Officially sick of Dick Jauron

That video of him speaking of the running game......UGLY! Just UGLY.

Always things that can happen better, they need to keep working at it, they think they have a good but but it didnt work....its the same crap every week. We need to keep working at it, we need to do this better, we need to do that better, we will get back to work and see where it goes.

The OL is in a rut, LOL, they just gotta keep working on it........

HEY DJ, its week 10 in the NFL.....you shouldnt have to treat it as if its preseason. If you cant get a running game going now, you wont get it going all year!

But hey just keep working at it, maybe by the last week in the NFL we will have a 100 yard rusher to go along with yet another losing season!

Enjoy your contract extension and thanks for nothing!

Officially sick of posts like this fu

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats interesting. Just recently, did we not hear a player state (to paraphrase) he felt he was NOT fully prepared?

Now, IMO, burning time outs to get plays in is NOT a sign of team that is prepared.

I was referring more to "focus" issues like penalties, dropped balls, and yes, turnovers. As for getting plays in, it's tough to say what the hang up was- a head set malfunction, personnel mis-cues, wrong play called....

But you're absolutely right, with regard to PLANNING prep, the jury is definitely still out on Jauron.

What if Edwards doesn't throw that pick six and the Bills win the game, despite the poor running attack? Nobody here would be complaining about Jauron or his tactics after a win. You'd all be calling him a steady-headed logical head coach.

no, that's not true - I would say the same thing as I did even when we started 4-0.......that we can't run the damn ball, and sooner or later it was gonna catch up to us.

The core problems: poor OL and DL play.....not addressed in the draft. It's plain as day.

Guest dog14787
What if Edwards doesn't throw that pick six and the Bills win the game, despite the poor running attack? Nobody here would be complaining about Jauron or his tactics after a win. You'd all be calling him a steady-headed logical head coach.

We can "what if" all day long, this whole problem started when we elected to keep the same pathetic offense and hire from within at the beginning of the season. I was way to quick to praise Turk Shonert, its not that I'm blaming him now, I still blame Fairchild for the offense we run regardless of how many revisons you do to upgrade it, its still as flawed as Fairchild's brain. Now we have a less experienced understudy trying to run the same garbage.

In case you didn't notice, we just lost 3 out of the last 4 and if it wasn't for TE's last minute heroics, we could be 3 and 5 right now. Do you want to tell me how Belicheat can take Cassell and win ball games and steadily improve mean while we steadily get worst, can you explain that? Or why the Pats can play mistake free football and we can't,

Its coaching, thats why. I was wrong about Bill belicheat, he's a great coach, wow, that really erks me to say.

I always look at the bright side, only problem is, I can't find one!!! :doh:

Well, Jabari Greer maybe,

Jabari, we need you man, you've got to fire this team up like you did last year, we're counting on you.

Always things that can happen better, they need to keep working at it, they think they have a good but but it didnt work....its the same crap every week. We need to keep working at it, we need to do this better, we need to do that better, we will get back to work and see where it goes.

HEY DJ, its week 10 in the NFL.....you shouldnt have to treat it as if its preseason. If you cant get a running game going now, you wont get it going all year!

But hey just keep working at it, maybe by the last week in the NFL we will have a 100 yard rusher to go along with yet another losing season!

Jauron on the OL: they need to keep working at it

Translation: our personnel sucks.

Careful now. Remember that whatever happens it is because the Bills are talent challenged.

You're not that far off..... the person who keeps posting about how great everyone else is and how bad we suck is eluding to this. References like Tom Brady and Peyton Manning and the Giants d is stupid because, let's face it, they're more talented. It's not better coaching. Sure our coaches have made some mistakes, but they aren't costing us games. Would I like to see us blitz more, sure!! But the minute we start blitzing more, they'll dump it off and we'll get torched....it's already beginning to happen.

And to the guy who said we blitzed MORE against Seattle, wrong again. Their O-line SUCKS so it just looked like we were blitzing more. We've stayed pretty consistent on a weekly basis in regards to number of blitzes per game. Remember, too, that whenever someone gets hurt, we have to rotate guys. Whitner gets rotated all the time, and there was a story about it. Well, you don't hear the stories of other guys getting rotated out or having to audible at the line out of a blitz package, etc.....

All these things contribut to the recent decline in productivity. Bottom line is our Head Coach has us at 5-3, tied for 1st in our division half way through the season. If this was posted in August, we'd all be begging for this to be true. Relax.......

You're not that far off..... the person who keeps posting about how great everyone else is and how bad we suck is eluding to this. References like Tom Brady and Peyton Manning and the Giants d is stupid because, let's face it, they're more talented. It's not better coaching. Sure our coaches have made some mistakes, but they aren't costing us games.

All these things contribut to the recent decline in productivity. Bottom line is our Head Coach has us at 5-3, tied for 1st in our division half way through the season. If this was posted in August, we'd all be begging for this to be true. Relax.......

Have you bothered watching the last few games? I'm asking in all seriousness, because frankly, it's a combination of coaching and personnel. 1-3 in the last four, two against division rivals, with one of those at home? Come now.

You can't say it's not the HC's fault. Because for the past three drafts and free agency periods when we've had options about who to get, it's been Dick Jauron leading the way. It's not out of the question to suspect this, because he had personnel control for a few seasons in Chicago. Is there anyone who thought that DJ didn't have major say on draft day when we have a DB shopping spree?

Either way, you cannot absolve DJ from this mess, whether it's just players or coaching. Something's got to give, and someone needs to take responsibility for an OL which hasn't successfully run blocked since DJ got here. We're seeing the penalty for throwing money at the OL in hopes of repairing it instead of drafting young talent. And we're seeing that devoting 7 picks in three drafts toward a secondary takes as much away from other areas of the team.

The Bills aren't cursed. They just haven't had a front office man who knows what he's doing since Butler. Not coincidentally, that's the last time we made the playoffs.

You're not that far off..... the person who keeps posting about how great everyone else is and how bad we suck is eluding to this. References like Tom Brady and Peyton Manning and the Giants d is stupid because, let's face it, they're more talented. It's not better coaching. Sure our coaches have made some mistakes, but they aren't costing us games. Would I like to see us blitz more, sure!! But the minute we start blitzing more, they'll dump it off and we'll get torched....it's already beginning to happen.

And to the guy who said we blitzed MORE against Seattle, wrong again. Their O-line SUCKS so it just looked like we were blitzing more. We've stayed pretty consistent on a weekly basis in regards to number of blitzes per game. Remember, too, that whenever someone gets hurt, we have to rotate guys. Whitner gets rotated all the time, and there was a story about it. Well, you don't hear the stories of other guys getting rotated out or having to audible at the line out of a blitz package, etc.....

Well, I was referring to the posts earlier this year about how this team was the very first team (well, maybe that 13-3 team counts, but I'm not sure) that Dick Jauron had ever coached that had any "real talent" and for that he deserved all the kudos for bringing that talent here.

Yes, there are plenty of people that are quite content, maybe even tickled pink, with posting .500 seasons +/- a game.

If we miss the playoffs, he SHOULD be fired! This problem has been evident all year and refuses to fix it. Time to send a message and bench a couple of the most egregious offenders (hint, C and RG).

No more talk; we need action.

Who do you plan to play in their places?

Fowler isn't the answer, and Preston hasn't impressed. Do you really want the 3rd string center (do we even have one?) playing?

Butler has a sprained knee. Whittle is very banged up, and is already a second stringer. Who's next, Marcus Stroud?

You can't bench your players when their understudies aren't as good or as experienced as they are.

no, that's not true - I would say the same thing as I did even when we started 4-0.......that we can't run the damn ball, and sooner or later it was gonna catch up to us.

The core problems: poor OL and DL play.....not addressed in the draft. It's plain as day.

Absolutely right. Can't run, can't stop the run or the pass.

I was referring more to "focus" issues like penalties, dropped balls, and yes, turnovers. As for getting plays in, it's tough to say what the hang up was- a head set malfunction, personnel mis-cues, wrong play called....

I guess we define player prep differently. To me, player prep includes game planning. If the player is unsure or confused of the game plan, then the player was not properly prepared to play that particular game.

But you're absolutely right, with regard to PLANNING prep, the jury is definitely still out on Jauron.

This statement I find absolutely unsettling. Jauron is in his 8th year as a HC. If the jury is still out on whether he can properly plan, then the Bills are in deep ka-ka, both now and in the near future.

Absolutely right. Can't run, can't stop the run or the pass.

2/3rds right

The Bills have been good against the run. 12th in the league against the run at 3.8 ypc which is 10th. 7th overall in yards. Our pass defense numbers statistically are good. I think that's a bit misleading because of the first few weeks.

1. We can't run the football. I don't know why. It's disgusting to watch, a line this big be so piss poor

2. We have no pass rush. We have no playmaking defensive players. No closing speed, no initial quickness. Stroud has been an improvement. Williams is well Kyle Williams. Lose stroud and this defense would seriously collapse. Containment sucks.

3. The Lb's are all average players, with no playmaking ability. Our secondary imho is not bad, when healthy. The probelm resides in the front 7. The worlds best secondary can't cover, when you hardly get pressure. The linebackers are uber stiff in coverage, and not all that fluid in space. It's not a coaching issue. It's a lack of talent issue. I've always been of the belief you can only coach up defensive players so much. A lot of defensive play is based so much, on athleticism, and talent, and persuit, then it is on technique, and scheme. It's not like offense, where it's more schematic based.

Offensive line play is a lot of technique, Where to place your hands, feet. Drop backs etc etc. Defensive line play in essence is simple. Jam up the oline, or kill the guy with the ball. Why you'll see the better defenses in the league, are teams where the front 7 are made up of higher ranked prospects. While good offensive lines around the league, can be a mix and match of mid-late rd picks.

Have you bothered watching the last few games? I'm asking in all seriousness, because frankly, it's a combination of coaching and personnel. 1-3 in the last four, two against division rivals, with one of those at home? Come now.

You can't say it's not the HC's fault. Because for the past three drafts and free agency periods when we've had options about who to get, it's been Dick Jauron leading the way. It's not out of the question to suspect this, because he had personnel control for a few seasons in Chicago. Is there anyone who thought that DJ didn't have major say on draft day when we have a DB shopping spree?

Either way, you cannot absolve DJ from this mess, whether it's just players or coaching. Something's got to give, and someone needs to take responsibility for an OL which hasn't successfully run blocked since DJ got here. We're seeing the penalty for throwing money at the OL in hopes of repairing it instead of drafting young talent. And we're seeing that devoting 7 picks in three drafts toward a secondary takes as much away from other areas of the team.

The Bills aren't cursed. They just haven't had a front office man who knows what he's doing since Butler. Not coincidentally, that's the last time we made the playoffs.

The last four posessions against Miami = Fumble, Safety, Interception, Fumble

Against NYJ- Interception, Turnover on Downs, and a Fumble (all within the 20 yard line at one end or another).

These are the plays that LOST us the games. Coaching has not lost us any games yet.

Basing a coach's competence by the way he addresses the media is ridiculous. In fact, the better coaches in the league are ALL bland say-nothings. I live in Philly and Andy Reid is constantly villified for saying those exact same nothings week in and week out but still has the highest winning percentage in the NFL. Ditto for Bellichick. Get over it. What do you want him to do, throw a few players or an asst. coach under the bus every week? Give nothing away, dont divide the team, keep it even keel...fine with me.

The last four posessions against Miami = Fumble, Safety, Interception, Fumble

Against NYJ- Interception, Turnover on Downs, and a Fumble (all within the 20 yard line at one end or another).

These are the plays that LOST us the games. Coaching has not lost us any games yet.

The world of coaching is a subtle one. Decisions made on the sidelines and in preparation of the game are paramount. You the fan see a fumble, interception, and of course touchdowns. But how did those things happen? Was it right to call multiple QB sneaks in the Miami game? No. Was it right to throw three passes out of the EZ in Miami? No. But you don't hesitate to blame the player. Unfortunately, DJ is outcoached more often than any of us could realize.

Versus NY, it really irritated me that Abram Elam knew what was coming on the INT for a TD. He even said so after the game. More interesting, just 10 days ago Tony Sparano, first year HC in Miami plain out-coached DJ despite a roster which isn't that great. If you want to see how to coach without having big talent, check out guys like Sparano. Miami's 4-4 with nothing in the secondary, nothing at WR, and Chad Pennington QB'ing them.

DJ is a smart man, but he lacks game savvy. He struggles to make hard decisions, and as others before me have mentioned, he is slow to recognize things. Case in point last season was the Dallas game, which was an absolute travesty. You may forget those things, but I refuse to.

His biggest flaw has and always will be a innate ability to select bad coordinators. Gary Crowton, John Shoop, Steve Fairchild, and now Perry Fewell. Oh, and his propensity to select DB's early and often.