For all of us "old timers" who hate Miami

No offense, but I hate that loser attitude. I'd rather get swept by Miami and the Pats every single year if it meant we went 12-4, let alone just Miami.

Win your games. I don't care who you play. Get into the playoffs, anything can happen. A loss to Miami is no different than a loss to the Jets or the Pats or the Cardinals or the Broncos or the 49ers or the Chiefs or the Bears or the Saints...

except that miami games count more in tie breakers..... so they do mean more. If you are swept by miami and ne, chances are you are not making it to the playoffs. if they can beat you twice in one season, they probably have a better record than you and are ahead of you in the division. Division games are important and are key to getting into the playoffs. right now anyone is the AFCE can get the titles. we have to keep the other 3 down.,

No offense, but I hate that loser attitude. I'd rather get swept by Miami and the Pats every single year if it meant we went 12-4, let alone just Miami.

Win your games. I don't care who you play. Get into the playoffs, anything can happen. A loss to Miami is no different than a loss to the Jets or the Pats or the Cardinals or the Broncos or the 49ers or the Chiefs or the Bears or the Saints...

its not a loser attitude. its an exaggeration/joke regarding how hateful a rivalry we have.

It is a classic rivalry with a great history that over the past few years has been slipping because of the below mediocre play of both teams. The first time I ever met Thurman Thomas about 15 years ago, someone asked something about setting records in the upcoming season and he stated something like "Just let me play against Miami every week." Kinda ironic seeing who he finished his career with, although I think that was just an attempt at getting back at the Bills for cutting him. I was also at the game in the early 80's when the Bills finally beat the Phins after about 10 years of losing to them-still have a piece of the field goal net from that game. Was also at the game the year before, when Tom Dempsey missed a last second field goal, that looked good from the side of the field where we were at. After that game, all you heard in the parking lot was chants of "goodbye peg leg." Go Bills!!!!!!

When was this ever a great rivalry? Maybe before my time.

My football "life" commenced around 1986 or so. Since then, I've recalled some great Bills' wins over Miami and some memorable players on both sides (Marino, Cox, Kelly and co.), but we dominated pretty consistently through the late 80's and 90's.

I just can't get myself to think about the Dolphins enough to hate them. Just another division opponent...

Started watching the bills in '87. I have hated miami ever since them. With the patsies* recent illegally-aided success*, i have come to hate them slightly more than the phelons, but i do not hate the dolfags any less. losing them makes my blood boil.

When was this ever a great rivalry? Maybe before my time.

My football "life" commenced around 1986 or so. Since then, I've recalled some great Bills' wins over Miami and some memorable players on both sides (Marino, Cox, Kelly and co.), but we dominated pretty consistently through the late 80's and 90's.

I just can't get myself to think about the Dolphins enough to hate them. Just another division opponent...

Kelly vs Marino vs Bruce

Levy vs Shula and his "legacy"

the 80s and 90s was the PEAK of the rivalry

Kelly vs Marino vs Bruce

Levy vs Shula and his "legacy"

the 80s and 90s was the PEAK of the rivalry

The genesis of the hatred from the Buffalo side was "Oh-for-the-70's"

So sorry - I've been living in TX way too long. I forgot the rules.

:lol:

haha forgiven. I find that the further away you travel from Buffalo, the longer the name for wings is. In Buffalo, it's just wings. A little further away, you start hearing about "chicken wings". Further out, they are "Buffalo wings." Further still, they are "Buffalo style chicken wings." Disgusting.

And outside Buffalo, people don't seem to understand that pizza and wings are meant to go together.