Aaron Schobel

Bills pass rush better without Schobel?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Bills pass rush better without Schobel?

• Yes
    • No

If you don't think OC don't gameplan for Aaron, you're crazy.

I know OC's gameplan for Schobel. I'm just throwing the stats out there. The game vs the Cards, our defense had 0 sacks, 0 fumbles and 0 INT's. The game vs the Bolts, we had 1 sack, 1 INT's and 2 fumbles. So far, in 5 games played, Schobel has 1 sack. Those are the stats. Whether it's injuries that hindering Schobel, Perry Fewell's play calling, or if Schobel is on the decline, something is going on for him to have such a big decline?

I have a feeling that the foot injury may have had something to do with his less that stellar performance in earlier games this year. Hopefully resting it two full weeks will have him ready to roll on Sunday. He's had some career games going after Pennington.

I hope you're right. I do like Schobel, but I am a harsh critic considering the big paycheck he is receiving. Let's all hope the foot injury is the problem, and he'll be more productive when his foot is better.

I'm no Schobel flunky, but we did not play the same defensively against both teams. Much more blitzing yesterday (IMO).

Ditto this. Schobel's foot could explain the obvious drop off in his play, but we blitzed the hell out SD yesterday, including a couple 'Creeps'.

I have a feeling that the foot injury may have had something to do with his less that stellar performance in earlier games this year. Hopefully resting it two full weeks will have him ready to roll on Sunday. He's had some career games going after Pennington.

Exactly, I hope they don't put him back out there until he's 100%.

I don't think OC's are losing sleep worrying about the Schobel pass rush.

Actually, Schobel made the pro bowl because of the opposing coaches who all said he was the guy they game plan for when they face Buffalo. There was a segment on ESPN about it last year when he was selected.

Part of the reason his stats may not be as high is probably because they are game planning for him as I seriously doubt they fear the other end of the line.

Comparing the stats from the AZ game is also a bad example, I mean our defensive scheme was awful and we just let Warner throw quick wide open slants all day. You are not going to sack a QB, even one as slow as Warner, when you dont blitz and leave quick short throws wide open all day allowing him to dump the ball so fast.

Actually, Schobel made the pro bowl because of the opposing coaches who all said he was the guy they game plan for when they face Buffalo. There was a segment on ESPN about it last year when he was selected.

Part of the reason his stats may not be as high is probably because they are game planning for him as I seriously doubt they fear the other end of the line.

Comparing the stats from the AZ game is also a bad example, I mean our defensive scheme was awful and we just let Warner throw quick wide open slants all day. You are not going to sack a QB, even one as slow as Warner, when you dont blitz and leave quick short throws wide open all day allowing him to dump the ball so fast.

I forgot to add, a foot injury for a pass rushing DE is a big deal. Watch their feet, lots of pressure on plants and spins. If you dont have the pop in that leg you are going to have a hard time getting passed that O-lineman. He is a finesse rusher and that foot injury I suspect is slowing him down. Its a really hard position to play when anything on your legs isnt 100% since you need speed and leverage, both of which are hampered by foot or leg injuries.

I forgot to add, a foot injury for a pass rushing DE is a big deal. Watch their feet, lots of pressure on plants and spins. If you dont have the pop in that leg you are going to have a hard time getting passed that O-lineman. He is a finesse rusher and that foot injury I suspect is slowing him down. Its a really hard position to play when anything on your legs isnt 100% since you need speed and leverage, both of which are hampered by foot or leg injuries.

You're right. I think they should sit out Schobel until his foot is 100%, otherwise he will continue to be ineffective and hurt our chances on defense.

This topic was beat up really good after the Cards game, but since Schobel was out, our defensive front caused 2 fumbles and a sack and also helped in an INT, compared to no QB sacks, fumbles or INT's vs the Cards. Thoughts?

I don't believe that a hobbled Aaron Schobel helps us out on the field. He has no burst and little push. Sure he doesn't get suckered into draws and screens, but that is only because he is not able to rush up field effectively.

Put someone healthy out there with a high motor who can play with dicipline against the run, and let Aaron heal for the playoff run later in the season.

Just MOHO.

Only in Buffalo do peopel whine about a 2 time pro bowl defensive end. I'm sure AS made those pro bowls because of the media monster that Buffalo is, how successful the team is, and Schobel's great and charming personality. :wallbash:

This topic was beat up really good after the Cards game, but since Schobel was out, our defensive front caused 2 fumbles and a sack and also helped in an INT, compared to no QB sacks, fumbles or INT's vs the Cards. Thoughts?

Good point.

Just think what we would have done if a healthy Aaron Schobel was playing too! :wallbash: