Russia's latest rumor

aussiew

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did Bush have anything to do with it?

Bush doesn't have anything to do with what motivates Russia, Iran, or any other entity that would wish to threaten/harm us or our allies.

He does however, have EVERYTHING to do with dealing with the situation NOW, as he is sworn to as POTUS. This isn't something he can just pass the buck on while he waits out his last two months of lame duck status.

Bush doesn't have anything to do with what motivates Russia, Iran, or any other entity that would wish to threaten/harm us or our allies.

He does however, have EVERYTHING to do with dealing with the situation NOW, as he is sworn to as POTUS. This isn't something he can just pass the buck on while he waits out his last two months of lame duck status.

He should let Obama take the lead in negotiations. That's what a good CinC would do. Since Obama would be the one implementing whatever is agreed upon.

He should go give a great, big speech there.

What do you think it would cost to get that stage he had built for the convention shipped to Russia? That would be awesome. Russia would be, like, "Damn!" And we'd be, like, "Damn right."

And then peace would ensue.

What do you think it would cost to get that stage he had built for the convention shipped to Russia? That would be awesome. Russia would be, like, "Damn!" And we'd be, like, "Damn right."

No more like "Dude", and then "Dude Comrade".

And then there would be a love feast in Gorky Park.

No worries. If Russia keeps talking smack, Bush still had two months to unleash the power of the United States military on the Ukraine.

And then Obama and Putin can share in a first bump.

Has he not been president for the last 8 years? Is not the president largely in charge of foreign relations?

I know, I know. Constitution shmonstitution. Still, W looked deep into Putin's eyes and found love or whatever. I'm sure that checked Putin's aggression! Hahaha.

Missiles near Polish border

Linky thingy.

Welcome to your "first" day on the job, Mr. President.

Wow, Kaliningrad is more than just near the Polish border. Suddenly, my nightmare scenario of an eastern resurrection of a post-Weimar scenario may not be so remote. Talk about ugly parallels.

Hey, Dwight Drane any more room left in the bunker?

That's weird. I thought he wouldn't be sworn in until January. When did they change that?

Why worry? We've got an active president in office who, last time I checked, is still sworn to uphold the Constitution by defending the USA from all enemies, both foreign and domestic. I believe he took that oath seriously and will act swiftly to counter these new threats. I'm positive our president wouldn't let any unchecked military threat(s) to our security and the security of our NATO allies simply wait 60+ days just so the new president would have to deal with it. Why, that would be irresponsible and an utter dereliction of duty.

Besides, he looked Putin in the eyes and saw he has a good soul.

Exactly, the dimwits who are trying to blame this on Obama are just grasping at straws and trying to divert attention away from the fact that Bush brought this on himself.

True. I think Bush did it on purpose.

I cant wait for all those intellegence department cuts. Aint this great!

Link?

Bush has never listened to an intelligence report he didn't like.

Let's see. He's been President for 8 years? Do ya think some responsibility lays on his shoulders for this because of that? Bush had a lot of opportunity to work with Moscow but he doesn't understand diplomacy. He thinks the only way to handle people is at the end of a gun. That doesn't work, especially when our armies are drained in two wars right now. What the hell are we going to do? This is going to call for deft diplomacy and Bush isn't capable of that.