Trent has a better supporting cast than JP did

RVJ

Its worthless to play Losman now. Playoffs are out of sight, may as well keep Edwards in there, cut the chains off let him air it out all over the field. See what potential he really has.......

Now I dont know what Losman's contract status is, but if he has another year then I'd think about playing him just to showcase his talents and maybe get a draft pick for him.....but last I thought this is his last year.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

in other words, you want to see the Bills go from bad to worse. no thanks. we've seen that bad rerun enough times.

As opposed to the worse current rerun? B-)

If the Bills still think they're in the playoff race, they make the move to Losman to see what he can give them with this inarguably better team. If they think they're out of it, stick with Trent and let him "work through" his recent pathetic play.

As opposed to the worse current rerun? B-)

If the Bills still think they're in the playoff race, they make the move to Losman to see what he can give them with this inarguably better team. If they think they're out of it, stick with Trent and let him "work through" his recent pathetic play.

Please stop. If you honestly think Losman is the answer, you're asking the wrong questions. Losman hasn't taken us anywhere in 3 years. Edwards ahs sucked badly for the last month and may not be the answer, but I've seen enough of JP to never wanna watch him play for Buffalo again.

I saw all of Losman I needed to see in the preseason. He was still holding the ball way too long out there. Edwards has the tools. Now they just need to put it all together. There are plenty of successful QBs that don't have great arms.

What the hell are you talking about?

He had a great preseason.

I would like to see JP get another shot. When he played in 2006 he had a worse line than Trent does. And Faircchild set J.P. up to fail. I just feel Trents arm is to weak. Trent has 8 TDs now with an easy schedule. JP had 19 TD passes in 2006.

I think that if, as we are now seeing is possible in the news B-) , we had Payton and Eli Manning get pregnant and have a son, and he became a high school star at QB, then won the Heisman Trophy, he was drafted #1 overall and "seasoned" elsewhere, then was the MVP of three straight Super Bowls, and then we put him with this starting cast of characters, within 4 weeks we would be saying he sucks.

Football takes 11 talented players and a game plan from intelligent coaches. We are lacking in both areas.

I think that if, as we are now seeing is possible in the news B-) , we had Payton and Eli Manning get pregnant and have a son, and he became a high school star at QB, then won the Heisman Trophy, he was drafted #1 overall and "seasoned" elsewhere, then was the MVP of three straight Super Bowls, and then we put him with this starting cast of characters, within 4 weeks we would be saying he sucks.

Football takes 11 talented players and a game plan from intelligent coaches. We are lacking in both areas.

You should change your name. I get you cornfused with rlflutie and he's a team swapping nut job.

You should change your name. I get you cornfused with rlflutie and he's a team swapping nut job.

I would......but I can't. AJ is my son. I lost him to childhood cancer in January at the age of 14-1/2. He always loved Flutie as a 8 yr old. And we made that name up back then.

AJ was a great little football player, receiver. Caught 3 TD in 7th grade longer than 75 yds. Tore his ACL in 8th grade pre-season. Came back to win Track Athlete of the Year within 6 months, anchoring the 4 x 100 team and breaking the school record for the 400. They retired his football jersey. Scored a game winner in a sudden death Championship hockey game. More importantly, he was simply a great kid. Here's an intro to a speech I gave at a fundraising event for childhood cancer research.

You know for the last two years, my right shoulder has really ached. I called it my torn rotor cuff. It came from throwing untold thousands of footballs to my 14 year old son, Alex John, or as we called him, AJ. Trying to lead him just right on deep post patterns, trying hard to keep up with his speed. And, after the last one every time, you see, he would only let it end after he made a great catch, from catching the big lug and hugging him as he came running and jumped into my arms, yelling "the Bills win the Super Bowl, the Bills win the Super Bowl!". Just us dreaming. It came from me trying to pitch to him as fast as I could so he wouldn't hit me, but he always did. It honestly hurt enough so that I only slept on my left side and if I rolled over on it, it would wake me up in the night. But I didn't care, how could I stop doing those things? I loved it. My new problem is that over the past month or so, my shoulder has slowly but surely stopped aching. Now what keeps me awake at night is my broken heart. You see, I have no one to throw those passes to, no one to brush back anymore. Because AJ left us on January 5, 2008, a victim of childhood cancer.

So now I am an advocate for awareness and funding for childhood cancer.

I founded People Against Childhood Cancer and have a petition where we are trying to get the media to help us raise awareness. 1 in 300 kids develops cancer before age 20. 1 in 4 do not survive. It's the #1 killing disease of our kids today. Nobody even knows about it. Until its your kid.

Sorry man......know you didn't ask.......but that's the story of the name.

I would......but I can't. AJ is my son. I lost him to childhood cancer in January at the age of 14-1/2. He always loved Flutie as a 8 yr old. And we made that name up back then.

Sorry man......know you didn't ask.......but that's the story of the name.

OK, who's a heel! B-)

Perspective restored.

STOP already!

Moulds was useless at the end of his time in Buffalo, Reed of today is a lot better than the Reed of 2005. It's arguable that Evans is better today than he was in 2005 and Royal/Campbell is a wash. Lynch/Jackson is better than McGahee/whoever and todays oline is way better. Not to mention the coaching today is better. So please stop trying to spin things in Trent's favor all the time because your examples are weak!

Yeah, Moulds sucked in 2005. Did you ever look at his stats post-JP in 2005? 7 rec for 59 yards 1 TD against Miami, and 7 rec for 63 yards for 1 TD against the Jets. He then has a let down of 4 rec for 36 yards to follow up with 9 rec for 136 yards and 1 TD.

Yeah, he was USELESS. LOLOLOLOL

If that's useless what do you call Evans for 4 games this year including last game? In 2005 Moulds had 81 receptions in 15 games. JP only passed for over 200 yards once the entire year. McGahee is every bit as good as Lynch in 2005. He ran for 1247 yards in 15 games.

Maybe you should be more objective and compare each player objectively. Subjectively I would rather have Lynch over McGahee as he is a MUCH better team player, but talent wise I don't see a real difference. Objectively I would rather than Evans/Moulds over Reed/Evans. Reed isn't a fraction to what Moulds was in 2005. Moulds made acrobatic catches in the NO game in 2005 with passes way over his head and all over the place, for the few receptions he had and JP looked like Dr. Frankenstein.

Maybe Moulds was useless in 05' because he was willing to say JP sucked publicly, but his play on the field was just fine.

Please stop. If you honestly think Losman is the answer, you're asking the wrong questions. Losman hasn't taken us anywhere in 3 years. Edwards ahs sucked badly for the last month and may not be the answer, but I've seen enough of JP to never wanna watch him play for Buffalo again.

As I've said repeatedly, JP is not the long-term answer, but he MAY be a short-term one, as long as the playoffs are still a possibility. Trent is defintely NOT the short-term answer, and as a result, isn't looking like a long-term answer either. I can't see how he suddenly/miraculously snaps out of this horrible funk, seeing as how the game was on the line on that final drive and the coaches basically said to him "we can't trust your arm so we're going to run it 3 straight times."

As I've said repeatedly, JP is not the long-term answer, but he MAY be a short-term one, as long as the playoffs are still a possibility. Trent is defintely NOT the short-term answer, and as a result, isn't looking like a long-term answer either. I can't see how he suddenly/miraculously snaps out of this horrible funk, seeing as how the game was on the line on that final drive and the coaches basically said to him "we can't trust your arm so we're going to run it 3 straight times."

Did you not notice that perfect 22-yard laser on the final drive? I think the coaches made a mistake not trying to move in closer. A funk like the one TE is in can be snapped out of quite suddenly, as suddenly as it started. Losman had ample opportunity and failed to capitalize, his chance is over. He even called himself out last season prior to the Jerksonville Jagoffs game.

You must have been watching someting different than I was.

Lostman cost fairchild his job.

Losman had a good season in 2006,and that was without being able to change the play. Know look at Edwards ,he is able to change the play and still does a running play when they have 8 in the box.Why isn't he changing the play at the line when he see that?

JP had Evans, Moulds, and Campbell. Trent has Evans, Reed/Hardy, and Royal. Evans in 2005 was ok, better than Reed/Hardy, and Moulds is better than Evans or Reed/Hardy/Johnson, and Campbell is better than Royal.
Moulds was let go after 2005 season.When Losman started the whole 2006 season Pearless Price was our no 2 reciever.He was the one who catched the winning T.D. againts Houston back in the endzone.

I saw all of Losman I needed to see in the preseason. He was still holding the ball way too long out there. Edwards has the tools. Now they just need to put it all together. There are plenty of successful QBs that don't have great arms.

hate to break this to you, but Trent in the last 4 weeks holds onto the ball like hit was the very thing giving him life...he is taking WAY too many sacks where he should have thrown the ball or threw it away. And if he isnt getting sacked hes getting hit as he throws (hence INTS and Fumbles) because he held the ball too long...

JP had Evans, Moulds, and Campbell. Trent has Evans, Reed/Hardy, and Royal. Evans in 2005 was ok, better than Reed/Hardy, and Moulds is better than Evans or Reed/Hardy/Johnson, and Campbell is better than Royal.

Uhhhhhhh.... biggest (2008) O-line vs the worst o-Line in the league (2006)?

I would like to see JP get another shot. When he played in 2006 he had a worse line than Trent does. And Faircchild set J.P. up to fail. I just feel Trents arm is to weak. Trent has 8 TDs now with an easy schedule. JP had 19 TD passes in 2006.

Wow.

DB is no longer in Buffalo and yet we stupidly still blame the QB AND ONLY THE QB!!! :lol: