Travis Henry

murra

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF he gets twenty years, something is VERY WRONG with the judicial/legal system, or basicly the drug laws in general. Just my opinion, but I am sure there are bigger problems law enforcement can be looking into. Really, do we need a DEA????

Again, just my two cents.

Prison sentences are much like the Las Vegas line. They are set to try to even things out. There is a whole lot of money in drugs. If the penalties aren't very steep, they won't deter criminals from taking the risk to make all that money.

Yes, we need the DEA and drugs are still among the biggest problems law enforcement can be looking into. Any one saying otherwise does not understand everything that is linked to illegal drug use.

I've been through this argument many times, with lots of friends of mine, and I don't want to hijack the thread. BUT, if illegal drug use is the problem, then make it legal, or decriminalize it. And, I’m not just talking about weed, I am talking about ALL drugs. Legalize it and tax it. If terrorists are making money on illegal drugs then legalize it, another problem solved.

The war on drugs is a JOKE.

Alcohol is the most POWERFUL drug there is. Totally LEGAL. Buy it at ANY store. In FACT we have alcohol dispensing stations all over the country, they are called bars and restaurants.

Put the money towards education and counseling.

The truth is the war on drugs will never go away as law enforcement makes tons of money with unconstitional seizures of property and such.

Again, just my opinion, but I think it’s RIGHT.

IF he gets twenty years, something is VERY WRONG with the judicial/legal system, or basicly the drug laws in general. Just my opinion, but I am sure there are bigger problems law enforcement can be looking into. Really, do we need a DEA????

are you serious?? 20 yrs for selling KILOS of drugs is too much?!

whether or not drugs should be illegal (not) moving heavy weight is the domain of slick ruthless smart detail oriented guys.

i can't think of a person who less fits this description than travis henry. he would lose a game of chess to a well painted strip of wood fencing.

are you serious?? 20 yrs for selling KILOS of drugs is too much?!

Yes. Especially when compared to murderers and child molesters who routinely get much LESS.

I don't care who sells, buys or uses drugs. I really don't care. I'm not saying I want MY kids doing drugs. But it is MY job to educate them about the harm drug use can cause. I don't need the government to take care of this for me.

Now, if some dirt bag lays a hand on my kids, well, that is something I DO have an issue with. Please see the movie Deathwish.

Things just seem out of whack.

What Buffalo Bills RB HASN'T been arrested?

Hang with the O-Line folks. A $15.99 All-U-Can-Eat plate of sushi might be their idea of a good time, but you stay out of trouble.

Interesting, let's compile a list shall we?

OJ

Riddick

Thomas

Henry

Lynch

any others? Kinnebrew???

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008...ed-cocaine-dea/

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_10609290

'Meanwhile, court documents revealed Henry spent nearly $250,000 of his Broncos signing bonus on a Mercedes and gold jewelry.'

'To make up for the stolen cocaine, Henry and Mack came up with a scheme to give another customer two kilograms of fake cocaine, or drywall, along with one kilogram of real cocaine, the document says. '

Yes. Especially when compared to murderers and child molesters who routinely get much LESS.

I don't care who sells, buys or uses drugs. I really don't care. I'm not saying I want MY kids doing drugs. But it is MY job to educate them about the harm drug use can cause. I don't need the government to take care of this for me.

Now, if some dirt bag lays a hand on my kids, well, that is something I DO have an issue with. Please see the movie Deathwish.

Things just seem out of whack.

Just because our society has become too gutless to effectively deal with murders and child molesters doesn't mean we should stop punishing other crimes. I don't care what anyone does in their own home (and would be fine with the legalization of MJ), but I do care if thugs like Henry are making multi-kilo coke deals and bringing the inevitable violence that goes with it.

I don't care how many yards he rushed for the Bills, he's a POS and belongs behind bars. Good riddance.

I can appreciate the points both you and scribo are making, and I can see where both of you are coming from.

I'm not saying I have a solution or a fix, but I did have a thought while reading your exchange with scribo:

Stiff penalties don't seem to deter criminals, unless they're the types of criminals who are thinking they'll get caught - a type which I don't believe exists.

Again, I'm not saying a guy dealing coke by the kilo, or a rapist, or any other violent criminal shouldn't go away for a long time, but it just seems like stiff penalties as a deterrence aren't as effective as we'd like it to be.

The problem I have is not with the use, it's the trafficking.

Three kilos of cocaine translates to 6.6 pounds.

This will be a federal case because it involves two states (Montana and Colorado). Under the federal sentencing guidelines, trafficking in 3 kilos of cocaine is a level 28 offense, and calls for a minimum of 78 to 97 months in federal prison. That's a minimum of 6 years.

This is very sad for Henry's family. I'm unsure whether I have sympathy for Travis Henry.

A multi-kilogram cocaine drug bust. This was not for personal use, but looks like a purchase with the intent to sell. There is no better punishment than 20 years for a person who was going to sell cocaine to multiple people - in effect, destroying multiple peoples's/family's lives.

I have no problem if he wants to ruin his life, that's his personal decision. However, when you contribute to the downfall of others, it's a whole different ball game.

Stiff penalties don't seem to deter criminals, unless they're the types of criminals who are thinking they'll get caught - a type which I don't believe exists.

Even if this didn't deter him from committing the crime, 20 years in prison is 20 less years he could potentially be selling and ruining other's lives.