Officially sick of Dick Jauron

That video of him speaking of the running game......UGLY! Just UGLY.

Always things that can happen better, they need to keep working at it, they think they have a good but but it didnt work....its the same crap every week. We need to keep working at it, we need to do this better, we need to do that better, we will get back to work and see where it goes.

The OL is in a rut, LOL, they just gotta keep working on it........

HEY DJ, its week 10 in the NFL.....you shouldnt have to treat it as if its preseason. If you cant get a running game going now, you wont get it going all year!

But hey just keep working at it, maybe by the last week in the NFL we will have a 100 yard rusher to go along with yet another losing season!

Enjoy your contract extension and thanks for nothing!

You already stopped being a fan and pledged your new found love for the Titans. So go there already and stop posting here.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You already stopped being a fan and pledged your new found love for the Titans. So go there already and stop posting here.

Eh...cut some slack. Everybody goes loony now and again, then comes back to (fan) normalcy.

From one of W. Somerset Maugham's many short stories...

"We are a haphazard bundle of inconsistent qualities. In books on logic they will tell you that it is absurd to say that yellow is tubular or gratitude heavier than air; but in that mixture of incongruities that make up the self may very well be a horse and cart and gratitude the middle of next week. I shrug my shoulders when people tell me that their first impressions of people are always right. I think they must have small insight or great vanity."

We are all pretty nutty. It just bubbles up at different times. Look at me - bubbly as they come. :thumbsup:

Dude... WTF???? Have you been in a coma the past 8 frickin years? This isn't a reaction to simply the Bills first 8 games this season. This is the past 8 years (and certainly the last 3 years) coming home to roost. Bandwagon my ass. we know what a Schitt sandwich when we see one.

When the Bills won their first 4, everyone was jacked up... finally we think we're on the right track. But there were many (myself included) that said.... wait a minute, 4-0 is great, but they really haven't played anyone or dominated... They are still a work in progress, but the signs were positive. We all expected the Bills to get a little bit better each week. But no one expected the team to do a 180 and totally go in the tank and to lose to the Dolphins.... getting torched for 315 yards by Pennington, or the Jets at home... and then soon to get whacked against the Pats... and then will get spanked by the Browns at home on national TV (Browns have 11 days to prepare for that game). So, after winning 4 in a row to begin the season, then lose 5 of their next 6, you're ok with that and don't think us fans should be ripping anyone and everyone in the Bills organization apart and/or jumping off a bandwagon?

How bout the Bills simply let us down big time? Instead of us jumping off the bandwagon, we got thown off the bandwagon and run over!!!!!!!!!!

Any criticism this organization gets is earned and weel deserved. They whiffed big time... on the GM... and the coach

So we've already lost to the 5-3 Patriots* (same record as us, with a worse starting quarterback) AND the Browns, who are in a shambles right now and have their own QB controversy on their hands?

I love how you say we won our first 4 games then lost 5 out of the next 6 as if it happened.

I really don't think enough fans realize how bad it is to miss the playoffs for eight consecutive seasons. Sure there were multiple GM's, but only Arizona and Detroit have joined us in not making the playoffs since the late nineties (I don't count the expansion Texans). That means 28 teams have gone into the postseason since we last did.

The salary cap was designed to make everyone equal, and give teams a chance to win every now and then. I don't care for that strategy, but it's been around since 1993. And most teams have had some measure of success. Except of course the Bills and Lions.

Ralph bought some time by hiring Marv. Now that Levy's retired again, this sort of talk will continue until another big move is made OR the team starts winning again. I don't see a big move coming, so winning is the only option.

DJ is reverting to his Chicago days and hiring bad coordinators (at least PF) and making bad gameday decisions, but I'm supposed to be optimistic?

Actually, im pretty sure the only thing I said about the Titans was that they have been healthy pretty much all year. Im pretty sure I never said I liked them.......but if you can prove me wrong by ALL MEANS do so......

And by the way.........I want DJ to call out his entire team, call out the men in the trenches. At this point it cant hurt. Show some feelings towards the team and the game. Let the big men know they are not performing well, threaten to make major changes if they dont play well. Make it an open audition for playing time......

Dont sit there week 10 of the NFL season and say we have to get better, we have to work harder, its there, but we need it to get better garbage.........MAKE IT HAPPEN! ITS WEEK 10!!!!!!!!!!!

I really don't think enough fans realize how bad it is to miss the playoffs for eight consecutive seasons. Sure there were multiple GM's, but only Arizona and Detroit have joined us in not making the playoffs since the late nineties (I don't count the expansion Texans). That means 28 teams have gone into the postseason since we last did.

The salary cap was designed to make everyone equal, and give teams a chance to win every now and then. I don't care for that strategy, but it's been around since 1993. And most teams have had some measure of success. Except of course the Bills and Lions.

Ralph bought some time by hiring Marv. Now that Levy's retired again, this sort of talk will continue until another big move is made OR the team starts winning again. I don't see a big move coming, so winning is the only option.

DJ is reverting to his Chicago days and hiring bad coordinators (at least PF) and making bad gameday decisions, but I'm supposed to be optimistic?

Uh pretty sure Jauron didn't hire Fewell, that was most likely Levy's decision right?

It should be obvious by now that Jauron has one speed with the media. It has yet to be shown that he conducts himself this way with his team behind closed doors. Methinks he's a different kinda guy because of the respect his players have for him.

Every team goes through slumps. Only Arizona truly BEAT the Bills, and that was due largely to FHOF quarterback playing a tremendous game. Costly turnovers, penalties, and mistakes cost us two games in a row. Lots of bounces have gone against us, and there's nothing anyone can do about that- it's an oddly shaped ball. You could say that players' mistakes are a coach's failure to properly prepare them, but we've learned that player preparation is the one area where Jauron truly DOES excel.

Fear not, marauder, after a win in Foxboro, you'll be back to loving Dick!

Thats interesting. Just recently, did we not hear a player state (to paraphrase) he felt he was NOT fully prepared?

Now, IMO, burning time outs to get plays in is NOT a sign of team that is prepared.

That video of him speaking of the running game......UGLY! Just UGLY.

Always things that can happen better, they need to keep working at it, they think they have a good but but it didnt work....its the same crap every week. We need to keep working at it, we need to do this better, we need to do that better, we will get back to work and see where it goes.

The OL is in a rut, LOL, they just gotta keep working on it........

HEY DJ, its week 10 in the NFL.....you shouldnt have to treat it as if its preseason. If you cant get a running game going now, you wont get it going all year!

But hey just keep working at it, maybe by the last week in the NFL we will have a 100 yard rusher to go along with yet another losing season!

Enjoy your contract extension and thanks for nothing!

the main thing with this team the last 4 weeks is injuries. everyone ill say you cant use injuries as an excuse. well maybe thats true with teams like NE but with young teams like us its a big deal because we simply cant replace 5 or 6 starters and still have the same results.

look @ SD they have great depth and they cannot get over their injuries same thing for the colts.

Thats interesting. Just recently, did we not hear a player state (to paraphrase) he felt he was NOT fully prepared?

Now, IMO, burning time outs to get plays in is NOT a sign of team that is prepared.

How many times did that happen this past week? Once or twice? Just wondering.

Can someone tell me exactly one thing jauron has done right???

His team sucks every year they have average talent, then they finally get an extremely talented team and get to 5-3, although its looking like we're headed way downhill.

Every time we play a halfway decent quarterback, said qb tears us apart, as we watch him do it in our soft coverage. Every game, our offense underachieves. He just stands there on the sidelines and never does anything.

If anyone here has watched the offenses of the Colts, Pats with brady, Giants, Broncos, Saints, Cowboys with romo, and eagles, they will see that such offenses actually attack the defenses. They actually call plays to move down the field instead of the same old "run into a brick wall play."

If anyone here has seen the defenses of the Redskins, Steelers, Titans, and Giants, they would see that these defenses actually tend to use more than one playcall. They also tend to use 5-6 man rushes to get to the qb. They also tend to stop teams like the !@#$ing jets and dolphins.

So, as you can see, coaching is a real big problem here in buffalo. Jauron sucks. So he can get a team past the seahawks and radiers, big !@#$ing deal. Wait till we get put up against the steelers in the playoffs, itll be a massacre if dick doesnt switch things around.

And, the most annoying part of all, is that when we do go outside of the normal conservative sh-- and actually venture into a decent playcall, we make our biggest plays(Greer INT TDs, Mitchell sacking Rivers, Whitner sacking Russell, etc). Unfortunately, Jauron seemingly likes the results of the plays that destroy us more than the plays that help us.

And, the most annoying part of all, is that when we do go outside of the normal conservative sh-- and actually venture into a decent playcall, we make our biggest plays(Greer INT TDs, Mitchell sacking Rivers, Whitner sacking Russell, etc). Unfortunately, Jauron seemingly likes the results of the plays that destroy us more than the plays that help us.

You just notice those plays because they end up with a good net result for the Bills. Let's say Jauron calls a run up the middle. If the blocking is shotty, youll call it a "running into a brick wall play", but if a few good blocks are made and Lynch busts up the middle for 20 yards, it was a genius play call! right?

You can't just look at the results of big plays/disastrous plays and attribute it all to playcalling. The onus is on the players on the field to DO something with the playcalling.

Conservative play is the right call a lot of the time. Yes, we all love to see the 80 yard bomb to Evans, but from a practical standpoint, a conservative balance of runs and throws helps both score and wear time off of the clock so that your team controls time of possession.

And we would all love to see more sacks, but it pisses me off when I hear "Why don't we blitz more!!!???"

Listen. If you blitz all the time, you are so much more susceptible to the big play.

Every time we play a halfway decent quarterback, said qb tears us apart, as we watch him do it in our soft coverage. Every game, our offense underachieves. He just stands there on the sidelines and never does anything.

The only quarterbacks that have "torns us up" so far are Warner and Pennington. In terms of the other good QBs we've faced, we beat Hasselbeck and Rivers soundly, and held Favre in check if you actually look at the stats.

You just notice those plays because they end up with a good net result for the Bills. Let's say Jauron calls a run up the middle. If the blocking is shotty, youll call it a "running into a brick wall play", but if a few good blocks are made and Lynch busts up the middle for 20 yards, it was a genius play call! right?

You can't just look at the results of big plays/disastrous plays and attribute it all to playcalling. The onus is on the players on the field to DO something with the playcalling.

Conservative play is the right call a lot of the time. Yes, we all love to see the 80 yard bomb to Evans, but from a practical standpoint, a conservative balance of runs and throws helps both score and wear time off of the clock so that your team controls time of possession.

And we would all love to see more sacks, but it pisses me off when I hear "Why don't we blitz more!!!???"

Listen. If you blitz all the time, you are so much more susceptible to the big play.

Is that you Dick???

You're completely wrong. I notice these plays all game long when i watch good teams, and thats my point. I watch Tom Brady sling it all over the field. I watch Peyton Manning's arm open up running lanes. I watch the Giants D sack the cowboys 4 times and cause 4 turnovers. I watch the steelers hold the redskins to 6 points with 7 sacks. I saw the Eagles wreck the steelers earlier in the year with 9 sacks. I saw Aaron Rodgers and now Peyton Manning lose due to the titans agressive scheme.

And, to refer to your "if you blitz all the time, you are so much more susceptible to the big play" comment, thats correct, but IRRELEVANT. If you never blitz, your guaranteed to give up about 9 small plays, which equal one big play. Just watch the Pennington and Favre game films buddy.

If I haven't already proved my point, do the steelers and titans and giants blitz more than any other teams in the league? I believe they do. I also believe that they are all near the top in the fewest points allowed category, so apparently they haven't been too worried about giving up the big play.

As everyone here is quick to point out, probably the team with the best big play ability of all time lost in the SB last year. They didn't lose because of any reason other than the defense they played against completely owning them, and just attacking brady all game long.

Football is not for conservative pussies. The best teams make plays to win the games, they dont watch the other team make their own small plays.

How can you defend conservativeness? Losing to the Jets and Dolphins isn't enough to pull you off the conservative bandwagon???

The only quarterbacks that have "torns us up" so far are Warner and Pennington. In terms of the other good QBs we've faced, we beat Hasselbeck and Rivers soundly, and held Favre in check if you actually look at the stats.

We beat Hasselbeck soundly, in a game where we played highly aggressive defense, so your point is invalid.

Rivers actually moved the ball down the field decently well against us, until we had our few turnovers at the end, caused by a veteran play and a blitz.

And I seem to remember a few Favre dink and dunk drives that we couldn't seem to stop.