Old school Bills games on Youtube

Catholic Guilt

Holy crap this is so cool.

Thanks!

I'm 39 so this team -- the '80-'81 Chuck Knox squad -- is the first one I really lived and died with. So great to see them again.

But I especially liked the tape of the 1974 MNF comeback against the Raiders... led in the waning minutes by a young Joe Ferguson, who was in his second season if I remember right. Who says lightning doesn't strike in the same place twice?

But I especially liked the tape of the 1974 MNF comeback against the Raiders... led in the waning minutes by a young Joe Ferguson, who was in his second season if I remember right. Who says lightning doesn't strike in the same place twice?

I was there - an 11 year old kid going to my first MNF game. I had tix to go the one the year before against the Chiefs, but the forecast was bad and my Pop refused to go... Man I was pissed about that.

Joe Cribbs was such a stud. I forgot how explosive he was. I cant understand why Curtis Brown got so many touches

Cribbs was a stud! He used to break long TDs all the time. Those videos are awesome. It is great to see some of the old players. Good stuff!

Awesome. Thanks a ton! Fergy was tough as nails. Another one who did not have a cannon arm or great wheels, but super smart and could pick a defense apart before the snap.

He had a much better arm than Trent. His ball had more zip on it. I think TE has at least as much cool in the pocket as Joe had though. TE may become a better QB than Joe was.

I was there - an 11 year old kid going to my first MNF game. I had tix to go the one the year before against the Chiefs, but the forecast was bad and my Pop refused to go... Man I was pissed about that.

I was there too. Great game. I was already a Bills fan, having been a kid going to the Rockpile. This game was the first after OJs record setting 2003 yard season. Like a lot of youngsters, I followed OJs progress the previous year, and then this great opening day experience against the Raiders sealed the deal - I was a Bills fan forever.

I was also at their first Monday night game against the Chiefs the previous year. My first game at Rich. For the 1973 Cheifs game, me and my brother took a shuttle bus (we didn't drive yet) from Main and Transit. Bad forecast? My memory is that it was an absolutley beautiful October night. Maybe your pop had already scalped the tickets for $10 each.

I was there too. Great game. I was already a Bills fan, having been a kid going to the Rockpile. This game was the first after OJs record setting 2003 yard season. Like a lot of youngsters, I followed OJs progress the previous year, and then this great opening day experience against the Raiders sealed the deal - I was a Bills fan forever.

I was also at their first Monday night game against the Chiefs the previous year. My first game at Rich. For the 1973 Cheifs game, me and my brother took a shuttle bus (we didn't drive yet) from Main and Transit. Bad forecast? My memory is that it was an absolutley beautiful October night. Maybe your pop had already scalped the tickets for $10 each.

It was raining that night, but no worse than our 2 games here already. BTW, when's the last time we played in nice weather at home??? :thumbsup:

It was raining that night, but no worse than our 2 games here already. BTW, when's the last time we played in nice weather at home??? :thumbsup:

Gotta disagree.

Unless my memory has totally failed me, it was a nice night. Of course, we were under cover in the club seats, but I think I would have remembered if the weather sucked. Unfortunately, I can no longer ask my brother.

Anyone else remember the 1st Monday nighter in 1973 - when OJ broke 1000 yds in the 7th game? OJ also rushed 47 times - a new record at that time.

If the weather really was bad, I gotta issue with the folks. What the hell were they thinking, sending a couple of adolescent boys out in the rain, by themselves, to a stadium 25 miles away, on a school night when they wouldn't be home (if they got home) until 1am? That was the era before soccer moms and organized activities. They went to their Satuday night cocktail parties and us kids were pretty much left to our own devices. If one of us went missing, no problem. Back then, parents had spare kids - usually 4 or 5 to a family.