Russia's latest rumor

aussiew

Sorry to detract y'all from arguing about the results of the election, but I just heard a rumor from our Mexico City office that Putin is making some ugly statements this morning with strong challenges to the US. I haven't found anything on the internet. Does anyone have any info?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They also announced they are moving some nuke missles somewhere inside the new anti-missle umbrella.

That didn't take long.

I did find what you're talking about.

AFP reports...

As for what Russia said, here it is (sort of)...

UK's TimesOnline reports...

But there is more, of course...

Iran 'warns' us...

and

Cease-fire crumbles...

Missiles near Polish border

Linky thingy.

Welcome to your "first" day on the job, Mr. President.

Wow, Kaliningrad is more than just near the Polish border. Suddenly, my nightmare scenario of an eastern resurrection of a post-Weimar scenario may not be so remote. Talk about ugly parallels.

Hey, Dwight Drane any more room left in the bunker?

Edited by GG

Obama should take action like Bush did against Russia when they invaded Georgia! I'm glad we had his steady hand on the lever of power then to stop Russ...to say tough things to Russia.

Bush wasn't running this time. If there is someone here defending Bush, then go ahead and respond to this. But my view is that this election was never seen as Obama vs. McCain, which is what it should have been.

Bush wasn't running this time. If there is someone here defending Bush, then go ahead and respond to this. But my view is that this election was never seen as Obama vs. McCain, which is what it should have been.

My point is that we can't control the world no matter who the president is so we shouldn't expect Obama to be able to.

I'm honestly worried.

Why worry? We've got an active president in office who, last time I checked, is still sworn to uphold the Constitution by defending the USA from all enemies, both foreign and domestic. I believe he took that oath seriously and will act swiftly to counter these new threats. I'm positive our president wouldn't let any unchecked military threat(s) to our security and the security of our NATO allies simply wait 60+ days just so the new president would have to deal with it. Why, that would be irresponsible and an utter dereliction of duty.

Besides, he looked Putin in the eyes and saw he has a good soul.