Fred Jackson

gherkinjuice

I think he was trying to make sure the ball was kicked to McGee. super weird though

Thats what Tasker was saying but I don't get the logic.....if I'm a kicker I'm kicking it to the guy who's taking a nap on the field not the all-pro who's in position to return the kick. Just my two cents though.

Thats what Tasker was saying but I don't get the logic.....if I'm a kicker I'm kicking it to the guy who's taking a nap on the field not the all-pro who's in position to return the kick. Just my two cents though.

Yeah. Either way it was weird. I'm loving our return game though- McGee, Roscoe, McKelvin and Freddie!! Not to shabby IMO

The idea is that they wouldn't see him.

Only Bobby April. Gotta love the creativity.

The idea is that they wouldn't see him.

Only Bobby April. Gotta love the creativity.

Maybe it's like that highschool basketball play I'd seen on youtube where the team is trying to inbound the ball and one of the players just starts barking like a dog to distract the other team. It's a Bobby April WTF moment!

If they really didn't want the Jags to see Jackson, and to kick to McGee, our main returner, I have a better idea: Keep Fred on the sidelines.

I don't understand the two back idea if you want one specifically to get the ball, which we do, no matter which side they kick to. There are better blockers than Fred Jackson out there on the team (not that I have much against Fred Jackson).

If they really didn't want the Jags to see Jackson, and to kick to McGee, our main returner, I have a better idea: Keep Fred on the sidelines.

I don't understand the two back idea if you want one specifically to get the ball, which we do, no matter which side they kick to. There are better blockers than Fred Jackson out there on the team (not that I have much against Fred Jackson).

That first lead block is so critical. Plus if they do kick it short and where McGee can't get it, Jackson can (in addition to his better blocking ability than any of our other returners) confidently return the ball.

That first lead block is so critical. Plus if they do kick it short and where McGee can't get it, Jackson can (in addition to his better blocking ability than any of our other returners) confidently return the ball.

Which is why that first block should be by a linebacker or tight end or defensive end or fullback and not a tailback (who is not known for his blocking skills). The second part is foolish. If they are standing next to each other at the goalline, why would it be easier for Jackson to field a short kick than McGee? McGee has been able to get to every single kick against us for four years. I love Jackson. But if he is not going to return the ball, there are better blockers on the team.

Which is why that first block should be by a linebacker or tight end or defensive end or fullback and not a tailback (who is not known for his blocking skills). The second part is foolish. If they are standing next to each other at the goalline, why would it be easier for Jackson to field a short kick than McGee? McGee has been able to get to every single kick against us for four years. I love Jackson. But if he is not going to return the ball, there are better blockers on the team.

What are you talking about? If they kick it to the other side, low, and away from Mcgee (squib style), Jackson will be able to get it as opposed to one of your linebackers.

No offense, but I think Bobby April knows what he's doing.

What are you talking about? If they kick it to the other side, low, and away from Mcgee (squib style), Jackson will be able to get it as opposed to one of your linebackers.

No offense, but I think Bobby April knows what he's doing.

He surely does. There is no question about it. People were trying to figure out why he was doing that. I don't think that April or Jackson gave an answer. I was just saying I don't understand why Jackson is back there if he is not going to return the ball. I'm sure there is a reason, we just haven't been given one. Maybe they have a reverse or fake reverse planned. The idea, IMO, that he can get to the ball quicker just doesn't fly because after watching every kickoff for years and years, mcGee has been able to get to every single one of them. If the LBs in front decide to catch the ball it is already at the 20-25. If they let it go, McGee picks it up as soon as it gets there. Jackson on the other side wouldn't get to it any quicker if McGee is in the middle of the field where he usually plays.

Yea going along with what others have alluded to, I think that they may have been trying to get Jacksonville to kick it where they didn't think anybody was in order to keep it away from McGee. Then all of a sudden another player pops up, and returns it when the kicking team was not expecting a return, or at least a return from a competent return man.