Hillary for Sec. of State?

Erik

Richardson would be a good choice.

Another good choice would be to keep Condi Rice there - she's actually done a pretty good job (particularly since Rumsfeld left Defense and Cheney went in to hiding after shooting a lawyer). Never happen, since even if she did an indisputably brilliant job she's too closely associated with Bush. Likewise Gates at defense.

They'll never keep Rice, I hope they at least keep Gates for a year and Obama doesn't cave into anti-war folks. If they had their way we'd pull all troops out of everywhere and disband the military.

I'd be cool with Clinton for SOS cuz she showed she has balls by voting for the war and wouldn't be a pushover. I really like Richardson, although I don't know if he has the balls to be SOS. Although he did go against the Clintons by endorsing O, that took balls. You need somebody that can stand up against the Russians, Iranians etc when need be, I feel like Richardson is too likeable...he would have been a better VP nominee.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, is it fair to say the SecState will be dealing with Arab states, and Muslims in general, for many years to come regarding substantive issues?

Do we yet have a clue about the status of women in such states/cultures?

Are we, again, going to ignore world cultural reality to satisfy our local political objectives?

Why "throw" a woman in the faces of those with little regard for women outside of the home?

Do you hire a butcher to wire your house?

I'm just sayin'....

Condi Rice?????????

Hillary should stay in the senate this is a major mistake by Barack if he lets her near the white house. Same with Kerry and Daschle neither is a choice for sec of state. I see Richardson as a decent choice

No, getting her out of the Senate is a good thing. Now if he can only find something for our Sens Boxer and Feinstein.

Alexander Haig????????

In the future, ElegantIdiot, when you do not understand the context of a post please either take the time to read the preceding posts or ask your nanny to explain things to you.

I would also like to ask you to please refrain from ever again replying to one of my posts or quoting me in any way shape or form as I consider you to be roughly equal to Wacka on the PPP IQ chart (you both rank somewhere below a partially set jell-o mold).

In the future, ElegantIdiot, when you do not understand the context of a post please either take the time to read the preceding posts or ask your nanny to explain things to you.

I would also like to ask you to please refrain from ever again replying to one of my posts or quoting me in any way shape or form as I consider you to be roughly equal to Wacka on the PPP IQ chart (you both rank somewhere below a partially set jell-o mold).

Actually I think that the person with the low IQ is the person who is responding to a joke post as if it were serious.

Actually I think that the person with the low IQ is the person who is responding to a joke post as if it were serious.

Then what you are saying is anyone who ever responds to any of your posts is just flat out stupid?

Good Info, hopefully everyone gets the message from here on out.

Nice.

Oh, no, no, no, no, no, please God, no. No. No. <_< '

Of all the things I disliked about Clinton's administration, I absolutely LOATHE his half-assed excuse for a foreign policy. Hillary as Secretary of State is pretty bloody !@#$ing close to my worst nightmare.

Funny how things change. On yesterdays talk shows, the conservatives were uniformly (but grudgingly) applauding her. They described her as a foreign policy hawk, far more in sync with the Republicans than anyone other plausible nominee, and - most importantly in their eyes - voted for the war and had the backbone not to apologize for it.

Funny how things change. On yesterdays talk shows, the conservatives were uniformly (but grudgingly) applauding her. They described her as a foreign policy hawk, far more in sync with the Republicans than anyone other plausible nominee, and - most importantly in their eyes - voted for the war and had the backbone not to apologize for it.

Need I point out that that's a completely idiotic measure of foreign policy qualifications?

Need I point out that that's a completely idiotic measure of foreign policy qualifications?

Better qualifications would be to ignore the consensus of your experts, or - if you followed it and their estimations turned out wrong - to apologize profusely and vow never to listen to experts again?

Better qualifications would be to ignore the consensus of your experts, or - if you followed it and their estimations turned out wrong - to apologize profusely and vow never to listen to experts again?

No, that would be idiotic as well.