Bills [won] the Bye Week

Dan

They are losing, while not even playing? :)

I blame JP, and JP!

I can't believe JP keeps getting beat by that wildcat! Trade him for a loaf of bread now!

But, yeah, in my mind... if the Jets, Fins, and Pats* all lose today, the Bills gain a win on all 3 without having to do anything. They all have 2 loses, we have 1. It'd be great to for them to all have 3 going into next week. So, if they all lose - we win.

Houston just ran a punt back; 14-13 now.

It would be great to see the Dolphins, Jets, and Pats* lose today. Perhaps alot to ask for. But as of now, the Jets and Fins are taking care of easy teams.

fins and bretts could win, but i see bolts bouncing back at home and beating patsies. id take that as patsies are our biggest threat in the division ... we need them to suffer more losses now to start a crisis of confidence there. if they get some confidence in cassell there still formidable

fins and bretts could win, but i see bolts bouncing back at home and beating patsies. id take that as patsies are our biggest threat in the division ... we need them to suffer more losses now to start a crisis of confidence there. if they get some confidence in cassell there still formidable

I'd agree. But, the fins and Jets aren't looking any where near as bad as I keep hoping they will. Granted they're playing bad teams the last couple of weeks. We could be in a really tight division if all 3 win today.

Hopefully, Brett will put up a few TDs (for my fantasy team) and the Jets will still lose (for the Bills).

The Jets are up by 3 at halftime.

The trio of Enberg, Cross & Fouts continue to service the Jets & Favre. They are so blind to everything else they continually questioned why there was no official review after Cincy passed for a 1st down, the receiver catches the ball, has contact with the defender, knee hits, ball comes out after knee hits & the trio is complaining it's an incomplete pass & they are shocked there's no replay. I'm surprised the trio wasn't chanting J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets along with Fireman Ed. Maybe they turned the mikes down so we couldn't hear them.

The Jets are up by 3 at halftime.

The trio of Enberg, Cross & Fouts continue to service the Jets & Favre. They are so blind to everything else they continually questioned why there was no official review after Cincy passed for a 1st down, the receiver catches the ball, has contact with the defender, knee hits, ball comes out after knee hits & the trio is complaining it's an incomplete pass & they are shocked there's no replay. I'm surprised the trio wasn't chanting J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets along with Fireman Ed. Maybe they turned the mikes down so we couldn't hear them.

Cross and Fouts same broadcast??/ yikes

Anyone see that grab by Andre Johnson? Unreal. My question is why the hell didn't he run when he got up. The defender did not touch him when he was on the ground.

Refs thought he was down and blew the play dead. Great catch.

Houston seems to have pulled this win off, barring a "homerun throwback" type play. Fourth and goal, and Schaub runs it in on a QB draw...and as happy as I am about that, I can't understand how Miami didn't see that coming. Fourth and goal, 7 seconds left...even I saw the draw play coming. Not that I'm complaining, mind you... :)

Houston seems to have pulled this win off, barring a "homerun throwback" type play. Fourth and goal, and Schaub runs it in on a QB draw...and as happy as I am about that, I can't understand how Miami didn't see that coming. Fourth and goal, 7 seconds left...even I saw the draw play coming. Not that I'm complaining, mind you... :)

Perhaps because Houston had no timeouts left and didn't think they'd call a run of any kind with 7 seconds left?

I was calling for a draw or QB draw on 3rd down, but when Miami had nobody....and I mean nobody....in the middle of the field, the call seemed to be a no-brainer.

Let's hope Jags beat Denver too ... would help us and I just don't like Denver, Shanahan and Cutler anyway.

Exactly. Knocks Denver down a game, plus gives us a tougher strength of schedule.

Exactly. Knocks Denver down a game, plus gives us a tougher strength of schedule.

well we play denver in week 16 so it's not relevant from strengtjh of schedule. but in a potential head to head tie breaker with either team we already have ther advantage over jags, so it would be good if we can get ahead of denver outright. plus as i say i really do not like denver

Refs thought he was down and blew the play dead. Great catch.

I was calling for a draw to Slaton & was surprised to see them go empty backfield (which is frequently an obvious QB draw for mobile QB's...didn't think Schaub would do it).

And yeah, Andre Johnson is a stud.

well we play denver in week 16 so it's not relevant from strengtjh of schedule. but in a potential head to head tie breaker with either team we already have ther advantage over jags, so it would be good if we can get ahead of denver outright. plus as i say i really do not like denver

Point made. Point accepted. I'd like to see Denver lose too.

Taken like a man Dan. Rare indeed in this day and age of fragile Internet egos.

:thumbsup:

There does seem to be alot of people that have a hard time admitting they were wrong. No worries with me.

I'm just more happy that the Bills have, indeed, won the bye week. :beer:

There does seem to be alot of people that have a hard time admitting they were wrong. No worries with me.

I'm just more happy that the Bills have, indeed, won the bye week. :thumbsup:

In a no lose bye week, the Bills have gained ground.

In a no lose bye week, the Bills have gained ground.

Exactly. Gotta love it. We're now all alone in first place and even have a game to give - in mid October no less. I think I'll head on over to nfl.com just to see the division standings. :thumbsup: