Players Suspended for Doping (Rumor)

JimBob2232

I preface this with saying I DO NOT KNOW if this is true, but a respected and well known poster on another board I frequent says that FOX Radio in Denver reported a list of players to be suspended, and that that list includes Donte Whitner....

Deuce McAllister (NO)

Will Smith (NO)

Donte Whitner (BUF)

Leon Washington (NYJ)

Warrick Dunn (TB)

Jason Ferguson (MIA)

Eddie Royal (DEN)

Ben Utecht (CIN)

Malcolm Floyd (SD)

Dawan Landry (BAL)

Cornelius Griffen (WAS)

Dont shoot the messanger if this is wrong...just putting it out there.

BIG loss if true...

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BS, I have scoured everywhere and that list is not reliable.

I preface this with saying I DO NOT KNOW if this is true, but a respected and well known poster on another board I frequent says that FOX Radio in Denver reported a list of players to be suspended, and that that list includes Donte Whitner....

Deuce McAllister (NO)

Will Smith (NO)

Donte Whitner (BUF)

Leon Washington (NYJ)

Warrick Dunn (TB)

Jason Ferguson (MIA)

Eddie Royal (DEN)

Ben Utecht (CIN)

Malcolm Floyd (SD)

Dawan Landry (BAL)

Cornelius Griffen (WAS)

Dont shoot the messanger if this is wrong...just putting it out there.

BIG loss if true...

BS, I have scoured everywhere and that list is not reliable.

I hope you are right...

....But I suspect otherwise...

Dunn Suprises me as well. Makes me think these guys got caught up in something akin to eating a poppy seed bagel before a drug test.

But regardless...we will see shortly.

I hope you are right...

....But I suspect otherwise...

Dunn Suprises me as well. Makes me think these guys got caught up in something akin to eating a poppy seed bagel before a drug test.

But regardless...we will see shortly.

If it's someone on another board, can you please provide a link then?

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...howtopic=435108

To answer my own question, here you go. If you also watch Clayton's video referred to in that post he says the number is 18 in total and that "there are some other big names" on it, so this might be true. If so, that will really suck, but at least it's not Stroud on the list, who'd have to serve a year off. I would still be very disappointed in Donte if this turns out to be true, since it's not like he's a big guy who needed to lose the weight from a diuretic.....

Last thoughts on this--I take back what I said above. Whitner's a bit of a chunky guy, so he may in fact have taken this to lose weight. Donte's shown too much character to date to not be given the benefit of the doubt on this by fans.

Still, anyone else wonder if the recent secondary reshufflings (putting Scott in Donte's old spot) might be the result of the coaching staff preparing for a few games without Mr. Whitner? Let's just hope that Ko, Ashton and Terrence are all healthy if and when Donte serves his 4 games......

Everyone on that list is a starter and a key contributor to their respective team. You would think that a list of all the players who are guilty of taking the "water pill" would include some no namers and third stringers. It looks to me like that list could very well be made up, at leats that's what I hope. Whitner would be a big loss especially with all of our divisional games imminent.

one thing I don't understand and maybe someone can explain it...

Other than the fact that Bumetanide could be a masking agent, why are simple 'water pills' banned? Releasing excess water that the body retains doesn't sound very much like a performance enhancer, but I'm no pharmacist.

I think that's the key.

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...howtopic=435108

To answer my own question, here you go. If you also watch Clayton's video referred to in that post he says the number is 18 in total and that "there are some other big names" on it, so this might be true. If so, that will really suck, but at least it's not Stroud on the list, who'd have to serve a year off. I would still be very disappointed in Donte if this turns out to be true, since it's not like he's a big guy who needed to lose the weight from a diuretic.....

This is not about simply about weight loss. Diuretics are taken to flush other drugs out of the system in an attempt to mask steroid use.

This is not about simply about weight loss. Diuretics are can be taken to flush other drugs out of the system in an attempt to mask steroid use.

Fixed. It is crazy to think that everybody who uses diuretics does it to mask/flush other drugs. But, they are on the list of what is prohibited, so either way, they are a no-no. But, IMO, they should not be.

To be fair to McAllister, if he took steroids/HGH to heal more effectively after tearing up both knees, from his perspective a four game suspension is less serious than a shot career.

One quick note about HGH: Pettite took it to help his injured elbow heal. If it can work as a medicine/healing agent, why is always bad?