AUTO BAILOUT?

throwbackbilly

All of my employees receive full health benefits for them and their family at no cost to them.

We belong to the Local 36 United Brotherhood of People Who Can Take Care of Themselves.

Yeah but we're in management and we're !@#$ing them in other places. :thumbsup:

Oh BTW, are we drinking the '61 Latour at your mansion or mine this weekend?

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never worked union before so I only know what people have to put up with before becoming unionized. I see no problems. You're an idiot.

So you only have an outside belief and have never had an inside look and yet you believe your opinion is more informed? Who's the real idiot?

Read the post I responded to ya schmuck! I've worked in some of the biggest hell holes in the country under some of the most inhumane conditions ever and I wouldn't want someone to charge me to make it better. I chose that career and knew what I was getting into and it's my opinion that unions have !@#$ed a lot of this country up. I've heard more horror stories about what goes on on union gigs than non-union shops.

I stand by my post. "Hearing" what goes on is not the same as having personal experience. Working in a "hell hole" doesn't make you a union expert.

As someone alluded to before, my experiences with unions (and yes I have been in one) is that their biggest detriment is the blind protection of what we'll call "less than desirable" workers. The vast majority of workers put in an honest days work, but you can't underestimate the damage the bottom 5% or so can do. Also, it's been my experience that most of the stewards knew that that the person should be canned, but felt their hands were tied because "he pays his dues."

I agree 100% with that.

I'm a tool? I love the way you guys need someone to take care of you and make things better. Either the government or your union will make things all fine and dandy. Just because I've never worked for a union doesn't mean that I don't understand that I don't need one to make my life better. That's up to me. And I've heard more horror stories from union gigs than non-union.

You are a tool. The unions are there to make sure a fair wage is paid. How much do you make? I bet you're overpaid for the job you do. Let me decide how much you deserve for your work. If you don't want me to do that then stop doing it to other people. Get it?

My company offers free health coverage. Our dues? Zero.

You're bringing your company down. You're running it toward bankruptcy because of your benefits. You need to drop that and take a pay cut in order to keep your business afloat. :rolleyes:

My uncle is a bus driver and unionized. Most of those guys are reliable, hard working people. There are, however, a small percentage of dimwits who do abhorrent things and are still able to keep their jobs because the union fights for them. For example: Some driver was caught on the in-bus surveillance camera sh*tting on the bus. I will repeat that......sh*tting on the bus. Actually squatting and taking a sh*t in the aisle. He was in the union, and the union went to bat for the guy. So what happens is, from that point on, the management will now stereotype every union member as a guy who is capable of sh*tting on the bus.

If there was not a union, that guy would be fired without question, and THAT's the way it should be.

:rolleyes:

Hey... Where do you expect them to go? Aren't all workers (under US labor laws, not just union) provided a place to go? Nobody cries foul when the illegal Mexican sh*ts in the field while they pick the lettuce for your evening meal? The you wonder why there is an e-coli outbreak... :lol::lol:

And no I am NOT defending the guy... Stop the bus and go to a service station or something... They are just being beligerant because they feel they aren't given adequate facilites under US labor laws.

Oh... One question... Did he clean it up?

:D

My company offers free health coverage. Our dues? Zero.

I pay federal taxes and get paid by the federal gov't... Does that mean I supsidize my own salary? :lol::lol: Okay... Okay, maybe I pay part of my co-workers salary...

What I don't get is... If I go out and buy something for official use with company funds, they have a tax exempt ID number. What I am saying is how come the equipment is exempt, but not the labor using the equipment is not?

The paint I use is tax exempt... But, me painting (labor) the whatever isn't. Again... I am subsidizing my own job, it is my tax dollars too... :rolleyes:

:D

It's already been filled by Honda and Toyota.

Some say... They do not want the big three to fail... Will harm them... Watch what happens when their product gets more exposure... You will say: "what?" What a I mean, what will they do when there is no more domestic whipping boy to feed off of...

Will the Jap big three be up to the task?

It's already been filled by Honda and Toyota.

A large chunk if it already has.

But there are still brand loyal folks, "buy American" folks, and a few who prefer GM/Ford/Chrylser cars

But that's just the manufacturing name brand

Then there's the auto dealers and service centers that are "Built Ford Tough" or "GM Goodwrench"

Consumer confidence is based largely on brand recognition. Losing GM/Ford/Chrysler is akin to losing Coke/Pepsi/McDonalds

In TSW terms.....I've heard of him. Get 'r dun

A large chunk if it already has.

But there are still brand loyal folks, "buy American" folks, and a few who prefer GM/Ford/Chrylser cars

But that's just the manufacturing name brand

Then there's the auto dealers and service centers that are "Built Ford Tough" or "GM Goodwrench"

Consumer confidence is based largely on brand recognition. Losing GM/Ford/Chrysler is akin to losing Coke/Pepsi/McDonalds

In TSW terms.....I've heard of him. Get 'r dun

I thought about that too... I don't think of it as cavalier as you do.

And yes, the economy is slowing down... So sure less cars and trucks are needed.

Does Ford going belly up bleed into farm equipment? Does it beed into say a company like Volvo?

I am just saying... It is not just about the Yuppy leaving for work from the suburbs in a Accord now that they can't find an American version.

What does this do to all aspects of the what is a diversived American motors complex... I have a hard time believing that their product is all about the consumer automobiles.

You are a tool. The unions are there to make sure a fair wage is paid. How much do you make? I bet you're overpaid for the job you do. Let me decide how much you deserve for your work. If you don't want me to do that then stop doing it to other people. Get it?

So wait a minute. If I run my own business I can't decide how much to pay my employees, some outside entity does that? Let me make that decision and if I under pay, then people will go work for my competition. See how that works, it's called a free market. The number of employees belonging to a union is a small minority. There are not too many sweat shops out there anymore and I think most people are making a fair wage. So what exactly is it the the unions are doing for that minority, other than getting rich off them. Sorry, I'm not the tool here.

So wait a minute. If I run my own business I can't decide how much to pay my employees, some outside entity does that? Let me make that decision and if I under pay, then people will go work for my competition. See how that works, it's called a free market. The number of employees belonging to a union is a small minority. There are not too many sweat shops out there anymore and I think most people are making a fair wage. So what exactly is it the the unions are doing for that minority, other than getting rich off them. Sorry, I'm not the tool here.

Where did I say anything about paying employees? I asked you how much you make and to let me and others in this country determine whether or not you're overpaid. That's what you're doing with the auto workers. It works both ways so let me and others decide if you're overpaid.

Where did I say anything about paying employees? I asked you how much you make and to let me and others in this country determine whether or not you're overpaid. That's what you're doing with the auto workers. It works both ways so let me and others decide if you're overpaid.

You are being overpaid when your company pays way more per employeee than its foreign competitors...and you are asking for a taxpayer bailout. The govt and taxpayers DO have something to say about the wages of an industry when it has its hands in our pants.

I work on comission so what you're trying to do doesn't work here. But let's say I made $50 per hour. That should be between me and the person who signs my paychecks shouldn't it? Why do I need a third party to help me with that? If I feel I'm worth $60, I negotiate with my employer. He either says yes or no. Then it's my decision to accept his offer or go someplace else.

I'm not deciding what auto employees make, their boss does because they've caved to the unions. How much does a union assembly line employee make an hour compared to me? If you needed to I could figure my hourly rate. Compare what I do to what they do and we'll see who's overpaid.