Kurt Warner walks on water (post two)

RLflutie7

I have no problem with Kurt Warner thanking Jeebus for a victory -- as long as I don't have to look at his wife! :lol:

If the other team believed in Baal, I think that would make the Thanks for Victory talk a little more authentic.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The achilles heel that prevents him from being anywhere NEAR a top 10 all-time is turnovers. He has thrown 104 interceptions and fumbled 80+ times in only 98 games, while only throwing 160 TD's. Warner almost has more turnovers that TD's on his career - calling that top 10 all time is totally absurd.

You just proved my point. How many QBs have thrown 160 TDs in 98 games. Name another QB who has come close to those stats. I remember looking at his stats when he had 2 TDs per game (after about 40-60 games) No other QB can say that. Name a QB who comes close to that. People need to grow up.

I think Warner got into a personality conflict with Mike Martz and Martz made a snide remark about certain NFL players need to read their playbook more rather than the Bible. And I think I know who he was talking about. Mike was making it a personality issue rather than a production issue.

There was also that 2003 or 2004 SI preview issue where his teammates where defending Warner against an irate fan base. The guy was a two time Superbowl QB within three years and he threw over 40 TDs.

My point is, Warner gets ripped all the time and other QB performances don't come close to his. Brett Farve has the lead for INTs, so I think anyone can understand my point.

I looked up Warner's stats. This year his rating is 100.8, and his yards per attempt is 8.7. Last year his numbers were 89.8 and 7.6, respectively.

By comparison, Tom Brady's career average is a QB rating of 92.9 and an average yards per attempt of 7.2.

In Kurt Warner's monster year, he achieved a QB rating of 109.2 and a yards per pass attempt stat of 8.7.

Based on numbers, Kurt Warner played at a high level last year, and is playing at an even higher level this year. However, he's not achieving quite as much as he did the year the Rams won the Super Bowl.

Matt Leinart's career average is 71.2 and 6.5. This year, Warner has given them nearly 30 points more in QB rating, and 2.2 more yards per pass attempt, than Leinart had been giving them with the same supporting cast.

I'm a little nervous about this game, and Warner is a big reason why. If we give that guy time to throw, and if the Bills' offensive line turns in its usual putrid performance in the first half/3rd quarter, this game could be a real problem.

Thanks for making a better post than mine. I can't understand why people don't like Warner. They sit on Tom Brady's jock and rub Brett the right way and yet no love for Warner. Warner's numbers last year were just as strong if not better than Brady's, especially in the last seven games. And he was void of a running game also.

Thanks for making a better post than mine. I can't understand why people don't like Warner. They sit on Tom Brady's jock and rub Brett the right way and yet no love for Warner. Warner's numbers last year were just as strong if not better than Brady's, especially in the last seven games. And he was void of a running game also.

Passing stats get inflated when teams are coming from behind.

Last week, Kurt threw for 472 yards and lost. Trent had 197 and won. I know....Trent also came from a deficit, but the cards were down something like 34-0 at the half. Defenses will give you short to mid range passes under those circumstances.

At his best, Kurt had a great OL led by Orlando Pace. He also had Isaac Bruce and of course Faulk. Perhaps 3 hall of fame players, right? He is a good qb and he can beat you, but top 10 of all time? I don't think so. Besides, if you want to go by stats, Bledsoe destroys him in every caregory, no?

Is Drew top 10 of all time?

Isn't Baal on the Democratic ticket somewhere in one of the west coast States? :lol:

Not sure, but here's how to spot it: look for the candidate in drought stricken areas supporting ballot initiatives allowing human sacrifice and ritualized prostitution.

Are you going to the game on Sunday? maybe, like, you could meet him. :lol: Warner he likley won't make it through the game on Sunday. P.S I think you are on the wrong web site for kissing his azz.

GO BILLS!

Are you going to the game on Sunday? maybe, like, you could meet him. :lol: Warner he likley won't make it through the game on Sunday. P.S I think you are on the wrong web site for kissing his azz.

GO BILLS!

Seeing as how this is Kurts Wife or Mom coming here to try and make it look like their son or spouse is so underrated and try to drum up support, I'm sure we can assume they have already met and will be at the game on Sunday

Wow, Kurt Warner was averaging 2 TD's a game early in his career, in Mike Martz's "Greatest Show on Turf" Offence? That is definitly first Ballot HOF eligibility right there. Actually its probably enough to shut down the HOF all together and just make it a shrine to the greatest (most underrated cause he's Christian) QB of all time!

Passing stats get inflated when teams are coming from behind.

Last week, Kurt threw for 472 yards and lost. Trent had 197 and won. I know....Trent also came from a deficit, but the cards were down something like 34-0 at the half. Defenses will give you short to mid range passes under those circumstances.

At his best, Kurt had a great OL led by Orlando Pace. He also had Isaac Bruce and of course Faulk. Perhaps 3 hall of fame players, right? He is a good qb and he can beat you, but top 10 of all time? I don't think so. Besides, if you want to go by stats, Bledsoe destroys him in every caregory, no?

Is Drew top 10 of all time?

What he said.

I'm 27. Warner is barely among the top 10 QB's I've seen in their "prime," so I would have to agree that it's ludicrous to put him in the top 10....even top 20. Then again, I think Steve Young was better than Elway, Favre, or Marino (I think the numbers back it up).

You can manipulate stats any way you want, but QB rating is the most useless.

But to throw some useless stats out there, since fumbles were brought up...I decided to pick some of the "greats" of the past 20 years and see how they stack up as complete QBs. Total TDs (passing+rushing) compared to INTs + fumbles (regardless of whether they were lost or not).

Manning +121, 1.59 TDs per potential TO

Montana +101, 1.53

Young +100, 1.57

Brady +51, 1.34

Marino +67, 1.19

Favre +26, 1.06

Kelly -7, 0.97

Elway -30, 0.92

Aikman -25, 0.87

Warner -25, 0.87

Moon -81, 0.79

Bledsoe -68, 0.79

Nothing against Warner, he was great for a couple years...even now he's good. But I don't think he's even a lock to be one of the top 10 QBs of the last 20 years, let alone top 10 ever.

Think about it... we see players thank Jesus/God all the time when they make a touchdown or for their talent, or they point to the sky...

I don't think player's religious beliefs affect anyone's opinions of them.

Pointing to the sky, is not preachy, and looks decently cool. Saying thank god or praise to jesus or whatever is preachy. It serves no purpose other than an ego trip(letting others know what kind of man he is) or trying to convert others. Count me in as someone who can't stand when athletes do that. Does that make them worse players in my mind? Of course not, but I do roll my eyes when I hear it.

One of the reasons I can't stand QB rating stats & even QB TD stats is because a QB gets more TD passes if he passes on X & goal than if he hands off to a RB at the end of a long drive. A QB who orchestrates a TD drive of 80 yards isn't any better because he threw on 2nd & 2 and scored a TD than if he handed off to the RB for a rushing TD. Yet, his QB rating and TD % is better. There are so many other situations that reflect in ratings such as a receiver having a pass bounce off his hands into a CB's hands for an int or even as we have seen this year against Oakland where the DB wrestles the ball away from the receiver and the QB gets an INT. Another thing stats don't take into account is if the #s are done vs creampuff defenses, or rock solid ones. That's why people who religiously (nothing to do with Jesus, RL) follow QB stats usually can be found wearing a straight jacket in a room with padded walls.

My argument wasn't based on stats, I used stats to help prove the WIDELY known fact that Warner is a turnover machine. Kurt Warner had one great year but has spent of rest of his career throwing picks and fumbling, and massing tons of yardage in garbage time.

For the purposes of this discussion please ignore my sign-on. I'm, of course, a fan but I'll try to be objective:

Warner is a very good qb whose career is incredibly unusual. Missed a lot of his prime years before he got an opportunity and then was in the perfect place at the right time. Then, I think, he ran into some real injury issues and had an awful year in NY. I think he got spoiled at St Louis with a lot of time and developed a bad habit of holding onto the ball too long. Was fearless and it worked when only needed a few times a game. Obviously, it doesn't work when you try to stand in like that 15 plays a game.

There are many, many qbs that will look good given a strong team and rare ones that are still good without a supporting cast. I think Warner is more in the category of a qb who needs some strong support to show his talent. He might have put together one of the top ten three year periods in the nfl but he's definately not one of the best ten qbs of all time. It's nice to see him playing well and I think he's in the top ten qbs right now. Better not beat the Bills though!

Also, since the christian players get together and pray at midfield after each game I don't think they feel God is on their side but that when they get the limelight for a moment they are trying to do waht they feel is right and share their faith. I hope that is still preferable to what some of the other guys in the league are doing; ie Travis Henry.

Think about it... we see players thank Jesus/God all the time when they make a touchdown or for their talent, or they point to the sky...

I don't think player's religious beliefs affect anyone's opinions of them.

Simpleton.

Sociology didn't work out, they've switched to meteorology, and are pointing to the heavens to warn us of an approaching cold front. You should be grateful. I sure am.

My argument wasn't based on stats, I used stats to help prove the WIDELY known fact that Warner is a turnover machine. Kurt Warner had one great year but has spent of rest of his career throwing picks and fumbling, and massing tons of yardage in garbage time.

Kurt Warner is not a turnover machine and you know it.

When you said he had 80 fumbles in 104 starts you were implying that he had lost 80 fumbles. He's lost only 36 fumbles in his whole career. Plus, he has only one year with over 20 ints and his number of sacks is way below others . . . like Elway . . . another one of my favorites . . . I also did more research and you are wrong about the fumbles thing.

Most fumbles in a career: Warren Moon (Hall of Fame) 161, Brett Farve 147 (Hall of Fame), plus he rules the world in INTs, Dave Kreig 153 (should be in the Hall of Fame) 9th all time TDs thrown (according to his website).

I did an edit on this post to add the info.

my problem is that players seem to think that god/jesus helped them and said FU to the other team....why is that losing players dont stop and thank god/jesus for helping them lose....they should keep religion and sports segregatted,,,my opinion is church and everything should be segregatted

I would put Warner in the top 10 of QBs to have played in the NFL, no question, and I think Warner put that on display in the second half last week. He got beat up and made mistakes in the first half, but he proved he's one of the best QBs in the game in the second half.

Warner is probably the best 2 minute QB to play the game and he's deadly when they come out throwing to start the game.

I'm thinking that Bills fans are scared of Warner and the Cardinals.

Warner gets dismissed because people got tired of his thanking Jesus all the time. But, he gets written off and he keeps coming back. His performance doesn't deserve the second class treatment.

He does committ turnovers, but overall, his play has been far better than about 95% of NFL QBs. When he's been on the field, it's mostly positive.

Warner doesn't have much of a running game and he still puts up big numbers in the passing game. I think James has had about one or two games over 100 yards rushing since he's been with the Cardinals.

Anyway, enough of the Warner lovefest. I'm sure you all have some thoughts.

top 10 alltime???? no way in heck.......top 35 maaaybe