. It would be downright foolish to make any changes to the QB position right now. We're going to have to sit tight for the rest of this year and hope Edwards can ride this thing out. I'm betting he does.

What has Trent done? More INTs than TDs? His poise maybe?

I guess INT's and TD's are more important then wins to you. That's fine you can have the stats, I'll take the wins.

So when you ask me "What has Trent done"(to make ME think he can pull off a winning record)? My answer is this: HE HAS A WINNING RECORD! That's what I think about him pulling off a winning record.

Now tell me more about Trent's sh!tty stats.

Guest dog14787
Please stop using logic and reason on this board...

Yup, its just not logical, just like the Bills sitting here at 5-5 after starting out 4-0, its just not logical.

So who do you suppose we blame when we have what amounts to one of the easiest schedules in the league, we play sloppy, penalty filled ball games, make poor decision's that cost us points and in my opinion wins, and we seem to be getting worst and not better,

Who do we blame?

Agreed about Manning and Brees. I have said the same thing about Eli and backed it up with stats. Last year, Eli was 10-6, had 13 fumbles and threw 20 picks. He had a 56% pass completion ratio. Not exactly a superbowl year, but then again, guess what? Coughlin didn't pull Eli when he was playing poorly and Eli sure did play poorly at times. Sometimes for extended periods. The coaching staff has to try to restore Edwards confidence and give him the opportunity to play through this slump. Building a franchise QB is a process and there are going to be ups and downs. Neither JP or Hamdan is the answer and pulling Edwards and putting in either one of those guys isn't going to help the team or Edwards. It's painful to sit through Edwards slump, but that's what we are all going to have to do. It would be downright foolish to make any changes to the QB position right now. We're going to have to sit tight for the rest of this year and hope Edwards can ride this thing out. I'm betting he does.

Well said. Can we please make this required reading for the board???

I guess INT's and TD's are more important then wins to you. That's fine you can have the stats, I'll take the wins.

So when you ask me "What has Trent done"(to make ME think he can pull off a winning record)? My answer is this: HE HAS A WINNING RECORD! That's what I think about him pulling off a winning record.

Now tell me more about Trent's sh!tty stats.

I will also take the wins over stats. Trent is 5-5 That is not a winning record. I firmly believe if JP had played every game this year the Bills would have a winning record, not 5-5.

Guest dog14787
Well said. Can we please make this required reading for the board???

I don't think most folks around here are looking for a long term QB change, but there does come a time when you might want to sit a Rookie for the more experienced guy. Take a look at the Titans, its not always a bad thing for a player to sit out a game, especially if he's struggling and it may just hurt his confidence more, so why do it.

Trent Edwards is the future of the Buffalo Bills and I'm sure most folks will agree with that, but TE shouldn't have regressed the way he did just like the offense and the whole team shouldn't have regressed the way it did without intervention, and someone has to take responsibility.

I nominate Dick Jauron :lol: