Did anyone notice #21 giving up on that ..

Greybeard

Up until that point, Willis had been in almost exclusively on offense in place of Travis the last several series. Immediately after that, Travis was back in for the rest of the game (which was short). Either Willis totally ran out of gas or maybe slightly pulled a muscle, and the coaches decided to keep him out, or the coaches saw it and sat him as a minor statement he needs to not give up. He definitely gave up.

HE was running full speed, looked to his right and saw he was in line to be buried by a full speed raven if he stayed on the path he was running. I think in that instant his knee exploding flashed in his head and he pulled up. I would have done the same thing and was glad he did.

I pointed it out right when it happened on the Bills-Ravens game thread. If it was Travis, this board would have c-r-a-s-h-e-d, regardless if he had a real chance to catch him or if he was about to get clobbered by a Ravens blocker. Hell, some people here would have ripped Travis if he tore his achilles and quit running.

The bottom line is, Willis didn't come back into the game after that play. I was worried that he did get hurt. Even when we went with a two-back set after that play, it was Henry and Burns, so I was concerned Willis suffered an injury on that play and that's why we pulled up. I'm assuming he's OK though, and that he will get 25 carries in our win over Arizona on Sunday.

Guest BackInDaDay

Whatever his reason, he quit on the play.

In the 'me first' reality of pro sports, this doesn't surprise me.

Amazing how low we set the bar for today's players.