Upon further review

and...Wow...the game would have been entirely different if, on the defensive series after the losman to evans bomb, either 1. youboty makes a pretty easy interception or 2. ryan denney stops hightower in the backfield (as he easily should have) on a third down play. AZ was really not looking good until hightower made that play. an interception or three and out changes the whole complexion of the game.

the defense, quite simply, did not give the team a chance to win.

i know this is several days late, but i usually have to download the games. the advantage is that i have complete control and can watch several plays over and over. one other conclusion: Adrian Wilson deserves a beat down somewhat for edwards, but more so for ripping off lynch's helmet.

and...Wow...the game would have been entirely different if, on the defensive series after the losman to evans bomb, either 1. youboty makes a pretty easy interception or 2. ryan denney stops hightower in the backfield (as he easily should have) on a third down play. AZ was really not looking good until hightower made that play. an interception or three and out changes the whole complexion of the game.

i know this is several days late, but i usually have to download the games. the advantage is that i have complete control and can watch several plays over and over. one other conclusion: Adrian Wilson deserves a beat down somewhat for edwards, but more so for ripping off lynch's helmet.

Where in Taiwan do you live?

I agree. There were several points in the game where one play could have made a difference. In the last 3 games when down by 1-2 scores, we came up with the big play at the right time that switched the momentum and eventually, after a few more key plays we were able to win.

All day at AZ we were unable to come up with a play when we needed it on O/D/ST and in the process gift wrapped a few plays that did us in. We were sloppy, had key penalties, couldn't get off the field (D)/stay on the field (O), and turned the ball over.

In short, we looked alot like last year. That sh-- doesn't win games, and I didn't enjoy remembering those feelings.....

We've looked better than last year, and made the plays we needed to win, for 80% of our games. That's a number we can build on, and I am satisfied with. It should get us to the playoffs.

Realistically, we need a little more time to develop into a true contender (I think). But we're on the right track, and recent powerhouse-teams are fading.

Now if we can beat SD, will all be forgiven??? After a bad loss, 2 weeks to regroup/plan, back at home, and hopefully with #5 back, we better look like we're hungry.

Yeah, I remember that play with Lynch. Adrian Wilson ripped off his helmet while making the tackle and then some other dude kicked Marshawn in the head while he was down (not 100% sure this was on purpose), and not a single personal foul was called. Combine that with the hit on Trent, and I think it's safe to say Wilson played a very dirty game. The refs should have used their flags more on these illegal hits and less on the ridiculous amount of offsides they called on both teams.

Yeah, I remember that play with Lynch. Adrian Wilson ripped off his helmet while making the tackle and then some other dude kicked Marshawn in the head while he was down (not 100% sure this was on purpose), and not a single personal foul was called. Combine that with the hit on Trent, and I think it's safe to say Wilson played a very dirty game. The refs should have used their flags more on these illegal hits and less on the ridiculous amount of offsides they called on both teams.

Wilson leads the league in personal fouls this decade ...

One of my biggest pet peeves is when interceptions are dropped. They are GAME CHANGERS and to blow those chances just KILLS. But I understand how it happens. The defender may be focusing his attention more on the receiver and not on the ball, but it's SOOO frustrating to see those chances dropped.

I live in Taoyuan City. About 45 minutes from Taipei.

Nice place so I have heard. Only got to visit Taipei once.

And I agree that complexion of the game could have been changed by a few plays. They appeared to be recovering in 1st half but the losses built up and they lost it in 2nd.

Perhaps referees with an IQ higher than 12 would have been able to do that. This crew was as dumb as they come.

Perhaps referees with an IQ higher than 12 would have been able to do that. This crew was as dumb as they come.

it was one of those games where there were the refs seemed to decide that AZ would have to be pretty blatant to be penalized. the refs seemed to get caught up in the atmosphere of the stadium. it wasn't as bad as any given patriots game last year, but it wasn't good. still there was no doubt that jenkins, in what will hopefully be his stupidest play of the year, lined up offside on a 4th&2 chip shot field goal.

Thanks for this post, billsintaiwan. I wasn't torn up over this loss, even right after watching it, and it's nice to see there are more fans around who aren't ready to announce the sky is falling. We can acknowledge the team isn't perfect and has things to work on without throwing the baby out with the bath.

Of course, that's not the traditional mindset of the "Buffalo Fan" so I realize we're in the minority.

Anyway, good job! :devil:

I live in Taoyuan City. About 45 minutes from Taipei.

Hi Billsintaiwan, I live in Bangkok, I think we're the only two on this board in SE. Asia You gotta stay up and watch the games and experience a sleepy headed Monday. A couple of weeks ago I almost fell asleep giving my kids a test.

I have a couple of questions for you: are you downloading it from a torrent? and if so can you tell me which ones?

How is the internet there, here it is soooo slow!~!! I couldn't even see anything on the Justin TV feed last week. A few week ago there was a feed that you needed a pass word for (2278) and that worked good. Wish I could remember what it was.

Hi Billsintaiwan, I live in Bangkok, I think we're the only two on this board in SE. Asia You gotta stay up and watch the games and experience a sleepy headed Monday. A couple of weeks ago I almost fell asleep giving my kids a test.

I have a couple of questions for you: are you downloading it from a torrent? and if so can you tell me which ones?

How is the internet there, here it is soooo slow!~!! I couldn't even see anything on the Justin TV feed last week. A few week ago there was a feed that you needed a pass word for (2278) and that worked good. Wish I could remember what it was.

hey man, what i usually do is listen to the games while lapsing in and out of sleep and then download a torrent within a day or so after. the site i use is http://leech.tenyardtorrents.com/search.php you will have to upload a reasonable amount (0.3 ratio) to maintain access. there are some great classics on there too, but they aren't seeded particularly well.

the internet here is pretty good, but i hate looking for video feeds at one in the morning and prefer watching the game when i have plenty of time to go through it. also with downloads you don't have to deal with all the bloody commercials. there is one guy who does a good job and is pretty prompt. he puts the games up in HD, which is cool. one problem might be the size of the download which has been anywhere from 2.8 to 3.5 GB. I have an old Mac mini, so storage and speed are issues.

I used to live in Taipei for a while. I hated watching espn there. NBA love fest, voiced over Sunday Night Football and monday night football. terrible.

they don't have any football at all anymore. they do love the NBA and, more importantly, the Yankees. they broadcast every yanks game and, thanks to the magic of the SAP button, one doesn't have to listen to the voiced over broadcast. though, truth be told, i sometimes listen to the mandarin broadcast when ken singleton and al leiter get the call.

The play on Lynch should have been called....He was being gang tackled by 3 guys...then Wilson comes in as Lynch is being driven down, gets his hands inside Lynchs helmet and viciously rips it off....i couldnt believe there was no flag on it....

One of my biggest pet peeves is when interceptions are dropped. They are GAME CHANGERS and to blow those chances just KILLS. But I understand how it happens. The defender may be focusing his attention more on the receiver and not on the ball, but it's SOOO frustrating to see those chances dropped.

I remember when McGee dropped a sitter near mid field against Dallas last year in the dying moments of the 4th qtr. If McGee gets that INT, it is 6 pts and game was over.

that game was lost mainly due to Buffalos inability to stop Warner and the Cards on 3rd and 4th downs...Buffalo ranked 1st in the NFL on 3rd down stops and then went straight to last place with the Cards game...JP wasnt great but he didnt lose the game either...well not till the 2nd half when Buffalo had to throw every play to come back...anyways, I dont wanna make this another JP thread...my point is I dont think 1 play would have done much with the way Buffalo's defense couldnt stop the 3rd downs.