When did Schobel turn into just another guy?

Big Turk

Its been a while since Schobel has displayed the skills that sent him to the pro-bowl, and I can't seem to remember when he turned into a guy that is easily handled by potentially a bottom 5 LT in the NFL...

So when did Schobel lose his ability to get to the QB? Exactly what has he lost? His explosive first step? His ability to close on the QB after being pushed outside? It is clear something is missing from his game that he used to have....

It is frustrating to watch him being blocked by a guy who got the nickname "Turnstile" when he played here...he should have gotten to Warner at least 3 to 4 times today---and he didn't even come close....

Is it time to move on and potentially cut him this offseason? I know the cap hit would be pretty big, but IMHO it is better to take the hit than to keep paying the guy top 10 DE money when he clearly is not the same player they gave the money to....

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it time to move on and potentially cut him this offseason? I know the cap hit would be pretty big, but IMHO it is better to take the hit than to keep paying the guy top 10 DE money when he clearly is not the same player they gave the money to....

Who would you replace him with. It is not like DEs are available for free on the street. The Bills chose to go with two undersized DEs in Kelsay and Schoebel and both were neutralized today. I also think the Cards used the TE effectively in pass blocking. Also, since the DBs gave so much cushion, the cards went for the quick pass for 5-6 yards to move the chains. In theory Kurt Warner never needed too much time to make his passes count.

Its been a while since Schobel has displayed the skills that sent him to the pro-bowl, and I can't seem to remember when he turned into a guy that is easily handled by potentially a bottom 5 LT in the NFL...

So when did Schobel lose his ability to get to the QB? Exactly what has he lost? His explosive first step? His ability to close on the QB after being pushed outside? It is clear something is missing from his game that he used to have....

It is frustrating to watch him being blocked by a guy who got the nickname "Turnstile" when he played here...he should have gotten to Warner at least 3 to 4 times today---and he didn't even come close....

We're sorry. Aaron Schobel no longer rushes the passer from the RDE position on the Buffalo Bills defense. Instead, from approximately 4:15 EST to 7:15 EST, Mr. Schobel was busy lining up at RDE or RDT and running crazy stunts with the rest of the defensive line. For example, a favorite call in today's game was Schobel at RDT twisting outside and making contact with Arizona's RT. Effectively, Mr. Schobel was rushing the passer as an LDE....but lining up as an RDT.

As you can tell from Kurt Warner taking exactly ONE HIT all game, the stunts on the defensive line were pretty darn effective. As was that awesome lineup they used where the DT's lined up outside the guards, the DE's lined up outside the tackles, and Arizona's C, the weakest link on their line, had no one to block since we were trying to rush from the outside and "contain" Kurt Warner....a QB who doesn't scramble all that well. BRILLIANT! They were forming the pocket for him.

We're sorry. Aaron Schobel no longer rushes the passer from the RDE position on the Buffalo Bills defense. Instead, from approximately 4:15 EST to 7:15 EST, Mr. Schobel was busy lining up at RDE or RDT and running crazy stunts with the rest of the defensive line. For example, a favorite call in today's game was Schobel at RDT twisting outside and making contact with Arizona's RT. Effectively, Mr. Schobel was rushing the passer as an LDE....but lining up as an RDT.

As you can tell from Kurt Warner taking exactly ONE HIT all game, the stunts on the defensive line were pretty darn effective. As was that awesome lineup they used where the DT's lined up outside the guards, the DE's lined up outside the tackles, and Arizona's C, the weakest link on their line, had no one to block since we were trying to rush from the outside and "contain" Kurt Warner....a QB who doesn't scramble all that well. BRILLIANT! They were forming the pocket for him.

Schobel really did have that bad of a game, and I don't think it should go unnoticed. We need someone very very effective coming of the edge.

Schobel really did have that bad of a game, and I don't think it should go unnoticed. We need someone very very effective coming of the edge.

Yeah, he was awful.

Led all DLinemen in tackles.

Led the team in QB hits.

Led the team in tackles for loss.

Led the team in passes defended.

He's undoubtedly the guy who should be taking shlt. :thumbdown:

Yeah, he was awful.

Led the team in QB hits.

Had more passes defended than anybody in the secondary.

He's undoubtedly the guy who should be taking shlt. :thumbdown:

Hahahaha. Wow. Are you serious right now? Aaron schobel had a bad game. Are you seriously about to defend someone on that defense right now???

Are you seriously about to defend someone on that defense right now???

The defense was horrible, primarily the secondary who didn't cover anybody all day.

But it seems incredibly silly to single out Schobel who had another solid, if unspectacular, outing when so many around him really stunk up the joint.

The defense was horrible, primarily the secondary who didn't cover anybody all day.

But it seems incredibly silly to single out Schobel who had another solid, if unspectacular, outing when so many around him really stunk up the joint.

I never singled him out, I agreed he played bad. I think out of all the posts in this thread, to call mine out was uncalled for.

I never singled him out, I agreed he played bad. I think out of all the posts in this thread, to call mine out was uncalled for.

Yours was the only post in the thread that mentioned today's game.

Really? Look again. Like I said, very selective reading.

You are correct. Apparently I just clicked on the reply button nearest the bottom.

Apologies for not reading more thoroughly.

Yeah, he was awful.

Led the team in QB hits.

Led the team in passes defended.

He's undoubtedly the guy who should be taking shlt. :wallbash:

I agree. I thought he was one of the better defenders on the field today. He even had a pass defense today. I agree with you.

Hahahaha. Wow. Are you serious right now? Aaron schobel had a bad game. Are you seriously about to defend someone on that defense right now???

You are retarded moron who knows nothing about football. You should never grace this board again with your stupid opinions. Obviously Schobel played well today and if you can't see that then maybe you should start watching chick flicks instead you moron. Why don't you find a horse to sleep with. You are a know nothing inexcusable piece of crap that tries to pass themselves off as a human being. You didn't even know who the very first draft pick in the NFL was! You need to go back to kindergarten and maybe go to one of those Bills classes they hold for women. I'm sure you wear dresses anyway so they probably won't notice you :thumbdown: for brains loser.

:D:angry: :angry: :lol: :lol:

:D

See how ya are?