For someone who has watched ZERO AZ Cardinals recently...

One Dimensional

yes. no ground attack really Edgerrin James is still good he's just not playing great. Their passing game is the real threat.

I honestly feel though that we'll be able to put pressure on Warner and hopefully he coughs up a fumble or too and makes poor decisions...

yes. no ground attack really Edgerrin James is still good he's just not playing great. Their passing game is the real threat.

I honestly feel though that we'll be able to put pressure on Warner and hopefully he coughs up a fumble or too and makes poor decisions...

Interestingly, James is ranked 12th in the league [71attmpts / 277totyds / 3.9avg / 69.2ypg] which places him one spot above Lynch who is at 13th in league [79attmpts / 275totyds / 3.5avg / 68.8ypg].

Arizona as a team, however, is ranked 25th [108 attempts / 348 total yards / 3.2avg / 87.0ypg]

while Buffalo is ranked 20th [116attmpt / 408 totyds / 3.5avg / 102.0ypg]

Apparently, Jackson is the difference maker as he ranks 42nd in the league and the Cards don't have a backup RB in the top 50. So, as a team, the Bills have an edge (no pun intended) in running; however, the Edge is marginally outproducing the Beast. Lynch does have 4 touchdowns to James' 2.

Conclusion, I really think they try to establish a running game tomorrow. Hopefully, we're ready and can make them one dimensional.

There's has always been a formidable pass attack. The run game is non-existent. They are completely one dimensional. With Q out, they should be less effective as well. Our D has to do three things: stop Fitzgerald, pressure Warner, and force turnovers.

While Warner did compile a lot of yards, they were mostly in the 2nd half, as they were playing catch up. Also, Warner turned the ball over 5 time by himself. That is a recipe for disaster and a recipe for losing.

Or do they rack up alot of passing yards in garbage time like they did last week against the Jets?

In the two games they won, they were scary good. They can run the ball if they choose to. Their defense at the time was pretty good but it plays from behind they struggle.

With Boldin out, they'll struggle to gain yards against our secondary. Look for them to run the ball more to minimize mistakes. However, if we win the TOP and run wild over them, Warner will have to air it out which bodes well for us if we can generate pressure.

Alot of people make a big deal about Cardinals and i don't see why. They can score points against poor defenses.

The Cardinals are 2-2 on the season. Here are some opponents stats.

Week 1 - WIN

Opponent - 49ers

Opponent Total Defense Rank - 22nd.

Opponent Passing Yards Allowed per Game Rank - 19th

Week 2 - WIN

Opponent - Dolphins

Opponent Total Defense Rank - 15th

Opponent Passing Yards Allowed per Game Rank - 26th

Week 3 - LOSS

Opponent - Redskins

Opponent Total Defense Rank - 14th

Opponent Passing Yards Allowed per Game Rank - 23rd

Week 4 - LOSS

Opponent - Jets

Opponent Total Defense Rank - 24th

Opponent Passing Yards per Game Rank - 30th

BILLS STATS

Total Defense Rank - 7th

Passing Yards per Game Rank - 6th

The Cardinals are ranked 5th on offense but i believe that number is inflatted due to the poor defenses they have faced so far. Of course on the same token stat wise the Bills defense hasn't really faced any of this years good offenses until this week.

It will be a tough game for the Bills maybe the toughest this year for them. The Bills offense will need to score points against a pretty good Cardinal defense. I think the Bills are a more well rounded team than the Cardinals in all 3 phases of the game.

In the two games they won, they were scary good. They can run the ball if they choose to. Their defense at the time was pretty good but it plays from behind they struggle.

With Boldin out, they'll struggle to gain yards against our secondary. Look for them to run the ball more to minimize mistakes. However, if we win the TOP and run wild over them, Warner will have to air it out which bodes well for us if we can generate pressure.

"...and run wild over them....."?

Hope springs eternal! I've been waiting for that for two seasons now! This O-Line drives me nuts. Heaviest in the league, but can't get Lynch two yards beyond the line of scrimmage. Some of those run plays last week had me screaming at Fairchild just out of habit. I would simply LOVE to see the Bills "run wild", but I'm fearing that they're going to be in the usual 4th quarter shootout. And I don't think this is a particularly good team against which one wishes to lock horns in such a fashion.

From what I saw against the Jets, Warner's arm strength leaves a lot to be desired, and his balls to the sidelines take forever to get there...this should leave some good opportunities for our DB's to make plays on the ball, as long as they don't play 10 yards off like they have been....

considering they were 2-0 and didnt do much in their loss to the Skins I dont see how anyone would think they rack up all their stats in garbage time like last week when that was the first time they've been in garbage time

There's has always been a formidable pass attack. The run game is non-existent. They are completely one dimensional. With Q out, they should be less effective as well. Our D has to do three things: stop Fitzgerald, pressure Warner, and force turnovers.

While Warner did compile a lot of yards, they were mostly in the 2nd half, as they were playing catch up. Also, Warner turned the ball over 5 time by himself. That is a recipe for disaster and a recipe for losing.

In general I think this is good advice though in priority order if the first thing we are counting on is stopping Fitz he has gone over 100 yards in each of the last three games catching 7 or 8 passes each time. Containing him rather than stopping him is far more likely a successful goal for our D (though Boldin being out great enhances that possibility though I think the key is actually for us to run disguised zones so that it looks like the over player is giving him lots of room but the under player can close quickly and cut off the pass route.

Pressure on Warner will be the key so that he gets rid of it quickly and does not have the time to accurately decide whether we are using the zone blitz or instead using more of a straight cover approach.

If we get pressure the turnovers will come.

That was one stupid thread. Curt Warner underrated? Maybe. Top 10 of all time? Puhleeze.

I don't think Curt Warner, the old Seahawks running back and briefly with the Rams, was overrated. He had a couple of good seasons though and he was pretty good in Tecmo Bowl.

I have watched my share of Cards games over the years because much of my family has relocated from Buffalo to the greater Phoenix area. My grandfather, who was a Bills fan when he lived in Buffalo but never crazy like the rest of our family, had season tickets to the Cards dating back to the Timm Rosenbach days, so i follow them.

Offensively they can throw the ball, as has been stated earlier in the thread, but with Boldin out the Bills will be able to shade the defense to bottle up Fitz. They have a mediocre running game at best with Edge, but in my opinion, Tim Hightower, the rookie back up is much more explosive, and will get more and more carries as the season progresses. So, if the Bills can contain Fitz their offense shouldn't be too prolific. The wild card is Steve Breaston, who was great in college and has done well as a #3 WR but it remains to be seen if he can make the jump to a #2.

Defensively, the Cards are vulnerable especially with Adrian Wilson out. They are giving up over 100 ypg, but are not as bad as some around here have said. Statistically, they are in the middle of the pack, but with Wilson out hopefully our boys will be able to spread them out with the pass and kill them with Beast Mode and Fast Freddy.

Just my $.02