Time to give Cowher the keys to the kingdom

cale

It's time for the Donahoe sins to be redeemed. Cowher needs to be here. I doubt he'll come. Cause he's worked for a similar owner before. But I would try everything in my power to get him.

I love Jauron. But it's clear he doesn't have a feel for the game or how to motivate his players and coaches. Time to say good bye.

Hell, I'd settle for Bobby April. The last time we hired a ST coach as HC turned out pretty well for us.

C

It's time for the Donahoe sins to be redeemed. Cowher needs to be here. I doubt he'll come. Cause he's worked for a similar owner before. But I would try everything in my power to get him.

I love Jauron. But it's clear he doesn't have a feel for the game or how to motivate his players and coaches. Time to say good bye.

Hell, I'd settle for Bobby April. The last time we hired a ST coach as HC turned out pretty well for us.

C

How can u F'in say you love the guy! What the F did he ever do to deserve that. Even ESPN called him out with words and stats: He only had the one lucky winning season with the Bears every other was a losing season. Jauron=LOSER

Jauron is another one of those excellent coordinators but flops as a Head Coach

And Cowher is a pipedream:

1: Ralph is insanely cheap and won't pay what Cowher would expect

2: Ralph is insanely cheap and won't fire Jauron with the extension on the books

3: Ralph is insanely cheap so Cowher knows he won't be able to sign players

4: If Cowher is thinking of a comeback in 2009 he's probably got his eye on Cleveland or KC, possibly Dallas

Jauron is another one of those excellent coordinators but flops as a Head Coach

And Cowher is a pipedream:

1: Ralph is insanely cheap and won't pay what Cowher would expect

2: Ralph is insanely cheap and won't fire Jauron with the extension on the books

3: Ralph is insanely cheap so Cowher knows he won't be able to sign players

4: If Cowher is thinking of a comeback in 2009 he's probably got his eye on Cleveland or KC, possibly Dallas

Cowher ain't a pipedream. You can never say never.

First, the best part about Jauron's contract is it's not guaranteed. Fire his arse and that's all folks!

Second, he already had a cheap owner (see: Rooneys) who rarely kept an FA's and won the superbowl

anyway.

Third, maybe Ralphy boy see's his own impending demise and pays a few extra bucks for the right guy.

Remember, Cowher would probably want full control and we don't have an actual GM.

Personally, I love the idea of a HC who will actually show some emotion and get in these players faces

when they play like crud.

"First, the best part about Jauron's contract is it's not guaranteed."

----------------------------

Is that true?! That would be very unconventional for a head coach, but a highly significant point if true.

Player contracts typically provide a "must make the team" escape clause, but head coach contracts are usually guaranteed to term ... except for certain "for cause" termination rights that are rarely used because doing so is a practice highly frowned upon by the league and the player's union. Al Davis is trying to scoot his obligations to Lane Kiffen, and Ralphy once tried to stiff Wade (and lost, I believe), but usually coaches get paid out their entire term.

If Dicky can be let go with no financial consequences, that puts several options on the table.

Second, he already had a cheap owner (see: Rooneys) who rarely kept an FA's and won the superbowl

anyway.

Don't you think that might have been a big reason why he's not in Pittsburgh anymore? Maybe he'd like to find out what it's like to coach a real NFL team for a change.

Personally, I love the idea of a HC who will actually show some emotion and get in these players faces

If he starts getting in their faces the Bills will never win a game.

Who's going to play for a coach that sprays spit all over the place and has the nerve to get in your face?

He froths at the mouth like he has rabbies or something.

Maybe now that Ralph is nearing the end, he'll see the light and put some money into his team in the hopes of winning a super bowl in his lifetime. I can't imagine he wants to go down having owned an NFL franchise longer than anyone else, never to win the big one.

I agree, but then again there's this extension thing.

Front office showed a lack of experience in extending him so soon when his teams can't beat an opponent with a winning record. Hopefully the deal is structured in such a way that he can be replaced without the expense of doing so being a big motivating factor to keep him.

He's be OK if he had 2 very strong experience coordinators that bring great X' and O's to the party. He's got relatively inexperienced coordinators.

Don't you think that might have been a big reason why he's not in Pittsburgh anymore? Maybe he'd like to find out what it's like to coach a real NFL team for a change.

You think the Bills are a real NFL team???? Us & the lions are pretty much the laughing stock of the league. I lumped the Texans in their too but at least they have an excuse. Their an expansion team.

Cowher ain't a pipedream. You can never say never.

First, the best part about Jauron's contract is it's not guaranteed. Fire his arse and that's all folks!

anyway.

Third, maybe Ralphy boy see's his own impending demise and pays a few extra bucks for the right guy.

Remember, Cowher would probably want full control and we don't have an actual GM.

He has spoken highly of the talent on this team since the beginning of the season. Just saying...