Defend these players to me

Virgil

Royal is our worst player, but McKelvin does really need to stop returning kicks. That's not something that you gradually get better at, its something you normally have your fastest rookie or second year player do because they're fast and it comes naturally. Clearly he is an awful KR, so put someone else back there.

As far as calling him a DB bust, I agree, that is ridiculous.

I couldnt have said it any better..The day is coming when they will play the rookie...I still dont know why Youboty was scratched..Was he injured?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills went away from their draft plan under Levy of going with safe, intelligent, character guys....and went after athleticism. It is now biting them in the a$$ because of injuries to guys like McGee, Reed, Schobel, etc. As a whole, this group of rookies has been a non-starter. It doesn't mean they won't improve with time....but I do agree that I would have expected much more from a #11 pick with world class speed than what we have seen.

I agree with you on the new draft strategy. We draft hoods that can't speak-have one at RB too. if this strategy continues-it won't be good.

Royal is our worst player, but McKelvin does really need to stop returning kicks. That's not something that you gradually get better at, its something you normally have your fastest rookie or second year player do because they're fast and it comes naturally. Clearly he is an awful KR, so put someone else back there.

He averaged almost 20 yards a return.... thats not bad

So is calling him an 'awful KR'. He averaged over 20 yards per return today with a long of 31, and they kicked short a couple of times.

So is calling him an 'awful KR'. He averaged over 20 yards per return today with a long of 31, and they kicked short a couple of times.

Come on. He's mediocre at best. Certainly not something that I want back there. I want whomever will give me the best chance to win. That's McGee or Jackson or Parrish. I'm not afraid to say I don't think McKelvin was cut out for the pace of the NFL Kick returns. It's not that he hasn't broken one. It's that he hasn't looked once like he was going to.

Verdict may still be out for some of you, but kick returning is not exactly an art you perfect with practice. Its a natural skill you inherit. We drafted him as a defensive back who COULD be a possibly great KR. Well...He's not, move on.

Come on. He's mediocre at best. Certainly not something that I want back there. I want whomever will give me the best chance to win. That's McGee or Jackson or Parrish. I'm not afraid to say I don't think McKelvin was cut out for the pace of the NFL Kick returns. It's not that he hasn't broken one. It's that he hasn't looked once like he was going to.

Verdict may still be out for some of you, but kick returning is not exactly an art you perfect with practice. Its a natural skill you inherit. We drafted him as a defensive back who COULD be a possibly great KR. Well...He's not, move on.

He may not be McGee caliber yet but McKelvin has the speed and sight to be a real factor at this position for awhile. I mean, we've seen the same games, but I just disagree. He's looked good enough to me and I feel that he can be successful in the future. As for his CB skills, let's hope he improves, but he looked decent enough against the Chargers that I 'm not upset by any means. Besides, I trust the Bills's FO when it comes to DB's.

Royal can go :thumbsup: himself, I've never liked him, and unless he does a 180, I never will.

Royal really is miserable. The guys got no moves whatsoever, fumbles all the time and has terrible footwork, as anyone who remembers that tennessee game from a year or so ago.

Mckelvin will get better but I do think hes aweful at the kick return, get mccgee back that, please anyone but mckelvin. Everytime he touches the damn ball I feel like hes going to fumble.

I think it's kind of ridiculous to pass judgment on a rookie like McKelvin at this point, but I must say that he simply doesn't look very fast (or perhaps very explosive, a different but equally important thing) to me. When McGee started, the quickness/explosiveness was self-evident despite the occasional blown coverages. That's a concern.

I agree with you on the new draft strategy. We draft hoods that can't speak-have one at RB too. if this strategy continues-it won't be good.

Yeah? How do you explain the Giants winning the Super Bowl? I would not exactly call guys like Plaxico Burress and Ahmed Bradshaw model citizens

If we have a team of all Chris Kelsays and Jason Whittles, we will lose.

Royal: everyone knows he probably one of the better blocking TEs in the league. That is a fact. But the guy wears cement gloves to every game, and seems to make one fumble/dropped pass a game. It is absurd. I hope this is his last year here, or at least his last year as a starter. I'd love for him to be our #2, but no more.

The McKelvin stuff here is kinda ridiculous. Everybody loved McKelvin on this board during preseason in the KR game. He had IT. How many TDs could he have put in if he didn't get tripped up by the last guy? He played great his first couple of games at KR. Now he's playing DB, and I'm sure he's spending less of his time focusing, concentrating, and practicing with special teams. This is probably the problem. The explosiveness factor: he isn't hitting the holes like he did his first few games, and I think good coaching will point that out on tape. It might be smart to scale the rookie back and let our other good KR take over. His CB skills will get better with time. You can't call out a rookie 7 games in to the season. That's rediculous. At least let the kid have 16 games and another offseason before the pitchforks come out.

Tell me why these players deserve to be on this team.

Royal - The man makes maybe one good play once every 5 games, but disappears for every other game. Then, he always finds a way to make that big drop, penalty, or fumble. I'm still mad at him for missing the touchdown pass against the Titans a fews years back.

McKelvin - The only saving grace he gets is because he is a rookie. However, DB is probably one of the quickest transition from college to the NFL. The coaches would rather have McGee come back early from injury than let McKelvin start again. He got absolutely abused last week against the Chargers and hasn't done a thing on Kick Returns. As of right now, he is an absolute bust.

I really want to hear someone defend these two, especially Royal

I hate how Mckelvin gets up after an average kick return and acts like he just missed breaking a long one.......like dude wake the :sick: up you just ran out of bounds.

• 4 weeks later...

nice foresight here. put it in your memory bank not to make stupid assumptions/predictions after a player has only played 6-7 games...