Hillary for Sec. of State?

Erik

So anyone from the Beltway is off limits? I suppose he could just fill his cabinet with county supervisors and school superintendents from the sticks.

From someone who's been ramming change down your throat for 18 months you'd expect that he'd have a nice group of people from outside Washington. But when you're hearing the same old names it's pretty !@#$ing stupid. Changing right into the same old shiit.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From someone who's been ramming change down your throat for 18 months you'd expect that he'd have a nice group of people from outside Washington. But when you're hearing the same old names it's pretty !@#$ing stupid. Changing right into the same old shiit.

So lets hear your ideas for an outside the beltway Democrat that you think would be as effective a SoS as Hillary, Richardson, or Kerry.

Hill'ry couldn't find her ass with a road map! The only way she "knows" international leaders is due to her years of hosting White House dinners and attending state funerals.

List for me the names of the arab leaders who will seriously negotiate with a white woman who lost the nomination, carrys the baggage of a cuckolding husband and gets off on self-aggrandisement.

So lets hear your ideas for an outside the beltway Democrat that you think would be as effective a SoS as Hillary, Richardson, or Kerry.

That's not my area of expertise and why does it have to be a Democrat? That's the friggen problem. I want someone to do the job who would be the best at it and I'd prefer someone who showed no party affiliation. I want Washington to change the way they do business and I thought that's what Obama meant with all that change bullcrap. You thought is was just a change from the Bush/Cheney ways. Sounds like the O'man had difficulty expressing what he meant by the word change. You all bought a word. Once again, hook, line and !@#$ing sinker.

If he brings in someone from Chicago you'd be freaking out that he's bringing "Chicago Politics" to DC. If he brings in someone from academia he'll be filling his cabinet with the "intellectual liberal elite". If he brings in someone from the business world he'll be "caving in to special interests".

For the Ten millionth time- Change is about different policies than we have had during the last 8 years, not just new names and faces that you've never heard of before.

That's not my area of expertise and why does it have to be a Democrat? That's the friggen problem. I want someone to do the job who would be the best at it and I'd prefer someone who showed no party affiliation. I want Washington to change the way they do business and I thought that's what Obama meant with all that change bullcrap. You thought is was just a change from the Bush/Cheney ways. Sounds like the O'man had difficulty expressing what he meant by the word change. You all bought a word. Once again, hook, line and !@#$ing sinker.

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/

Who makes these people?

If he brings in someone from Chicago you'd be freaking out that he's bringing "Chicago Politics" to DC. If he brings in someone from academia he'll be filling his cabinet with the "intellectual liberal elite". If he brings in someone from the business world he'll be "caving in to special interests".

For the Ten millionth time- Change is about different policies than we have had during the last 8 years, not just new names and faces that you've never heard of before.

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/

Who makes these people?

Hook, line and !@#$ing sinker.

Obama spokesman Tommy Vietor said that while Obama's refusal to take money from lobbyists "isn't a perfect solution or symbol, it does reflect Obama's record of trying to change the way that Washington does business." He declined to elaborate.

He declined to elaborate. B-)

I qualified it as being a Democrat because I believe he will choose a Republican to be SoDefense after Gates leaves, probably Chuck Hagel, Colin Powell, or Richard Lugar.

Actually yes. You live, you make mistakes and learn. I don't really think the Sec. of State needs to super women or anything. Its a tough job, yes, but she is smart and will do fine, IMO

The absolutely most important prerequisite of learning from one's mistakes is to recognize them.

Do you honestly think that either Clinton recognizes their policies of combatting terrorism by promoting women's rights in Muslim countries, or fighting weapons proliferation by giving nuclear programs to countries seeking weapons, or having literally NO Central Asian policy to speak of as actual mistakes???

Hillary, policy-wise, is cut from the same cloth as her husband; the one that combines the cluelessness of Bush the Younger with the gutless "don't make waves" cowardice of Carter, with a dose of non-partisan, All-American "We know what's best" arrogance. I would prefer you - hell, I'd prefer Wacka, or elegantidiotoffen - over Clinton.