How To Beat The Jets

Our front 4 is not getting in there. If Farve is on, it won't matter if there is double coverage on every receiver; he can get the ball there. What is the point of Whitner standing 40 yards down the field? Yesterday, the corners were giving up 12 - 15 yard outs, and Whitner was behind them.

The Jets OL is just OK, and Favre is old. If Whitner is as good as many believe, it is time to get him in the game and maybe he can take it to a higher level. He needs to make more plays, and this would seem like a way to get our #8 draft selection in a position to help us win.

Just thinking out loud. :wallbash:

Play the same defense we did vs. the chargers. Don't have 4 turnovers. Give Marshawn the ball 20+ times NO MATTER WHAT.

You got that right. And like played against Seattle, Oakland, Jacksonville, and St. Louis. If Brett is feeling the heat of the blitz, he's prone to duck 'n chuck giving us a great chance for a pick.

How did we go from thining on this board that we were real deep at DB with McKelvin and Reggie Corner as depth to all of a sudden haveing to use a banged up McGee and place Whitner at nickel? Has Reggie and Leodis looked that bad in practice? Are we that screwed with Youboty out and McGee not 100% that we need to play the most vanillia defense ever?

Our front 4 is not getting in there. If Farve is on, it won't matter if there is double coverage on every receiver; he can get the ball there. What is the point of Whitner standing 40 yards down the field? Yesterday, the corners were giving up 12 - 15 yard outs, and Whitner was behind them.

The Jets OL is just OK, and Favre is old. If Whitner is as good as many believe, it is time to get him in the game and maybe he can take it to a higher level. He needs to make more plays, and this would seem like a way to get our #8 draft selection in a position to help us win.

Just thinking out loud. :wallbash:

Then someone is going to have to convice Fewell to blitz more than 2 times a game.

How did we go from thining on this board that we were real deep at DB with McKelvin and Reggie Corner as depth to all of a sudden haveing to use a banged up McGee and place Whitner at nickel? Has Reggie and Leodis looked that bad in practice? Are we that screwed with Youboty out and McGee not 100% that we need to play the most vanillia defense ever?

Well, playing nickel is nothing new for Whitner, as he has done it often, in his time here. But, I agree that, if McGee was as limited as he seemed, Sunday, that McKelvin should have started at CB. He got picked on, the week before, but mostly held up OK, I thought. Another week of practice should have only helped him.

Then someone is going to have to convince Fewell to blitz more than 2 times a game.

Shouldn't be too hard, I hope. In the 5 wins we blitzed a lot. In the 2 losses, not very much. Shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

It does bother me though that against 2 guys, Warner and Pennington, who you would think would be susceptible to the blitz, we didn't use it. Baffles me as to why this is happening.

To my way of thinking, if we had played the scheme of defense we did against Seattle and San Dieg against St. Louis and Miami, we might be 7-0 or at the very least 6-1.

GO Bills !!

Our blitzing is most effective when we use Mitchell and Poz.

But we're going to need Youboty and McGee healthy to do it.

You are absolutely right. That's the thing. Our walking wounded are forcing the coaches to use bandaid formations and tactics. It's not that we are getting more conservative, it's that we are trying to stop the bleeding. Look at the injuries we have as of today. Half our starters are out, or unable to play at 100%. Whitner is playing three positions because we would be giving up 40 points (mostly through the air) if he was in the box on every play.

I just hope the Bills win enough during this stretch and get healthy for the playoff run in December.

Just thinking out loud. :P

I'd applaud this move, partly because he is too slow to cover, so might as well try to blitz. SOMEBODY better be blitzing Farve. That idiot Fewell has cost us two games by playing soft coverages.

It really is amazing how many teams win when they're aggressive on defense and force the opposition to make plays under pressure. I thought Fewell made a good adjustment in the SD game by blitzing Poz & Mitchell and he forced Rivers into a couple of fumbles.

But the disturbing trend over the last 3 games has been not to blitz....didn't against Arizona or Miami and he waited until the 4th quarter against San Diego. This defense is good, but it's good because of the aggressive nature. They don't have enough playmakers to play a conservative defense.

some run blocking would be nice. no dropped balls would work. :P

Yeah, but it's not really necessary. Just give Marshawn the ball 20 plus times, as was mentioned earlier. Maybe he and Roethlisberger can heal up together @ the same hospital from the beatings they take, or they can end up spending time together @ the same rehab due to their addiction to painkillers.

Is this a must-win game? I'm starting to think it is. Lose and we'll be tied with the Jets and they'll have the tiebreaker advantage, and then we have to go play in NE. Win and we can still afford to lose against the Pats. If we lose on Sunday we're in serious trouble.

I see where you are going with this. It is obviously a very big game. The win against SD afforded us the possibility of losing to the dolphins without being in a criis mode. A win here and we could lose to the patsies and still be 6-3, which is not half bad.

I see where you are going with this. It is obviously a very big game. The win against SD afforded us the possibility of losing to the dolphins without being in a criis mode. A win here and we could lose to the patsies and still be 6-3, which is not half bad.

True, we'd still be in decent shape for a playoff spot, but you'd still have this situation though:

6-3 (Half Good)

0-2 in AFC East (Half Bad)

It really is amazing how many teams win when they're aggressive on defense and force the opposition to make plays under pressure. I thought Fewell made a good adjustment in the SD game by blitzing Poz & Mitchell and he forced Rivers into a couple of fumbles.

But the disturbing trend over the last 3 games has been not to blitz....didn't against Arizona or Miami and he waited until the 4th quarter against San Diego. This defense is good, but it's good because of the aggressive nature. They don't have enough playmakers to play a conservative defense.

You and me are singing form the same hymnal on this one my brother. It seems painfully obvious. I'd even go so far as to say if we play soft conservative defense on Sunday we lose. If we play aggressive blitz/fake blitz defense, we win.

We ain't the '07 Giants who could put a lot of pressure on with only the front 4. But we've proven 5 times we can make the blitz work.

Bring the Blitz.

GO Bills

You and me are singing form the same hymnal on this one my brother. It seems painfully obvious. I'd even go so far as to say if we play soft conservative defense on Sunday we lose. If we play aggressive blitz/fake blitz defense, we win.

We ain't the '07 Giants who could put a lot of pressure on with only the front 4. But we've proven 5 times we can make the blitz work.

Bring the Blitz.

GO Bills

As I've posted elsewhere, it seems to me they bring less pressure, and react more, on the road. Not sure why they do that but it's driving me insane. Road games are tough, and they're much tougher if you let the home team dictate the tempo from the opening snap. It's a major weakness in Jauron's otherwise impressive coaching style if you ask me.