seems no one likes hardy

mead107

is there a point in there some where? was anyone saying we'll know anything tomorrow

what was said was Sweed will finally get some playing time tomorrow and Im looking forward to seeing what he can do

Good, so if he gets 100 yards and 2 TD's tomorrow, you won't be saying he was the better receiver, right?

is there a point in there some where? was anyone saying we'll know anything tomorrow

what was said was Sweed will finally get some playing time tomorrow and Im looking forward to seeing what he can do

Sorry.....I deleted the start your post which said.....

.....unfortunately I agree with that assessment of Hardy...When the Bills drafted him I was concerned he was too big to play WR in the NFL and possibly not fast enough and after watching him play the little that he has my concerns havent changed........

Sounded to me like you were making an assessment well before its time.

Good, so if he gets 100 yards and 2 TD's tomorrow, you won't be saying he was the better receiver, right?

I hope he doesnt have 100 yards and 2 TDs because that would probably mean Nate Washington who I picked up as a bye week replacement didnt do much

Sorry.....I deleted the start your post which said.....

Sounded to me like you were making an assessment well before its time.

are you referring to me agreeing with the article or my concerns about Hardy coming out of college?

the article basically says Hardy hasnt done much which I agree with, he has made one play although it was a big play in 6 games...i think its safe to say we were all hoping for a little more ( dont read in to that we were expecting Randy Moss, just contributions )

having concerns about a player is clearly not the same as thinking he is a bust

are you referring to me agreeing with the article or my concerns about Hardy coming out of college?

the article basically says Hardy hasnt done much which I agree with, he has made one play although it was a big play in 6 games...i think its safe to say we were all hoping for a little more ( dont read in to that we were expecting Randy Moss, just contributions )

having concerns about a player is clearly not the same as thinking he is a bust

Fair enough.

I guess my expectations of rookie WRs(and rookies in general) tends to be a lot less than most. To me, saying a rookie WR is not performing is actually the expectation.

i could be mistaken but wasnt the big issue with Moulds maturity and not his talent or ability to play the position

if a guy can contribute and the team has a need then he will play. Look at Greg Jennings in Green Bay playing in a west coast offense early in his career

the fact is no one is asking Hardy to be Randy Moss during his rookie year, we would just like to see him contribute because the offense could use him. I would love to see him use his size and catch some first downs

You're mistaken, at least in your over oversimplification of where Moulds was in his first years. Maturity? That is likely to apply to both. Inability to run PRO routes, both again. Moulds ran by his college opponents. Hardy used his size.

Again, Hardy needs some experience, as did Moulds, before any book on him can be written.

Ideally, Hardy would have come ready to go, but that clearly wasn't the case (to this point anyway).

I have a hard time with this "wait 2-3 years for a wr to develop" when I see Eddie Royal and D. Jackson from the Eagles absolutely tearing it up. I mean what gives with those two??

I think 2-3 years is an average. That means some will produce sooner, some later. A lot of it is based on what team takes them. Royal and Jackson had early opportunities to start. That certainly helps a WR "come into their own".

Bottom line, guys come along at different speeds. There are hundreds of examples of guys who stunk it up their first couple of years in the league, only to become great WR's.

I'm not projecting this for Hardy, but I agree that we should wait another year or two before predicting this guy's future in the league. I think that's fair........