70th Wedding Anniversary

rockpile

My wife's grandparents came over from Italy in the 20's. They met when he was 22 and she was 16. After a few dates, he proposed marriage and she accepted. They were married in 1934 and raised four children through hard times and world wars.

Dominic and Stella were hard workers. They learned our language and always worked one or two jobs. They kept food on the table without any special government programs.

Stella worked for 30 years as manager for Central Bargain - a dry goods store. It started as an Italian neighborhood but every decade it changed depending on the "wave" of immigrants that arrived.

Dom worked 35 years at Ritter Company, doing anything and everything - he worked his way up by watching and learning from others. Mostly he built small motors, like the ones used to power dental equipment.

Now Dom lives in a home for folks who need a little extra help. Stell lives home but spends every day there, with her best friend.

On their 65th anniversary, I asked Grandma and Grandpa how they were able to keep it together for so many years. Grandma quickly answered "Because he does what I tell him!" Grandpa looked at me, smiled and said with a wink, "That's what I let her think!" :)

I later asked them when they 1st knew it was love. Grandma just smiled and said nothing, looking away as if it stirred a memory. Grandpa looked at me and said with certainty "After the first night I slept with her!" :devil:

As of today they have 4 children, 13 grandchildren, 23 great-grandchildren, and 4 great-great-grandchildren (a 5th is on the way). We try to have them over for dinner or picnics at least once or twice a month. More than once we have had all 5 generations over for a party or dinner. Family is everything to this clan.

Tomorrow I will be taping the Raven/Bills for delayed viewing. During the game I will be celebrating their 70 years together with them and as many family members as can make it.

When interviewed for the Irondequoit Post for an article about their 70th anniversay, Grandpa said he still thinks she is cute, Grandma just said "He's a good man."

We should all be so blessed in life. :)

My wife's grandparents came over from Italy in the 20's. They met when he was 22 and she was 16. After a few dates, he proposed marriage and she accepted. They were married in 1934 and raised four children through hard times and world wars.

Dominic and Stella were hard workers. They learned our language and always worked one or two jobs. They kept food on the table without any special government programs.

Stella worked for 30 years as manager for Central Bargain - a dry goods store. It started as an Italian neighborhood but every decade it changed depending on the "wave" of immigrants that arrived.

Dom worked 35 years at Ritter Company, doing anything and everything - he worked his way up by watching and learning from others. Mostly he built small motors, like the ones used to power dental equipment.

Now Dom lives in a home for folks who need a little extra help. Stell lives home but spends every day there, with her best friend.

On their 65th anniversary, I asked Grandma and Grandpa how they were able to keep it together for so many years. Grandma quickly answered "Because he does what I tell him!" Grandpa looked at me, smiled and said with a wink, "That's what I let her think!"  :)

I later asked them when they 1st knew it was love. Grandma just smiled and said nothing, looking away as if it stirred a memory. Grandpa looked at me and said with certainty "After the first night I slept with her!"  :devil:

As of today they have 4 children, 13 grandchildren, 23 great-grandchildren, and 4 great-great-grandchildren (a 5th is on the way). We try to have them over for dinner or picnics at least once or twice a month. More than once we have had all 5 generations over for a party or dinner. Family is everything to this clan.

Tomorrow I will be taping the Raven/Bills for delayed viewing. During the game I will be celebrating their 70 years together with them and as many family members as can make  it.

When interviewed for the Irondequoit Post for an article about their 70th anniversay, Grandpa said he still thinks she is cute, Grandma just said "He's a good man."

We should all be so blessed in life.  :)

81522[/snapback]

Now theres something we shoudl all shoot for...cause thats all that really matters in life...well that and the Bills winning :)