Hillary for Sec. of State?

Erik

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, no, no, no, no, no, please God, no. No. No. :wallbash: '

Of all the things I disliked about Clinton's administration, I absolutely LOATHE his half-assed excuse for a foreign policy. Hillary as Secretary of State is pretty bloody !@#$ing close to my worst nightmare.

Oh, no, no, no, no, no, please God, no. No. No. <_< '

Of all the things I disliked about Clinton's administration, I absolutely LOATHE his half-assed excuse for a foreign policy. Hillary as Secretary of State is pretty bloody !@#$ing close to my worst nightmare.

Only because I'd like to see you explode. I hope she takes the job.

Oh, no, no, no, no, no, please God, no. No. No. <_< '

Biden. Hillary. And if we're lucky...Al Franken. :w00t::lol:

Biden. Hillary. And if we're lucky...Al Franken. <_<:w00t:

All as an overreaction to Bush, which was an overreaction to Clinton...

It just keeps getting more and more ludicrous. What's 2012's overreaction? The GOP going to nominate Foghorn Leghorn?

too late, your answer is as old as John Kerry swift boat threads.

I know a Swiftboat Vet. Well, knew a Swiftboat Vet in 2004. And by Swiftboat Vet I mean a guy who served in Vietnam as an enlisted (drafted <_<) member of the Brownwater Navy (what they called "Swiftboat Vets" before 2004)

He's at a different job now, but I still talk to him every so often. I call him Bluto because he looks like Bluto from Popyeye

But anyways, in 2004 he was no fan of Kerry

I know a Swiftboat Vet. Well, knew a Swiftboat Vet in 2004. And by Swiftboat Vet I mean a guy who served in Vietnam as an enlisted (drafted <_<) member of the Brownwater Navy (what they called "Swiftboat Vets" before 2004)

He's at a different job now, but I still talk to him every so often. I call him Bluto because he looks like Bluto from Popyeye

But anyways, in 2004 he was no fan of Kerry

I knew a Swiftboat Vet before I didn't know him.

Hillary should stay in the senate this is a major mistake by Barack if he lets her near the white house. Same with Kerry and Daschle neither is a choice for sec of state. I see Richardson as a decent choice

Richardson would be a good choice.

Another good choice would be to keep Condi Rice there - she's actually done a pretty good job (particularly since Rumsfeld left Defense and Cheney went in to hiding after shooting a lawyer). Never happen, since even if she did an indisputably brilliant job she's too closely associated with Bush. Likewise Gates at defense.

Hillary should stay in the senate this is a major mistake by Barack if he lets her near the white house. Same with Kerry and Daschle neither is a choice for sec of state. I see Richardson as a decent choice

Richardson would be a good choice.

Another good choice would be to keep Condi Rice there - she's actually done a pretty good job (particularly since Rumsfeld left Defense and Cheney went in to hiding after shooting a lawyer). Never happen, since even if she did an indisputably brilliant job she's too closely associated with Bush. Likewise Gates at defense.

Tactically, getting Daschle and Richardson into the Obama admin would be wiser than giving up known-quantity seats in the Senate. Kerry and Clinton would be replaced by people of lesser stature/clout. Then again, for Kerry, who's just starting to enter into the twilight of a long political career might be happy to serve 4 years (or 8) in hands-on govt work (a different animal than being a pontificate in the senate), then kick back a little, and in the meantime, give someone else a chance to establish a brand in Mass. But with Daschle and Richardson, there'd be no abdication of a national seat in order to take a spot in the WW or the cabinet.

Agree that Richardson would be a wise Sec of State choice for reasons of experience, knowledge and the respect he'd bring, even if he is a bit of a hokey bumbler. I've heard that Daschle is most likely to head HHS.

Are there any whispers on the national security post? Kind of an important one....

So, is it fair to say the SecState will be dealing with Arab states, and Muslims in general, for many years to come regarding substantive issues?

Do we yet have a clue about the status of women in such states/cultures?

Are we, again, going to ignore world cultural reality to satisfy our local political objectives?

Why "throw" a woman in the faces of those with little regard for women outside of the home?

Do you hire a butcher to wire your house?

I'm just sayin'....