Jauron apologists

Guest FUKK THE BILLS

i want to know where his supporters are now. when i first joined this board, my first posts were the following on the archived jauron thread, and a ton of you bashed me for my words:

i am really really concerned that he is the weak link. look at all the games he has cost the bills over the last year / two years. he always challenges the wrong plays, chooses the wrong defensive matchups - those are my main gripes. he is a poor game manager-he may be good up until sunday but fails to consistently make in-game adjustments, proper use of timeouts and challenges. i like the guy from boise st chris peterson

guys i didnt mean to diss the bills-i am a huge bills fan, i just think aside from his trick plays and 'players environment' he seems out of touch and distant - the new england snf game really exposed his inability to assign proper defensive assignments & create mismatches - look at who he had on moss that whole game

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not throwing a replay flag in time did not lose us the game. Last I checked Dick Jauuron was not playing O-line, D-line, RB, QB, etc. Players have to play. Maybe they aren't getting coached right during the week, but in the end, a guy who has a 50 lb advantage ought to have enough technique to push the line a yard or two. We can't even do that. How is anything else supposed to work?

PTR

It's not the coaching.

Sure there might be better coaches but I don't think you'll overcome this teams problems by through coaching.

Fire everyone in the personnel department and get some people in there who know how to evaluated players.

Not throwing a replay flag in time did not lose us the game. Last I checked Dick Jauuron was not playing O-line, D-line, RB, QB, etc. Players have to play. Maybe they aren't getting coached right during the week, but in the end, a guy who has a 50 lb advantage ought to have enough technique to push the line a yard or two. We can't even do that. How is anything else supposed to work?

PTR

In just one half of a season, the Miami Dolphins (team with 1 win last season) have past the Buffalo Bills. Thats coaching. That's all on Dick Jauron. These are his players, these are his schemes, these are his gameplans, these are his continued non-adjustments. His team quit on him during the most crucial games of this year.

what are you people talking about?? this failure is mainly on jauron's shoulders. look at what other coaches in this league have done with similar or less talent than the bills. look at belichick with cassel and benjarvus green-ellis, a career clipboard holder and an undrafted rook. give jauron those two players and we'd win 3 games a season

It's not the coaching.

Sure there might be better coaches but I don't think you'll overcome this teams problems by through coaching.

I would disagree as DJ's past record says otherwise.

Fire everyone in the personnel department and get some people in there who know how to evaluated players.

In the Bills case, that would include firing the HC as he is part of that department.

if you are a supporter, defend him

Let me ask you this: Do you think the Bills have all the pieces in place to be a legitimate contender in the AFC?

If you do, pass the pipe.

DL is horrid...Poz isn't what he thought he was..LB's are marginal at best...OL is a mess, WR's have been a problem for me for YEARS...why can't people see that...TE is probably the worst in the NFL...but yet, being 5-4, means we are SO talented that firing Jauron is going to fix everything?

Please.

We're still here.

Unfortunately there's going to be about 8 or 9 threads daily calling out Jauron until our next win, so we're not looking to get into a debate in every single one. :wallbash:

You might be waiting awhile.

But look on the bright side. After this year, he will still have 3 more years of being able to prove his critics wrong.

It's not the coaching.

uhhhhhh yes, it is........Trust me, I lived in Chicago during the Jauron era and my ears were bleeding after hearing so many complaints from Chicago fans on how brutal his gameplans were.

Wait a second, I just need to dab my ear again......

if you are a supporter, defend him

His tenure with the Bills speaks for itself. You can look at this thing any way you want to: you can just scope out the tip of the iceberg and note that he's lost more games than he's won, and conclude that he can never be a winning head coach. If you want to be pessimistic about it, that case is certainly available to you.

Or you can dig just a bit deeper, and consider the personnel he's worked with during that time. In year 1, he overachieved. In year 2, he again overachieved. In year 3, he's 5-4 and in the thick of the AFC playoff hunt. Whats to complain about?

DJ hasn't turned the ball over 12 times in the last three games. Nor has he completely stunk at running the ball.

No, but he is responsible for playing the players that turned the ball over 12 times, and he's responsible for the coaches who are supposed to work on improving the run game.

The fact that turnovers and the ineptitude of the run game has been an issue three straight weeks now tells me the coach isn't doing nearly enough to address the issues on this team.

Or you can dig just a bit deeper, and consider the personnel he's worked with during that time. In year 1, he overachieved. In year 2, he again overachieved. In year 3, he's 5-4 and in the thick of the AFC playoff hunt. Whats to complain about?

Three straight crucial losses to divisional opponents would be one. The inability of the team to win important games would be another. How about his inability to win challenges? (or in the case this week, even challenge properly?) One could point to how ill-prepared the team was this week and compare it to past performances and wonder "why is this team never up for big games?"

The evidence against Jauron is pretty damning. Say what you will about overachieving, but maybe from a personnel standpoint, why are our players so injury prone? And where is the depth that teams like Pittsburgh, NE, the NYG, have that when a key injury happens, they aren't crippled from the loss? It all comes back to personnel.

These are very trying times for Bills fans. I for one, hate the timid, conservative style of football the team plays. If we are going to lose, at least lets go out swinging. Not meekly walking off the field with our tail between our legs. Look at KC yesterday or Seattle. They lost, but they could walk off the fields proudly, knowing they gave it their all out there.

But hey, we just have problems "executing" right Dick?

His tenure with the Bills speaks for itself. You can look at this thing any way you want to: you can just scope out the tip of the iceberg and note that he's lost more games than he's won, and conclude that he can never be a winning head coach. If you want to be pessimistic about it, that case is certainly available to you.

WHAT'S TO COMPLAIN ABOUT????? THIS IS DICK JAURON'S TEAM!!! HE CHOSE THEM! HIS TEAM JUST QUIT ON HIM THREE CONSECUTIVE WEEKS AGAINST OUR THREE HATED DIVISIONAL RIVALS!!!!

Seriously, WH-- THE FU--????

Look at what the Dolphins have done in HALF of a season, and you are still backing Jauron? He is and always will be a loser. He may be a nice guy, but the Bills will never have a winning team with him as our head coach.

Three straight crucial losses to divisional opponents would be one. The inability of the team to win important games would be another. How about his inability to win challenges? (or in the case this week, even challenge properly?) One could point to how ill-prepared the team was this week and compare it to past performances and wonder "why is this team never up for big games?"

The evidence against Jauron is pretty damning. Say what you will about overachieving, but maybe from a personnel standpoint, why are our players so injury prone? And where is the depth that teams like Pittsburgh, NE, the NYG, have that when a key injury happens, they aren't crippled from the loss? It all comes back to personnel.

These are very trying times for Bills fans. I for one, hate the timid, conservative style of football the team plays. If we are going to lose, at least lets go out swinging. Not meekly walking off the field with our tail between our legs. Look at KC yesterday or Seattle. They lost, but they could walk off the fields proudly, knowing they gave it their all out there.

But hey, we just have problems "executing" right Dick?

I'm sorry, but three straight losses are not going to cause me to give up on someone who has over the course of two and a half years performed better at his job than most expectations. We've won 5 games and lost 4...sure we're down right now, but what makes everyone so convinced we can't bounce back? We are right in the middle of this playoff picture, folks.

These are indeed trying times. Its when your team is faced with a bit of adversity that your mettle as a fan is tested, not when your team is 4-0.

The greatest coach in Buffalo Bills history once presented his team with the following:

"'Fight on, my men,' Sir Andrew said. 'A little I'm hurt, but not yet slain. I'll just lie down and bleed awhile, then I'll rise and fight again.'"

Where has that spirit gone, Buffalo?

This Bills team was 1-3 last year, and nearly came back to make the playoffs. This year, we packed some early wins into our back pocket to minimize the damage from this snag in the road we seem to have hit. We are one game away from both the AFCE division leader(s), and the wild card holders. What is there to panic about?

You can try to suggest that injuries are somehow the head coaches fault :wallbash: or you can give him credit for doing a decent job when the majority of his starting defense was sitting on the sideline last year. Its up to you.

You can decide a conservative defensive style can't win in this league, or you can open your eyes to the fact that the Colts weren't any more aggressive with their defensive calls when they won the Super Bowl than we are now. Again, your decision.

If you really want to know my opinion, I think its disgusting that Buffalo Bills fans have LOWERED themselves to saying things like, "We're going to lose anyway, so we might as well blitz like its Madden and throw in the towel." This team is sitting a game out of a playoff spot with 7 weeks yet to go!

What makes you so sure we're going to lose? Have we not won more games than we've lost this year, running the defense as scripted by Dick Jauron and Perry Fewell?

I'm so glad guys like Paul Posluszny, Marshawn Lynch and Lee Evans don't have the type of weak, squeamish mindsets you find in most of the crew on The Wall.