Who on the Bills roster HATES losing

Shamrock

Was talking with a friend and he mentioned that teams generally have to have a good nucleus of guys that HATE freakin' losing and this attitude rubs off. Not just being unhappy with losing, but are PI$$ED off with being beat, it's an insult. So i got thinking, which players on the Bills despise losing, or seem driven to winning...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was talking with a friend and he mentioned that teams generally have to have a good nucleus of guys that HATE freakin' losing and this attitude rubs off. Not just being unhappy with losing, but are PI$$ED off with being beat, it's an insult. So i got thinking, which players on the Bills despise losing, or seem driven to winning...

I'd say:

Whitner

Schobel

Maybe Stroud

Mitchell

I think Butler despite him being powerless to stop it.

That's all I've got.

To be fair to Trent I think he probably hates losing his gloves or his Los Gatos public library card.

I'd say Kawika

he's got a strange way of showing it

Really good topic Shamrock. Unfortunately I can't come up with more than Whitner.

Our good character guys are philosophical and contemplative. We do not have someone willing to rip out the heart of the opposition. We are seriously lacking in nastiness.

I'd guess the top loss-haters are: Josh Reed, Whitner and Lynch. (While I think Lynch hates losing, he is NOT vocal.)

In the recent past: London Fletcher and Takeo Spikes. I actually wondered if this had something to do with their release. If a team is close, then this fire can push the team to elevate their play. But the Bills were suffering when these two were released and I think their emotional displays may have driven a sense of division on the team. I saw these two yelling furiously (especially LF-B) and not looking at anyone as they went to the locker room a number of times after a loss, pissed off at the loss and apparently their team/teammates.

I agree this fire is missing right now, but it's more than just passion, it's motivation, which is a bit trickier. I wish we had a vocal respected leader on this team to get them fired up and "come out swinging". The current apparent attitude ("Darn, it looks like another loss this weekend. Well, we tried.") starting with the coaches is really getting me down.

I would say I have no doubt that Pozlusny hates losing, he has an old school mentality about football which you have to love about him. I would probably agree with Whitner also. Edwards probably got used to losing at Stanford where they one about 1 game a year. Someone who already posted hasn't been watching for a couple years, London Fletcher hasn't been a Bill for a couple seasons now. I guess the more you think about it, not too many Bills fit this category, but then again not a whole lot of NFL players period fit this category. Fans hate losing more than the players do for the most part.

I would say I have no doubt that Pozlusny hates losing, he has an old school mentality about football which you have to love about him. I would probably agree with Whitner also. Edwards probably got used to losing at Stanford where they one about 1 game a year. Someone who already posted hasn't been watching for a couple years, London Fletcher hasn't been a Bill for a couple seasons now. I guess the more you think about it, not too many Bills fit this category, but then again not a whole lot of NFL players period fit this category. Fans hate losing more than the players do for the most part.

You missed his point. London Fletcher was the last Bills player that publicly displayed disgust with losing. Since then, the Bills really do not have a player of that category.

You missed his point. London Fletcher was the last Bills player that publicly displayed disgust with losing. Since then, the Bills really do not have a player of that category.

I wouldn't really say anyone. And if there is someone, he must not really get his views accross to the other players.

The problem with losing is that after you do it so many times, you get desensitized to it.

This team has lost its hatred for losing, because they have done it so much the past few years.

Not to mention this is a very young team with very little experience with winning. Kawika Mitchell and Marcus Stroud are the only veterans with any sort of playoff experience.

Not to mention this is a very young team with very little experience with winning. Kawika Mitchell and Marcus Stroud are the only veterans with any sort of playoff experience.

I think playoff experience has little to do with a guy being a motivator.

Motivators can be of any experience. They just have the drive and desire to win, hate to lose, and have no problem letting others know.

Playoff experience is better at keeping younger players on a more even keel, and keeping your eyes on the target.

I think playoff experience has little to do with a guy being a motivator.

Motivators can be of any experience. They just have the drive and desire to win, hate to lose, and have no problem letting others know.

Playoff experience is better at keeping younger players on a more even keel, and keeping your eyes on the target.

I agree that playoff experience is not equal to leadership. But, I don't completely dismiss the value of experience. Nor do I equate leadership with motivational speaking. Frankly, dismissing a young know-it-all isn't all that uncommon a human reaction. I guess that's why they don't come out of West Point with 5 stars.