How To Beat The Jets

I'm all for bringing the blitz, but like it's been said, you need to have the personnel healthy to bring the blitz. Otherwise, Favre drops 3 steps and Cotchery's on his way to the end zone. If we have rookie corners (McKelvin or Corner) in the game again this week, I don't see us blitzing Whitner at all. I see more blitzs from Scott or whoever is playing SS, with Whitner at the nickle again.

On a tangent, whats going on with Youboty & McGee? I haven't seen any articles this week on their progress. Did anyone comment on McGee not being 100% last week after the game? I really thought that it would be one of the big stories seeing as how he gave up 175 yds to Ginn and this week, he'll be going up against Coles or Cotchery, who are having great years.

I'm all for bringing the blitz, but like it's been said, you need to have the personnel healthy to bring the blitz.

True, but you have to wonder if we might have that personnel sitting on the bench, only Jauron is just too cautious to recognize or want to use it. I keep thinking of Greer and Jackson riding the bench last year behind Jason Webster and Anthony Thomas. Why must it take IR to force him to open up a bit? People around here are fond of saying, "well, the coaches see these guys every day in practice, so they know best", but I'm not so sure. I understand playing the odds, but nothing ventured nothing gained.

I still don't understand why if they were going to keep Mcgee in there last week, why didn't they put Greer man to man on Ginn? They then use using Simpson as the nickel (like they did in the end last week) and give Scoot the chance to blitz.