Trent Edwards Press Conference

Virgil

When asked if he wanted to get Lindell closer said that it wasn't his decision and that it was out of his hands....

not sure what thread to have attached this too

I think the most disturbing thing has to be how he continues to say:

"They dropped everyone into coverage and there was noone to throw to", even though Paul Hamilton reported that Evans and other receivers were running open all game long and Edwards was scared to death to throw further than 5 yards downfield...Almost like he is in denial or something

This is the 5th game in a row other teams have done the same thing and Edwards clearly is afraid to pull the trigger now. When he does pull the trigger, he is throwing INT's. Guys are open, Edwards isn't finding them right now...

i just emailed chris brown asking him this exact thing.

It doesn't matter. Jauron is the HC and he has the authority to dictate what to do there. He may not have to call the plays, but he can just say something simple like "get 10 more yards" on his headset.

I think the most disturbing thing has to be how he continues to say:

"They dropped everyone into coverage and there was noone to throw to", even though Paul Hamilton reported that Evans and other receivers were running open all game long and Edwards was scared to death to throw further than 5 yards downfield...Almost like he is in denial or something

This is the 5th game in a row other teams have done the same thing and Edwards clearly is afraid to pull the trigger now. When he does pull the trigger, he is throwing INT's. Guys are open, Edwards isn't finding them right now...

one big problem with this point is that Paul Hamilton is awful and, in my experience, doesn't seem to know what the heck he is watching (or isn't really watching) when it comes to football.

It doesn't matter. Jauron is the HC and he has the authority to dictate what to do there. He may not have to call the plays, but he can just say something simple like "get 10 more yards" on his headset.

There are many Head Coaches wh interject very little or nothing during the game...Dick certainly seems the flacid type to do this...(sorry, I would not resist...)

There are many Head Coaches wh interject very little or nothing during the game...Dick certainly seems the flacid type to do this...(sorry, I would not resist...)

Not saying anything doesn't abdicate his responsibility.

out of his hands?he meant the 3 errant throws he made right? lol lol all i know is 1 td and 3 int's and 148 yards passing would of had posters screaming at losman................go bills and trent please practice extra hard this week.

It's way too late to try and apply the same level of scrutiny to Trent as JP was subjected to. If there was a game this year where it would have made sense to put Trent on the bench, it would have been this one. Shows you these coaches have no intention of doing that even if it means losing the game.

go bills and trent please practice extra hard this week.

Well, it's a short week and he goes to the coiffure on Thursdays, he has to be fit for gloves Wednesday morning and has three interviews to B word about not being drafted higher on Friday. That doesn't leave much time.

one big problem with this point is that Paul Hamilton is awful and, in my experience, doesn't seem to know what the heck he is watching (or isn't really watching) when it comes to football.

its not hard to see when guys are wide open....he didn't say, "there were some guys open, and he just missed them"...he said "Guys were WIDE OPEN ALL DAY long..." emphasizing WIDE OPEN. I tend to believe this as I saw some guys seemingly with 3 or 4 steps on their defenders on some replays....Edwards either didn't throw it to them or waited 1 or 2 seconds too long...

And all game long there was no anticipation, no hitting a receiver as he made his cut. It was all wait wait wait and then either gun it or dump it. Terrible terrible game by Trent. The o-line and the running game and special teams almost made it a much needed win nonetheless.

Also, why was there no attempt to get to the line and run a play after the reversed INT? Whether it was a catch or not, you try to get a play off, or is that not an option on change of possession (not sure on rules).

As for bashing the play calling on the last three plays, I don't necessarily agree there. While I can't believe Trent ended the night not finding Evans once, when your QB is clearly having a terrible game and your 4th quarter running game yardage is: 18, 14, 3, 4, 6, 28, 1(TD) I think you can try to run it. Probably not all three plays, since I'm sure a play action would have helped more than that.

Getting from a 52 yarder to a 47 yarder is nice, but I do think that your goal has to be to get a first down, and given the defense passing should have been part of that.

This is very true. We're really going to talk about Evans "wide open" on the opposite side of the field after the CB stops playing him because the QB is scrambling the other way....this happens all the time...stick to hockey Paul.

Please note I'm not saying Edwards didn't suck.