Who was DUMB???

LaDairis

Got links for any of that?

Amazingly enough, the site failed. I had by far the most accurate Draft assessments each year 04-06 and "fans" just hated hearing how their FO FUed each year. The hate I got for panning Gallery the night he was Drafted was worthy of a Smithsonian booth on the intelligence of football fans. My actual Raiders grade that year included a big swipe for Jake Grove being a dirty player and Stu Schwiegert being a drunk. Them Raider fans love TFG... And yes, I did make a few errors too - recommended a few injury and head cases, panned Lofa Tatupu, Trent Cole, Robert Geathers - those were the three biggest errors. On the big issues, I got those right every year, and "fans" who didn't want to hear that Youboty wasn't very good or trading up for McCargo in a deep Draft was a mistake, well... they hated me and never came back.

You can search for "TFG's NFL Draft" and find some evidence it existed, but your best evidence is all the nonsense about King and Justin that appears each time I show up here with a point for Bills fans.

For the record, two other second day "Recs" in 05 besides Justin and King were Darren Sproles and Tyjuan Hagler.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Favre just played against one of the top if not the top defense in the AFC..The Pats lost Brady but they didnt lose their Defense or Belicheck....Edwards had a pretty good game but he hasnt outplayed Favre yet..I like Edwards alot but does it matter if he is the Best qb in the AFC EAST? Nope..I just care about wins..

Not really . . . the Pat*s D plays well wit ha lead (like the Bills SB Years D), but they've looked old and slow on more than a few occasions.

Ummm..Drrr..fries with that one Willis?? I wasn't aware they were teaching monkeys to use a computer these days ?

Anyway, its "You are very knowledgeable" if you please..If you are going to play wise guy, at least use the correct english.

Warren & Wilpork are decent, Seymour has seen better days...lets talk again about stats after week 8 dumb dumb.

Seymour has seen better days. Watch the game against the Jets where he dominated Dbrick Ferguson. Wilfork is considered the best nose in the NFL. Below is a quote about Warren "But look for the Patriots to "Ty" one on against the Eagles, just as they did at Pittsburgh in the AFC championship matchup. Second-year veteran Ty Warren, the team's first-round pick in the 2003 draft, has emerged as a big-time player during this postseason run. He had eight tackles versus the Steelers, playing against an offensive line that many considered the NFL's best unit, and moved the line of scrimmage a yard into the Pittsburgh backfield. One Steelers coach allowed that, in the AFC title game, Warren was "like a full-grown man just toying with a bunch of kids, he was so dominant." Warren will play left end in the 3-4, then sink down to tackle in "nickel" situations and when the Pats morph into their 4-3 look. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs04/c...&id=1984422 That was Warrens 2nd year and he is a far more mature player now as the Pats just signed him to extension last year.

Truth be told, suggesting King and Justin were two excellent values in Rounds 5 and 6 was supposed to be the "evidence" that I am not "good" at assessing talent.

Sorry for being right all the time...

And yes, I did make a few errors too - recommended a few injury and head cases, panned Lofa Tatupu, Trent Cole, Robert Geathers - those were the three biggest errors.

Mmhmm.

On the big issues, I got those right every year, and "fans" who didn't want to hear... or trading up for McCargo in a deep Draft was a mistake, well... they hated me and never came back.

2. having Mario Williams and Jay Cutler as the two top prospects in 06 while calling Reggie Bush a "mid to late First rounder"

3. claiming Jamal Anderson was late off the snap and hence would not be a good NFL edge rusher

It's just so hard to see the obvious, isn't it?

Mmhmm.

It's just so hard to see the obvious, isn't it?

Then why do NFL teams like Atlanta spend millions of dollars and fail to see that the guy they are spending the #9 overall pick is LATE OFF THE SNAP and hence is now sackless in 18 starts as an NFL DE?

Heck, some DEs get garbage sacks, coverage sacks, sacks where the QB scrambles right into him. Anderson has ZERO. Truly mindboggling.

Then again, doing it in REAL TIME is different from PARROTING GURUS, ANNOUNCERS, COACHES, and WRITERS and then being "shocked" when they are TOTALLY WRONG and some guy with some VCR tape and a website got it right...

Where is the Reggie Bush hype now???

About the Dolphins FO decision making, look at Parcell's track record. He takes crappy teams and molds them into playoff teams within 3 years. They may not be any good this year, or the next, but watch out for them by 2010. And don't be fooled into thinking that Bill believes Chad is the "long-term" answer at QB, because he's smart enough to know that he doesn't fit in today's NFL. He's just a temporary plug to cover a bald spot. Bill will get it right in Miami and the rivalry will be on once again :thumbsup:

So wait, are you saying that it takes more than 2 games to rebuild a 1 win team? That's crazy talk.

.....Is anyone here surprised that a topic about Parcells being dumb about Penny and Ginn turns into another debate about cutting King and Justin???

Not really.

You constantly come across so full of yourself that since people know you can't resist it.....they bring up the one thing they know will make you look like a fool(which in regards to King & Justin you do).

Then why do NFL teams like Atlanta spend millions of dollars and fail to see that the guy they are spending the #9 overall pick is LATE OFF THE SNAP and hence is now sackless in 18 starts as an NFL DE?

Heck, some DEs get garbage sacks, coverage sacks, sacks where the QB scrambles right into him. Anderson has ZERO. Truly mindboggling.

Because Atlanta has systemic issues in their front office.

Then again, doing it in REAL TIME is different from PARROTING GURUS, ANNOUNCERS, COACHES, and WRITERS and then being "shocked" when they are TOTALLY WRONG and some guy with some VCR tape and a website got it right...

Where is the Reggie Bush hype now???

What I'm telling you is that its not that shocking. There were lots of people on the forums I visit, including myself, who didn't like Reggie Bush coming out of college.

I agree. I listened to the experts go on and on about how Parcells and Farve were going to save these teams and scratched my head. Parcells didn't do anything special with Dallas and he inherited a JV team. I remember the Bills beating Farve when they sucked, he is exciting but he also throws dumb interceptions. I bet Greer and McGee get game changing picks off of the old gunslinger this season. The Bills have been quietly and methodically been building a solid team. No big headlines. Now we see the results.

Were Back!

Compared to the Farve saga in the offseason, any effort would appear "quiet" by comparison. That said, I think we made our share of noise. Mitchell with his SB ring and Stroud with his pro bowl history were high profile signings and the money we paid on, as I recall, the first day of free agency, to Dockery and Walker were pretty big splashes. Only time will tell if we have made the right choices but finally, we are certainly starting to make progress. I don't know what to make of the Jets so far. I am not impressed but its early yet and adjusting from Pennington to Favre is a pretty major adjustment.

Not really.

You constantly come across so full of yourself that since people know you can't resist it.....they bring up the one thing they know will make you look like a fool(which in regards to King & Justin you do).

I got it. I liked a Fifth and a Sixth from the 2005 Draft. One has been a starting nickel for the past four years and gets raves from each coach except the Dumb#### from the Ivy. The other is the Skins backup center who looked terrific when he played in preseason after switching from OLT. Both are smart high character kids. Considering that more than half of the players picked in those rounds never contributed anything and are out of football, the "fool" is the one trying to use such empirical facts as evidence against TFG. In reality, since that is the worst they can come up with...

" There were lots of people on the forums I visit, including myself, who didn't like Reggie Bush coming out of college."

LMAO!!!!

Sure, pal, sure...

I'm shocked you can't get your head out of your ass long enough to realize that you aint special.

I got it. I liked a Fifth and a Sixth from the 2005 Draft. One has been a starting nickel for the past four years and gets raves from each coach except the Dumb#### from the Ivy. The other is the Skins backup center who looked terrific when he played in preseason after switching from OLT. Both are smart high character kids. Considering that more than half of the players picked in those rounds never contributed anything and are out of football, the "fool" is the one trying to use such empirical facts as evidence against TFG. In reality, since that is the worst they can come up with...

No, the issue is that you talk them up like they're the greatest players ever and it's simply unbelievable that the Bills let them go, when what they seem to be are journeyman players at best. Your continued focus on these two players is something that I just find weird, to be honest. They're ex-Bills, they were cut years ago, and they're certainly not high-profile, so it's very hard to understand why you're fixated on them. A fifth and sixth-rounder have carved out longer careers in the NFL than might have been expected, congratulations to them, but I'm not sure why you expect us to care or why that should be evidence of some deep understanding of the draft on your part.

How much of Henne did you watch at Michigan?

Carson Palmer did take four years to be a good QB at USC. Henne took four years and was still not a good QB. Sometimes they "develop" and sometimes they don't. In a weak year for QBs, he went behind Ryan and a McCown like prospect from Delaware.

You: HOF coach/GM is a moron because they signed QB x to play with WR y who he didn't draft.

Others: What? Why? xyz

You: Well yeah, but Henne sucks!

I don't know the point in continuing because it is pretty obvious you're intent on moving goalposts and making up new arguments to fit your backwards "Parcells sucks" premise.

I think he watched a lot more of Henne than you did. I have no clue whether he'll be good or not, although # of games started and completion % are the two best indicators of college QB's producing in the NFL.

Edwards hasn't played better than Favre? Are you kidding me?

So Favre played against a pretty good Patriots D.... Edwards played against TWO top 5 defenses and completed 70% of his passes with a 107.7 QB rating.

Edwards has NOT played against 2 top 5 defenses.

As it stands now (and subject to change during the year):

The Seahawks defense is horrible - they rank 29th in points and 25th in yards

The Jags are 11th in points and 13th in yards.

Granted, the Jags are not a shabby defense, but a top 5? No.

Because Atlanta has systemic issues in their front office.

What I'm telling you is that its not that shocking. There were lots of people on the forums I visit, including myself, who didn't like Reggie Bush coming out of college.

C'mon bluefire. Your statements have no credibility until you back them up by saying how you were correct but mysteriously your website failed.

As for atlanta, dont expect a mentally unstable poster like LaDumbass to understand the complex nuances of football, including how the poor play and talent level of a team may affect an individual player.

BTW - i nailed it in my 2000 draft analysis when i said that Tom Brady would be a multiple super bowl winner when it was all said and done. I wish i could link to it, but the website where i posted it failed.

"No, the issue is that you talk them up like they're the greatest players ever"

Yeah, sure, then why didn't I have a First Round grade on either of them???

"and it's simply unbelievabl(y stupid) that the Bills let them go" = correct

"Your continued focus on these two players is something that I just find weird, to be honest"

Unlike either Eric or Justin, who both attended excellent schools, your reading comprehension is a little lacking. I almost never bring them up. The whiners who hated my accurate pans of certain Bill Draft picks - that is who brings them up, over and over, each time I post here on a different subject... this time about the idiocy of the Fins...

"A fifth and sixth-rounder have carved out longer careers in the NFL than might have been expected"

and that is the "bad" part of the TFG record. Thanks for making my point....

Geiseinger is just so good that he still has yet appear in a game in 1+ season with the redskins. In fact, he's appeared in a whole 2 games in a 3+ year career. It must be that he's so good, the league doesn't want him playing because it would upset competitive balance.