Dow plummets

BLZFAN4LIFE

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on man. 14 years ago, the Dow was at 3,700 or so. Get a grip on the facts.http://finance.google.com/finance?client=o...;q=INDEXDJX:DJI

But hey, keep fanning the panic.

The 700B bailout hasn't done anything yet. It will relieve a credit crunch. It will take a long time for credit relief to be reflected in the market. The two are related but there are many things that will influence a market comeback. Not the least of which is when all the people who have pulled their money out of the market in the last year start pouring it back in.

J.A., If the trend of the past 4 days continues, in 8 days my mistaken headline will beome a reality.

Hey, lots of folks are saying that this is the time to buy. Stocks are cheap.

But futures are down another 30 right now.

Wow. :thumbdown:

Yeah, everybody take your spare thousands and put it in the market now. :thumbsup:

I was just getting used to sleeping on them.

Where did I EVER mention Ron Paul??? Go ahead, keep putting words in my mouth. And you apparently know very little on Mises, so please don't act as though you have a full understanding of his work.

Oh maybe because Ron Paul is mentioned on the first page of the link that you provided?

Ok, let's assume that I don't know Mises. Explain in your words what he said and how it applies to the current crisis.

I'm talking about the inflation since the moment we went off the gold standard. That period.

Ok, show me the evidence that there's been "inflation" for the last 37 years.

Oh maybe because Ron Paul is mentioned on the first page of the link that you provided?

Ok, let's assume that I don't know Mises. Explain in your words what he said and how it applies to the current crisis.

Ok, show me the evidence that there's been "inflation" for the last 37 years.

Evidence :

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/oct/09/zimbabwe

:thumbdown:

I still believe in the fundamentals of Anacot Steel

Lou Manheim didn't. I guess we're all looking into the abyss, finding our character, staying out of the abyss. The thing is, the abyss looks the same from the edge as it does when you're already in it.

The most important story of the day that no one is discussing is the auction of Lehman's CDS book. This will lead to SOME transparency and give us an idea of where we are. The results of the auction should be known around 2 PM today. Then look for some action as everyone will then have an idea of where they stand.