Worlds Most Disgusting Apartment

JinVA

I actually saw one worse. About 13 years ago, the woman up and to the right f me complained of a dead animal smell in a closet in a storage area. The manager check, and it was fine, He traced it to the apartment above mine. When he knocked on the door, he spotted that the guy had garbage piled up chest high throughout the apartment! There were sheets of cobwebs extending from the ceiling to the kitchen counter. The fridge was full of rotten food. All he had was a path from the front door to the bathroom and his cot. The wall where his head was when he slept had a greasy smear on it, the toilet was cracked because he had tried to pour hot grease down it and had cooked next to it on a hot plate.

He had a pickup that didn't run that was full of old, yellowed newspapers. But in the bedroom closet were starched and pressed white shirts and uniforms. I had met him once a year earlier. He worked at the CalTrain station in town. When the manager and I (we were friends) went in there, we wore two layers of latex cloves, and held several layers of dust masks over our noses. The manager sprayed Lysol on everything he touched (I didn't touch anything). It didn't smell too bad because nothing was disturbed.

The manager could not get the cops to evict him right then and there, but started the process. He told the guy that that he had three days to get rid of teh garbage. The guy hired two college kids sight unseen to remove the garbage. They used a stake truck and filled it three times. The manager told me that the college kids threw up at least three times each. When they disturbed the stuff, the smell got really bad. I had to walk to my car about 50 feet away from where they were loading the truck. Even with holding my nose shut and breathing through my mouth and running, I almost puked.

They owners had to remove all the wallboard, strip the floors down to the bare wood, and gut the bathroom and kitchen. Afterward, it looked and smelled OK..

Wow! I like how she didnt smoke the cigarettes. They are all about 3/4 of their original length.

Really though...its not THAT bad. I mean, its a wreck, but all she needs to do is throw out the trash and fix the bathroom. Slap a coat of paint and some new carpet on it, and it looks in pretty good condition...

Cant believe someone could live there though...but from a landlord perspective, it could be ALOT worse