Now it's ties to "Godless Americans"

PastaJoe

The already-contentious North Carolina Senate race took a brutal turn Wednesday after incumbent Sen. Elizabeth Dole released a television ad suggesting challenger Kay Hagan is "Godless."

“A leader of the Godless Americans PAC recently held a secret fundraiser for Kay Hagan,” the 30-second ad says before showing clips from members of the group declaring God and Jesus do not exist. “Godless Americans and Kay Hagan. She hid from cameras. Took godless money,” the ad's narrator also says. “What did Kay Hagan promise in return?” The ad ends with a female voice declaring, "There is no God." That quote is delivered by someone who sounds like Hagan, but those words have never been said by the candidate.

The Dole campaign says it's basing its charge on Hagan's attendance at a fundraiser that was in the home of an advisor to the Godless Americans’ political action committee, a group that promotes rights for atheists.

In a conference call with reporters Wednesday, Hagan said she has never heard of the Godless PAC and said the fundraiser in question had more than 40 hosts, including Sen. John Kerry. She also said she has contacted her lawyers to issue a cease-and-desist order on the commercial.

"I am absolutely appalled at Elizabeth Dole's vile tactics," Hagan said. “This is politics of the worst kind, and I know it has been rejected by North Carolinians at every level. It is so unbecoming of a woman like Elizabeth Dole. This is a fabricated, pathetic ad."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

Libs spend all day decrying the evangelicals in America, poking fun of religion at every turn, and trying to force any semblence of religion behind closed doors.

Yet when they get called on it, they get all pissy.

Curious.

Maybe Dole should have hung Kay Hagan in effigy. Ya know...as part of the campaign's "satirical" Halloween display outside Campaign Headquarters.

Libs spend all day decrying the evangelicals in America, poking fun of religion at every turn, and trying to force any semblence of religion behind closed doors.

Yet when they get called on it, they get all pissy.

Curious.

Maybe Dole should have hung Kay Hagan in effigy. Ya know...as part of the campaign's "satirical" Halloween display outside Campaign Headquarters.

what in the F does this have to do Mrs. Dole's campaign's creation of a fabricated ad against Kay Hagan? :lol:

what in the F does this have to do Mrs. Dole's campaign's creation of a fabricated ad against Kay Hagan? :lol:

You're not allowed to complain because lying to get elected is the American way. Only people on the receiving end of the lie are allowed to be mad, to the other side its OK, because you deserve it anyway.

USA! USA!! USA!!!

The already-contentious North Carolina Senate race took a brutal turn Wednesday after incumbent Sen. Elizabeth Dole released a television ad suggesting challenger Kay Hagan is "Godless."

“A leader of the Godless Americans PAC recently held a secret fundraiser for Kay Hagan,” the 30-second ad says before showing clips from members of the group declaring God and Jesus do not exist. “Godless Americans and Kay Hagan. She hid from cameras. Took godless money,” the ad's narrator also says. “What did Kay Hagan promise in return?” The ad ends with a female voice declaring, "There is no God." That quote is delivered by someone who sounds like Hagan, but those words have never been said by the candidate.

The Dole campaign says it's basing its charge on Hagan's attendance at a fundraiser that was in the home of an advisor to the Godless Americans’ political action committee, a group that promotes rights for atheists.

In a conference call with reporters Wednesday, Hagan said she has never heard of the Godless PAC and said the fundraiser in question had more than 40 hosts, including Sen. John Kerry. She also said she has contacted her lawyers to issue a cease-and-desist order on the commercial.

"I am absolutely appalled at Elizabeth Dole's vile tactics," Hagan said. “This is politics of the worst kind, and I know it has been rejected by North Carolinians at every level. It is so unbecoming of a woman like Elizabeth Dole. This is a fabricated, pathetic ad."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

This sounds like it should be in The Onion. :ph34r:

You can't take "godless money". The bills say, "In God We Trust" right on them. Godless money is worthless, and doesn't even exist.

I tried to buy lunch with some godless money yesterday. Cashier smote me with fire and brimstone. Damn pagan currency...

I tried to buy lunch with some godless money yesterday. Cashier smote me with fire and brimstone. Damn pagan currency...

Yet another plug for Norway, as the Norwegian krone has no religious nonsense on any of it's denominations. Less than 3% of Norwegians go to church and only a third believe in God (half believe in a spirit or life force, but not God, and almost 20% believe in none at all). Plus, their anscestors were norse pagans. You'd have no problem eating a godless lunch paid for with godless money surrounded by atheists.

Yet another plug for Norway, as the Norwegian krone has no religious nonsense on any of it's denominations. Less than 3% of Norwegians go to church and only a third believe in God (half believe in a spirit or life force, but not God, and almost 20% believe in none at all). Plus, their anscestors were norse pagans. You'd have no problem eating a godless lunch paid for with godless money surrounded by atheists.

But no angel food cake...

They name their money after ugly female jockeys?

If we live in a government that theoretically separates church from state, why should religion factor so heavily into campaigns? These "values voters" really piss me off. I read today that 53% of American voters would refuse to vote for an atheist candidate even if they thought he was the most qualified for the job. Disgusting.