Palin 2012

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, you make some very good points.

With the financial mess we are in - the next President is not going to hit the ground running. They are going to have a steel ball around their ankle. The question is - what will the state of the economy be in 4 years? Or even 2 years for that matter? Ask Bill Clinton what the 1st two years of a presidency can do to you.

Now, I'm not going to make any kind of prediction, but a protracted economic mess is the perfect setup for a 1 term president.

As for Palin 2012. Too soon. 1st, we have to see what the outcome of this election is going to be. If she loses, the next question is if she liked the national stage or despised it. She didn't seek the VP position - she was asked. The question now becomes, does she want more?

If she loses, but wants more - 2012 is far too soon for her and maybe 2016 is so far out, she'll be long forgotten. However, anyone who doesn't see the talent (as raw as it may be) is a fool. I suspect she'll do her governor thing and then rake in money from speeches until someone new comes along. I don't have a sense that she's had plans to do anything beyond making a difference in her corner of the world.

If she loses, but wants more - 2012 is far too soon for her and maybe 2016 is so far out, she'll be long forgotten. However, anyone who doesn't see the talent (as raw as it may be) is a fool. I suspect she'll do her governor thing and then rake in money from speeches until someone new comes along. I don't have a sense that she's had plans to do anything beyond making a difference in her corner of the world.

If JMac loses, she's set to be a gov. --- or senator to gain/maintain DC experience and national visibility --- for as long as terms limits allow until, and if, she decides to make her own run.

If JMac loses, she's set to be a gov. --- or senator to gain/maintain DC experience and national visibility --- for as long as terms limits allow until, and if, she decides to make her own run.

If Stevens gets ousted as part of his legal issue could she actually appoint herself to the senate? Not sure what the rules in Alaska are and not sure any sitting Gov ever named themselves a senator?

With the financial mess we are in - the next President is not going to hit the ground running. They are going to have a steel ball around their ankle. The question is - what will the state of the economy be in 4 years? Or even 2 years for that matter? Ask Bill Clinton what the 1st two years of a presidency can do to you.

Good point. An Obama victory might be exactly what the GOP needs to start making a comeback in Congress in '10.

Of course if we hit rock bottom in the next year, and then we make slow but steady progress in recovering over the next 4 years, then Obama will be able to claim he brought the country back from an economic crisis, and why mess with success and elect someone from the party that got us there in the first place.

I expect Palin and family to be offered a celebreality show, maybe Palin Snows Best. The pregnant daughter and boyfriend will be the next Britney Spears and Kevin Federline story.

Just what we need the republicans to take over Congress again.

The country is best served with the white house and congress being controlled by opposite parties. Then they actually have to work to get things done, instead of passing whatever little whim the controlling party feels like.

I actually hope Palin doesn't plan to run for high level office in DC, because that would severely diminish her chances of posing for playboy.