At the end of the day...the bills did what I thought they

4-1

If you would have told me that would have been our record going into the bye at the beginning of the season I would gladly take it.

Lets keep in mind a couple of things:

- Our line has not played together for very long. I really expect them to get better as the season goes along. With that I think our running game will improve over time as well.

- Edwards might have been knocked out of this game....but we HAVE found our QB

- Our number 1 receiver is locked up for the forseeable futre

- In this past game we were pretty nicked up....Schrobel is hurt, Stroud is hurt, Mgee out, our dynamic punt returner out, Hardy still learning the offense, etc etc

Yet we are still 4-1 and things are still looking good.

Yesterday, nothing went right for us, period. That's all I'm gonna say about the game.

After 5 games last year, we were 1-4. So, I'm much happier being 4-1. I feel we have a better team this year, and ultimately will go at least 11-5 and make it to the playoffs. This team is young, and they're gonna make mistakes. But we're going in the right direction, and I still think we're gonna have a good season. Let's just hope we get some players back for the Chargers game, and the whole team wakes up from this weekends loss and bounces back hard in 2 weeks.

Yesterday, nothing went right for us, period. That's all I'm gonna say about the game.

After 5 games last year, we were 1-4. So, I'm much happier being 4-1. I feel we have a better team this year, and ultimately will go at least 11-5 and make it to the playoffs. This team is young, and they're gonna make mistakes. But we're going in the right direction, and I still think we're gonna have a good season. Let's just hope we get some players back for the Chargers game, and the whole team wakes up from this weekends loss and bounces back hard in 2 weeks.

Good teams learn from bad games. We will find out a lot about this team 2 weeks from now against SD. After what I saw in the first 4 games, I am optimistic.

4-1

If you would have told me that would have been our record going into the bye at the beginning of the season I would gladly take it.

- Our line has not played together for very long. I really expect them to get better as the season goes along. With that I think our running game will improve over time as well.

- In this past game we were pretty nicked up....Schrobel is hurt, Stroud is hurt, Mgee out, our dynamic punt returner out, Hardy still learning the offense, etc etc

i agree in total :censored:

4-1

I agree with this post. We are 4-1 and we have a lot going for us. I think our bye week came at that right time and hopefully we'll continue to be more prepared and ready to go in 2 weeks.

4-1

You do a good job of pointing out the positives, whereas many of us (including myself) have a tendency to focus on the negatives. And don't get me wrong--there are a number of negatives one could focus on here.

But I'd like to address one point in particular you made--that of our o-line not playing together very long. Jason Peters first became a LT in 2006. Melvin Fowler became our center (ugh!) back in 2006. Dockery, Butler, and Walker became starters at their respective positions beginning with the first game of the 2007 season.

Maybe you'll come back by pointing out that in this past preseason, Walker was playing on the left side, Chambers on the right. But the change-up at the tackle spots shouldn't affect the play of the interior line, and that's where many of our problems have been. I'll agree with you that the current group of players--especially Peters--have the ability to produce better play than we've seen thus far. But ultimately, the offensive line is a serious problem for this team, one that needs to be fixed on draft day.