Did anyone notice #21 giving up on that ..

Greybeard

I was at the game and saw it in person. It didn't bother me at all. No way was he going to catch that guy and I was thinking at the time "c'mon Willis, don't pull a hamstring". It looks bad that he gave up but I really didn't care about the play.

I was at the game and saw it in person.  It didn't bother me at all.  No way was he going to catch that guy and I was thinking at the time "c'mon Willis, don't pull a hamstring".  It looks bad that he gave up but I really didn't care about the play.

83617[/snapback]

It didn't look like he was gonna catch the guy but the defender (Demps?) ran out of gas. At least Moulds hustled.

Yeah, I noticed he stopped running though I think he was out of gas. My question is why, after 80 yards, there were only 2 Bills on my TV screen? Where was our speedster Evans, who was right next to the DB who caught the ball? I'll not rip into WM for being one of the few Bills who actually made an effort to make a tackle.

Yeah, I noticed he stopped running though I think he was out of gas.  My question is why, after 80 yards, there were only 2 Bills on my TV screen?  Where was our speedster Evans, who was right next to the DB who caught the ball?  I'll not rip into WM for being one of the few Bills who actually made an effort to make a tackle.

83716[/snapback]

Teflon Willis! He gave up just like Peerless did, but you are ok with it. Unbelievable. Had Henry done the same thing, you guys would have been constructing a cross to crucify him on.

Teflon Willis!  He gave up just like Peerless did, but you are ok with it.  Unbelievable.  Had Henry done the same thing, you guys would have been constructing a cross to crucify him on.

83731[/snapback]

Why are you not ripping the other 9 guys on the O who didn't even try as much as Willis? I'm not giving him a free pass, he should have kept running...but at the same time he did a better job than 9 other guys on that O.

Why are you not ripping the other 9 guys on the O who didn't even try as much as Willis?  I'm not giving him a free pass, he should have kept running...but at the same time he did a better job than 9 other guys on that O.

83736[/snapback]

Well lets see, by logic, there are at least 5 maybe 6 fat guys who wont make it into the picture even if they are running, that leaves 5 (or 6) of which i saw moulds, and evan, figure the other ones get blocked. two blocks is believable and willis who just gives up......just stopped running and watched...and it was caught on camera as clear as day. don't know about everyone else, didn't see them, saw willis clearly.

Guest MDBILLSFAN

I have seen much worse from Defensive Players who get paid to run down and tackle. I never have seen a RB benched because he didn't make a Tackle. How many time does he practice tackling at practice. What about Drew when they knocked the ball out of his hands? Everyone jumped on it except him, he just stood there trying to move his concrete shoes....

Guest Hammerton
Why are you not ripping the other 9 guys on the O who didn't even try as much as Willis?  I'm not giving him a free pass, he should have kept running...but at the same time he did a better job than 9 other guys on that O.

83736[/snapback]

Let's keep in mind that a safety was the one who caught and ran with the ball, and take a look at who else was out there: Five of those nine are 300 lb. offensive linemen, and it's a good rule of thumb to expect a safety to be quicker on his feet than a guard, tackle, or center. The sixth is Drew Bledsoe, and his foot speed is legendary. The tight end Campbell was probably out there, and he's not fast enough either. The only people with any prayer of catching him are the wide receivers and the running back, and that's with the wall of blockers he had following him.