NFL Network

BillsNYC

As much as everyone liked JP Losman as our starting QB, and as a Buffalonian, it was clear by about his third start, that Trent Edwards was already a better QB on the field (which is what really counts isn't it?) than JP had been. To continue to cling to this notion that JP "never got a fair shot" is absurd. He was handed the starting job in favor of Bledose, and never played consitantly enough to give anyone who mattered (ie: coaches and GM) that he was the long term answer to the Bills QB woes. Edwards came in, and while he wasn't spectacular, showed that the game isn't as hard to play for some guys, as it is for others...I guess that is what they call "it"...kinda of fun to see all the "mea culpa's" around here about this situation...but there are still some holdouts. Great win today, what we saw of it!

:angry:

and people lambasted Bledsoe for being angry for losing his job to Losman. Guess he knew something the coaches didn't.

:angry:

and people lambasted Bledsoe for being angry for losing his job to Losman. Guess he knew something the coaches didn't.

Of course he did, and this is NOT a "JP sucks" post. Remember, Bledsoe went on to have a fairly good season at Dallas after he was released, and both of his OTs were injured. True, he was beaten up and wasn't the answer here nor there, but JP would have done well to sit another year and try to learn the game.

Bledsoe was cut because of the loss to Pitt. in the final game because TD was pissed and embarrassed about losing to his alma-mater, not because JP was this juggernaut who was going to tear up the NFL.

Drew was not the best ever, and again, he was all beaten up when he arrived in town, let alone while he was here. That said, he provided a better chance (however slim) at winning a football game than did Losman.

Of course he did, and this is NOT a "JP sucks" post. Remember, Bledsoe went on to have a fairly good season at Dallas after he was released, and both of his OTs were injured. True, he was beaten up and wasn't the answer here nor there, but JP would have done well to sit another year and try to learn the game.

Bledsoe was cut because of the loss to Pitt. in the final game because TD was pissed and embarrassed about losing to his alma-mater, not because JP was this juggernaut who was going to tear up the NFL.

Drew was not the best ever, and again, he was all beaten up when he arrived in town, let alone while he was here. That said, he provided a better chance (however slim) at winning a football game than did Losman.

The comment by DF06 is something that I have always remembered and I think got missed (certainly forgotton) by most people. Bledsoe was obviously not happy about the events that transpired - but I will never forget a comment he made when he left where he was upset/incredulous not only for being passed over - by also for who he was being passed over for. I can't remember it exactly, but it was along the lines of "It's bad enough they're getting rid of me, but then they're replacing me with *him*?!?!?" kind of quote.

You know what, the problem is much worse than that. IMO it has NOTHING to do with being fans of a player. It has EVERYTHING to do about being able to prove that your point, whatever it was was right. If a person stated that JP was great, then to support that and look smart, they will argue every way they can to prove themselves right and cheer for the other guy to look terrible, (and likely lose the game) just to make their position look better and prove themselves correct. Conversely, if you're one that says JP sucked you'll argue every way and cheer for him to do bad again to prove you're smarter than everyone esle around here.

That's the problem with the internet, (and society in general) everyone needs to prove they are the smartest person! The internet and hiding behind a handle allows that behavior to increase by a factor of 10.

One of these days, you're read about a murder someplace cause someone dished somebody on a message board and they hunted them down. It's just a matter of time.

Without the murder part, that was pretty much my point. Edwards might have had a better shot at the starting job (it seems to be point of contention on here that JP may not have had a fair shot), but it really doesn't matter. Edwards just is better. There really shouldn't be any more discussion, but I'll bet there's another thread comparing the two by next Sunday night.

That isn't what's happening here...what's happening is a bunch on numbnuts trying so hard to flex their e-penis about being right about Edwards (who btw is proving to be an incredible QB) have to take the time out of their miserable lives to sh-- on a guy who embraced the city, tried hard but couldn't get the job done as a QB. What I don't get is why there is so much vitriol towards JP? Did he f#ck all of your sisters and claim he was the greatest QB in the world?!? No. He just wanted to get out there and win games for "fans" like you who wanted to see the Bills do well.

Instead of enjoying the fact that we might finally have a franchise QB, these f#cktards just have to drag poor JP into this. I've never seen so many posts after a Bills win where he didn't factor at all yet his name keeps coming up.

Let the guy play out his contract and let him go elsewhere. It's obvious a certain faction of fans just hate the guy for hates sake so let him go somewhere were he can eke out a living.

Amen.

4-0 with Edwards.

Schobel says the biggest difference this year is one word, Edwards. That was 3 weeks ago.

Edwards goes down 2 weeks ago and the team falls apart.

Edwards returns and the team rebounds.

In my opinion, as much as I like JP, the team doesn't want to rally around him, he may be a cancer. Great guy to have in the lineup, but may be hurting more than helping.

You are right. That guy is a waste of life.

if i worked with any of you lossman supporters you would NEVER hear the end of it

i would constantly make comments, i would put my wang in your coffee, i would wipe my stink knot with the napkins on your desk. i would log into your computer and delete emails. i would get drunk and accidentally slap you really hard on the back while you sip a beer from a big pint glass and make you chip a tooth.

i would do all those things and be totally justified because you were a fake azz fan and fell in love with the fattest ugliest girl of a qb ever.

if i worked with any of you lossman supporters you would NEVER hear the end of it

i would constantly make comments, i would put my wang in your coffee, i would wipe my stink knot with the napkins on your desk. i would log into your computer and delete emails. i would get drunk and accidentally slap you really hard on the back while you sip a beer from a big pint glass and make you chip a tooth.

i would do all those things and be totally justified because you were a fake azz fan and fell in love with the fattest ugliest girl of a qb ever.

:worthy::wallbash: