Broncos 3-0 - future playoff opponent?

SouthernMan

Maybe it's too early to seriously start talking playoffs, but as I look at the standings, I see the Broncos as one of the other undefeated AFC teams at 3-0. It dawned on me that the Ed Hoculi error from last week's Charger's game could have ramifications that effect the Bills should they meet in the playoffs.

I'd rather see The Chargers at 1-1 (they play the Jets Monday night) and Broncos at 2-1 than have the Broncos keeping pace with the Bills.

Wouldn't it just suck if that non-fumble call by Hoculi cost the Bills a home playoff game?

In the long run, the Bills may have to prove they're deserving of a higher ranking by winning in Denver in December.

Stop talking playoffs.. we havent made it yet.. it is still early

Ill believe it when i see it. Until then, its one game at a time

If Whitner can talk playoffs before the season starts, why can't we, who have no power to change the outcome on the field, talk about playoffs with the Bills at 3-0?

damn.. u guys are gonna jinx the hell out of this team. Its WEEK 3 there are 13 games left to be played. Just watch and enjoy the Bills play competitive football. 03 people were talking super bowl after the first couple games and the Bills went 6-10. We havent even hit bad weather yet either.

A lot can change in the remaining 13 weeks but I don't see why playoffs can't be discussed. I mean, if they don't make it, Jauron is probably gone and the TE project probably didn't work out. .500 ball puts at 9-6. We should be playing better than that with our schedule. 7-5 makes us 10-5. 8-4 makes us 11-4 going into week 17. Week 17's are hard to figure out because you never know who is playing hard and who isn't.

I like our chances. If we don't make it, then we must have screwed up something big time and would need to be back at the drawing board anyways.

You are right.. if the Bills lose most of their remaining games it is most likely because of a huge injury or something. But .500 or higher is likely, but not guaranteed. I say minimum 9-7, but that doesnt necessarily get you in the playoffs.. we need 10 wins for sure

You are right.. if the Bills lose most of their remaining games it is most likely because of a huge injury or something. But .500 or higher is likely, but not guaranteed. I say minimum 9-7, but that doesnt necessarily get you in the playoffs.. we need 10 wins for sure

I would say that if we end up 9-7, then the rest of the season would have still been a failure or there was some big problem if not injury. I would set the over/under on "disappointment" 7-6 for the rest of the season.

A lot can change in the remaining 13 weeks but I don't see why playoffs can't be discussed. I mean, if they don't make it, Jauron is probably gone and the TE project probably didn't work out. .500 ball puts at 9-6. We should be playing better than that with our schedule. 7-5 makes us 10-5. 8-4 makes us 11-4 going into week 17. Week 17's are hard to figure out because you never know who is playing hard and who isn't.

I like our chances. If we don't make it, then we must have screwed up something big time and would need to be back at the drawing board anyways.

That's the way I'm looking at it. Too early to start talking playoffs? No. Hell no!

If there were 13 games left for a ML baseball team, no one would say it's too early. With 13 games left for the Sabres - would anyone think it too early to start looking at playoff possibilities?

That's the (only) good thing about the NFL's short season - it's never too early to start analyzing the odds for playoff contenders. In fact, it's a hell of a lot of fun when you're at 3-0 with 13 games remaining, a cake schedule, and the very real chances of post season loom for the first time in 8 years.

Right now, it would take a complete implosion and collapse to miss the dance. With a few key wins, we're talking home playoff game. We've already taken care of 2 AFC foes who could have challenged for playoff positioning. The divisional games will be the dertermining factor in taking the division. The San Diego (home) and Denver will be, I predict, the determining factors for getting at least one home game.

Of course, injuries can always play part, but assuming all things are equal, it could just as easily effect opponents. Considering the experience our backups got last year and having a #2 QB with more NFL starts than the average # 2, we may have the edge in that department.

Houston , SD, and Jets still have 14 games left, but SD or the Jets will have another loss after tonight. Looking at the standings, there are 10 AFC teams that need at least 3 wins (or 2 including a head to head victory) to our 0 wins to overtake us for a playoff position. There are only 16 teams in the AFC. 6 make the playoffs.

I kind of like our odds.

I agree it's too early to start talking playoffs if you're a player on the Bills - they have to take one game at a time. But not us. We're fans. This is what we do.

Maybe it's too early to seriously start talking playoffs, but as I look at the standings, I see the Broncos as one of the other undefeated AFC teams at 3-0. It dawned on me that the Ed Hoculi error from last week's Charger's game could have ramifications that effect the Bills should they meet in the playoffs.

I'd rather see The Chargers at 1-1 (they play the Jets Monday night) and Broncos at 2-1 than have the Broncos keeping pace with the Bills.

Wouldn't it just suck if that non-fumble call by Hoculi cost the Bills a home playoff game?

In the long run, the Bills may have to prove they're deserving of a higher ranking by winning in Denver in December.

I'm interested in the topic, but agree with most of the responses this has drawn. Why not frame this as scouting our Dec 21st game in Denver? (One that may well have playoff implications....)

Marshall is the most dominant WR in the NFL right now.

ya think? :flirt:

Not really, when you consider that 87.5% of the time when we start 3-0 we've made the playoffs.

..And since we are a forward-thinking bunch, what I feel uncomfortable about, or in fear of, is a 1988 scenerio:

The Bills cruise through a great regular season and take a tough road loss against Cincy, only to find themselves in Cincy for the AFC Championship game.

The whole ball of wax in the AFC could come down to the second last week of the season game in Denver.

Yes, I am thinking that optimistically.

:ph34r:

Denver = amazing offense = just as amazingly bad defense.

I mean, they are one bad Hochuli call and a Elf Grammatica missed field goal from being 1-2 and in both games they jumped out with a 21 point lead only to almost lose. When teams start to keep the offense at bay, the Broncos are in trouble because that defense can't stop a JV team.