Jim Kelly on Mike & Mike

WWVaBeach

Here's my take on how the conversation will flow:

Golic: "Hey Greeny, your Jets are going up to Buffalo this Sunday whatta ya think?"

Greeny: "You know Golic, the Jets are a big market team and with Favre, I think the J-E-T-S win up their easily...but the Jets better pack their parkas!"

Golic: "We've got Jim Kelly here...Jim, how long do the Bills have left in Buffalo?"

Here's my take on how the conversation will flow:

Golic: "Hey Greeny, your Jets are going up to Buffalo this Sunday whatta ya think?"

Greeny: "You know Golic, the Jets are a big market team and with Favre, I think the J-E-T-S win up their easily...but the Jets better pack their parkas!"

Golic: "We've got Jim Kelly here...Jim, how long do the Bills have left in Buffalo?"

Obviously you don't listen to the show. They're gonna suck up to JK, talk about how great the bills are playing, talk about what a bright future this team has. And if Kelly says the bills are a legit contender this year, they will both nod in agreement. Then on friday they'll say that if chad pennington could throw for 300 on us Favre will thorw for 600, the bills were exposed last week, jets win outright.

Obviously you don't listen to the show. They're gonna suck up to JK, talk about how great the bills are playing, talk about what a bright future this team has. And if Kelly says the bills are a legit contender this year, they will both nod in agreement. Then on friday they'll say that if chad pennington could throw for 300 on us Favre will thorw for 600, the bills were exposed last week, jets win outright.

see below

Didn't really talk about Bills/Jests. Talked more about the QB class of 83 and the great competition between them. Also talked about the Bills/Phins old rivalry...how J Robbie stadium was known by the Bills players as Rich Stadium South. Then talked about Hunter's Hope and standardizing from state to state infant testing.

How'd I do?

Didn't really talk about Bills/Jests. Talked more about the QB class of 83 and the great competition between them. Also talked about the Bills/Phins old rivalry...how J Robbie stadium was known by the Bills players as Rich Stadium South. Then talked about Hunter's Hope and standardizing from state to state infant testing.

How'd I do?

Not bad. Kelly also made a point to say that we were missing Brad Butler, one of our best players on offense (his words) which caused all of the pressure on Trent Edwards.

How'd I do?

The Rich Stadium South comment was much more biting.

Jim was mentioning home field advantage and how Buffalo and Elway in Denver really wanted it in the playoffs, when he said the Bills didn't care if they played in Miami because they just destroyed them every time they played there. Then he said they used to call it Rich Stadium South.

It was quite the Miami smackdown. :devil:

He also was on Sirius this morning. Apparently there was a Hunter's Hope function in NYC.

On Sirius, he spoke about the following:

1. Most of the interview was about testing for childhood diseases. Jim has been lobbying for the states to increase the number of diseases that are tested at birth and spoke about how many lives can be saved each year. He was about as passionate and eloguent as I have heard him.

2. Peter King mentioned that getting Tasker into the HOF was one of King's pet projects over the years. They talked about the impact that Tasker had on the outcome of games and that he would have been one of the best wide outs in the league if he had played that position full time.

3. They talked about how important it is to win the next two games - both against division opponents.

4. Jim really likes Trent Edwards. He likes the way he goes through his progressions. He believes that Trent has proved that his arm is strong enough for Buffalo. He would like to see the line give him better protection and Trent step up in the pocket and throw the ball away to avoid getting hit.

5. Jim talked about how important it is to keep the Bills in Buffalo. He mentioned how he has spoken to Ralph about this and plans on speaking to him again after the season. He says that Ralph would like to keep the Bills in Buffalo. He also reiterated that he has the people who are willing to "step up to the plate" to keep the Bills in Buffalo.

2. Peter King mentioned that getting Tasker into the HOF was one of King's pet projects over the years. They talked about the impact that Tasker had on the outcome of games and that he would have been one of the best wide outs in the league if he had played that position full time.

Interesting. King is a heavyweight with the HOF voters and if he's behind a guy, that's usually good news. (So, we like King this week? :devil: )

For years, he was blamed down here in DC for keeping Art Monk OUT of the Hall. King's premise was that Gary Clark was the more feared and effective receiver...whatever.

Now he was on ESPN 1st Take.

This time he called Butler the best Offensive lineman on the team.

Said that he is a season ticket holder with 28 tickets that he has had (and pays for) since he played in Buffalo.

Said Buffalo has the best fans in the league.

Finally, my favorite, when asked what offense he would like to run in todays NFL he said, "probably the Patriots*, but I wouldn't want to play for Bill Belicheck, that's for sure." Unfortunately, the interviewer did not ask him a follow up question about that. His second choice was the Colts offense.

Edit: I just continued listening and the interviewer did ask why not Belicheck. Kelly said "I don't really want to go there but I never really cared for him. Then he followed it up by saying once you play for the best, Marv Levy, you don't want any other coach."

He clearly has no respect for Belicheck, very interesting...

4. Jim really likes Trent Edwards. He likes the way he goes through his progressions. He believes that Trent has proved that his arm is strong enough for Buffalo. He would like to see the line give him better protection and Trent step up in the

pocket and throw the ball away to avoid getting hit.

:( I would have liked to see Kelly do this once, too.

Finally, my favorite, when asked what offense he would like to run in todays NFL he said, "probably the Patriots*, but I wouldn't want to play for Bill Belicheck, that's for sure." Unfortunately, the interviewer did not ask him a follow up question about that. His second choice was the Colts offense.

Edit: I just continued listening and the interviewer did ask why not Belicheck. Kelly said "I don't really weant to go there but I never really cared for him. Then he followed it up by saying once you play for the best, Marv Levy, you don't want any other coach."

AWESOME! :lol: That's the Jimbo I love.

He clearly has no respect for Belicheck, very interesting...

Nice, I guess we can add him to the list:

People Who Respect Belichick

- Moron Patriots Fans

- Bill Belichick

People Who Don't

- Jim Kelly *new addition

- The rest of the free world

This time he called Butler the best Offensive lineman on the team.

Wow - that's a pretty strong statement. I'm sure he meant it more as a compliment to Butler than an indictment of the rest of the OL too.

:lol: I would have liked to see Kelly do this once, too.

AWESOME! :lol: That's the Jimbo I love.

Nice, I guess we can add him to the list:

People Who Respect Belichick

- Moron Patriots Fans

- Bill Belichick

People Who Don't

- Jim Kelly *new addition

- The rest of the free world

:(