seems no one likes hardy

mead107

not getting it ?

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+W...ceast102508.htm

I say he will be very good when we get to the playoffs .

That wasn't as harsh I was expecting- if he needs time to get better, so be it. Reed is playing well right now, so Hardy's absence isn't a huge detriment at this point. Come playoffs, if the Bills get there (/KNOCKING ON EVERY PIECE OF WOOD IN SIGHT), you'd have to think he'd have become a factor, even in short yardage, at that point. Can't wait forever, but the team can be patient for the time being.

That wasn't as harsh I was expecting- if he needs time to get better, so be it. Reed is playing well right now, so Hardy's absence isn't a huge detriment at this point. Come playoffs, if the Bills get there (/KNOCKING ON EVERY PIECE OF WOOD IN SIGHT), you'd have to think he'd have become a factor, even in short yardage, at that point. Can't wait forever, but the team can be patient for the time being.

Receivers have a big learning curve, 6 games is not enough - let's give him some time. They are already using him as a decoy in goal line plays.

not getting it ?

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+W...ceast102508.htm

I say he will be very good when we get to the playoffs .

and you are basing that on what?

unfortunately I agree with that assessment of Hardy...When the Bills drafted him I was concerned he was too big to play WR in the NFL and possibly not fast enough and after watching him play the little that he has my concerns havent changed. He doesnt look smooth running routes and has really only made one play in 6 games. The way he runs looks more like a TE then a WR.

I preferred Limas Sweed at that point in the draft and it looks like he'll finally get some playing time tomorrow so we'll get to see what he can do. I remember reading some positive feedback on him during the preseason.

unfortunately I agree with that assessment of Hardy...When the Bills drafted him I was concerned he was too big to play WR in the NFL and possibly not fast enough and after watching him play the little that he has my concerns havent changed. He doesnt look smooth running routes and has really only made one play in 7 games. The way he runs looks more like a TE then a WR.

I preferred Limas Sweed at that point in the draft and it looks like he'll finally get some playing time tomorrow so we'll get to see what he can do. I remember reading some positive feedback on him during the preseason.

Sweed has done even less than Hardy. Last weekend was his first real NFL game, as he was inactive the first 5 games. And looking at Plaxico Burress' (whose size is similar) career, it took him a year to start to get it.

Sweed has done even less than Hardy. Last weekend was his first real NFL game, as he was inactive the first 5 games. And looking at Plaxico Burress' career, it took him a year to start to get it.

yes, like i said we are finally going to get to see what Sweed can do

Sweed being inactive probably has more to due with Pitt having 3 good receivers in Ward, Holmes and Washington and not Sweed himself....with Holmes now out it appears Sweed will finally get some playing time

unfortunately I agree with that assessment of Hardy...When the Bills drafted him I was concerned he was too big to play WR in the NFL and possibly not fast enough and after watching him play the little that he has my concerns havent changed. He doesnt look smooth running routes and has really only made one play in 6 games. The way he runs looks more like a TE then a WR.

Unfortunately Hardy has also not seen the field much except for the Arizona and Oakland game, when they went to him early and he dropped quite a few. He is going to learn by playing, not sitting and watching. At this point we need a second receiving threat that can score TDs...Josh Reed has not been that. The closest is Roscoe Parrish. Unfortunately you cannot use Roscoe in the middle of the end zone (nor even throw into the endzone).

Good teams have a good 2nd WR that can score TDs....The Bills better find one fast.

A few years?

Yep ...... I think the accepted average is about year three a WR normally comes into his own and you know what you've got.

As a side note, I was living in the bay area Jerry Rice's rookie season, he stunk it up so bad at first he was seriously thinking of quiting. When he called his father to say he didn't think he could cut it his father said something to the effect of quit your whining, do what the coaches tell you, and if you're not good enough they'll cut you, if they see promise they'll let you hang around. (I seem to recollect he did in fact "hang around" a while and did have a little success in this league).

I too am not impressed with Hardy at this point ...... but I'm not the guy he needs to impress, if the coaches see some promise maybe they'll let him stick around too.

A few years?

yes..the average time it takes a WR to get adjusted to NFL speed and have all the tangibles down like route running and reading defenses is about 2 - 3 years...I have no written proof on that, its just the given norm

You guys are ridiculous.

In the beginning of the season it was well known around here, and everywhere, that it would probably take Hardy at least a year in order to grasp the playbook and NFL talent and speed. Now, 6 weeks later, you're mad he hasn't broken out yet.

Last time I checked, a year was more than 6 weeks.

The article totally forgets the winning TD he caught against Jags wherein his size was important against a physical Jags secondary. Without Hardy we could have very well lost that game. That was an early important win for us so in that sense I'd say he's already meaningfully contributed.

i could be mistaken but wasnt the big issue with Moulds maturity and not his talent or ability to play the position

if a guy can contribute and the team has a need then he will play. Look at Greg Jennings in Green Bay playing in a west coast offense early in his career

the fact is no one is asking Hardy to be Randy Moss during his rookie year, we would just like to see him contribute because the offense could use him. I would love to see him use his size and catch some first downs

Wait, so you're saying you have a negative opinion about something having to do with the Bills?

Weird.

......I preferred Limas Sweed at that point in the draft and it looks like he'll finally get some playing time tomorrow so we'll get to see what he can do. I remember reading some positive feedback on him during the preseason.

Won't be long to wait now.....only another 2 to 3 seasons or so & we'll most likely have a good idea about which(if any) WRs panned out from the 2008 draft.

Won't be long to wait now.....only another 2 to 3 seasons or so & we'll most likely have a good idea about which(if any) WRs panned out from the 2008 draft.

is there a point in there some where? was anyone saying we'll know anything tomorrow

what was said was Sweed will finally get some playing time tomorrow and Im looking forward to seeing what he can do