NFL is ruthless...

Big Turk

Damn...talk about ruthless...they cut the guy right after the game, and likely gave him a bus ticket home...

Thanks for coming to training camp and being part of the team...nice knowing ya...

yeah..and the equipment manager got fired as well..between the 2 of them they cost NO the game.

I'm surprised the Vikings punter didn't get canned at halftime.

what did he do that was so bad?? I saw his only attempted punt of the day was blocked and returned for a TD, but that was only 1 play..plenty of kickers have had kicks blocked and not gotten cut...

what did he do that was so bad?? I saw his only attempted punt of the day was blocked and returned for a TD, but that was only 1 play..plenty of kickers have had kicks blocked and not gotten cut...

First he whiffed, then he fires right into the defenders gut....

This was after the coach ripped him in the Saints game postgame press conference for kicking to Bush when he was instructed not to....

Of course Childress deserves the boot as much as anyone.

First he whiffed, then he fires right into the defenders gut....

This was after the coach ripped him in the Saints game postgame press conference for kicking to Bush when he was instructed not to....

Of course Childress deserves the boot as much as anyone.

After the Saints/Vikes game, a lot of the players rallied around the punter and critisized what Childress said to the press, especially after Childress brought in other punters to "audition" for a spot - like they had any intention of signing them.

If they cut the punter, I think the coach loses control of the team.

Not unusual at all. Two weeks ago another punter had a very horrible day and was fired right after the game. I can't think of what team he was on at the mo.

Was that the Aussie Jets punter? Then his replacement was signed, got injured and he was re-signed. Then he was cut again for another punter?

Lot's of punters cut this year during the season. Seattle's punter got the ax right after the Bills game, now he's kicking in Washington. That's only because the 'Skins drafted a guy in the 6th round and he stunk the first six weeks so they just put him on IR (just as an excuse to get rid of him). Yeah it's ruthless and Buffalo is so fortunate to have a great punter.