As exciting as the start is, I want to see more offence....

AnthonyF

Watching the Dallas/Philadelphia game, you can see the explosive offense and all the weapons. Add to that Denver, SD, NYG, Arizona..... Want to see the Bills offense open up a bit. Yes they can not compete in a track meet, but I am consistently amazed that fans are excited after years of being beat down with 17 offensive points and 300 yards offense.

However the Bills at least have thrown over 200 yards each of the first 2 games.....

Watching the Dallas/Philadelphia game, you can see the explosive offense and all the weapons. Add to that Denver, SD, NYG, Arizona..... Want to see the Bills offense open up a bit. Yes they can not compete in a track meet, but I am consistently amazed that fans are excited after years of being beat down with 17 offensive points and 300 yards offense.

However the Bills at least have thrown over 200 yards each of the first 2 games.....

Patience grasshopper. Bunches and bunches of points seem to be on their way by the end of the year.

:lol:

Only 11 starts so far for Mr. Edwards. Each game, you can expect him to get better and to add more deep balls to his regimen of throws. Also, as Trent becomes more and more of an established threat, teams will no longer be crowding the line of scrimmage. This, in turn, will open up our run game. Plus, we played two pretty god defenses in tough weather conditions. This Sunday (I will be traveling to the Ralph!) we play the Raiders. Not exactly on the same level as the Seahawk let alone the jaguar defense. Weather will be sunny and 70-75 degrees at kickoff. Bills could score in the 30's

Wil that make you happy?

:lol:

In watching the game again yesterday, I more clearly saw what I thought was happening during the game. Lynch is getting better at picking holes, but still struggles a lot. There were a number of plays that had wide gaps being cleared right near him but he just lowered his head and bashed into the piles. He's certainly getting better at blocking and blitz pick ups and becoming a problem lining up in so many different places. When he finally sees the blocking forming better, we'll have plenty of O, IMO.

In watching the game again yesterday, I more clearly saw what I thought was happening during the game. Lynch is getting better at picking holes, but still struggles a lot. There were a number of plays that had wide gaps being cleared right near him but he just lowered his head and bashed into the piles. He's certainly getting better at blocking and blitz pick ups and becoming a problem lining up in so many different places. When he finally sees the blocking forming better, we'll have plenty of O, IMO.

I thought FJ missed a huge hole in that game as well, instead he bounced it outside for little or no gain. But, let's not forget that's the first game with that line since last season. It's going to take JP some time to get back into pro bowl form and it's going to take the RB's and offense some time to get used to him being back as well. Hopefully, with a game under their belt and another full week of practice, it will show this week.

Of course you do. :lol:

Just picking, Anthony. But you know, both the teams Buffalo played against had pretty good defenses last season. Now, Peters is back, and they're starting to work Hardy and Jackson into the mix.

I agree with Lv: patience. This team may never equal the K-Gun years -- few ever have, or will -- but 20 offensive points in each game, and a 2-0 record, aren't a bad way to begin the season.

I thought FJ missed a huge hole in that game as well, instead he bounced it outside for little or no gain. But, let's not forget that's the first game with that line since last season. It's going to take JP some time to get back into pro bowl form and it's going to take the RB's and offense some time to get used to him being back as well. Hopefully, with a game under their belt and another full week of practice, it will show this week.

I did a double take for just a moment. :lol:

I love lots of offense and high scores too, but as long as Buffalo ends each game with the most points I will be very satisfied.

seattle may have had a good defense last year, but not this year. they gave up friggin 33 to SAN FRANCISCO of all teams.

With three turnovers, including an 86-yard interception return for a TD by the Niners' Patrick Willis. And when you look at the passing yardage, remember that MadMikeMartz is in SF now -- O'Sullivan threw for 300 yards, but he also took eight sacks.

Their visit here at the end of November should be interesting ... if O'Sullivan lives that long.

It was just watching the ease that some teams move the ball and that while we had a great first drive, we bogged down a while after that, were tentative around the goal line on our first fg and then indifferent until we needed the TD to win.

I am very positive on this team, just would love to see the Bills not play the let's shorten the game, with long drives and eating the clock. When it works, it is great, I'd just like to know that this team can score 30 points on O.

I think at home vs. Oakland, I'd like to see confidence in the offense.

Piddling, but just my opinion.

Hey, me too but that only comes when they fear your running game. That hasn't happened yet even though Lynch has scored 2 rushing TD's this season.

I felt like the Bills were moving the ball very well on each possession they had Sunday. They are not & don't need to try to be an explosive offense, IMO. But the reason the Jags got back into that game was because of the great timing on running the onside kick plus a bad play from Peters. Outside of that, it seemed like the Bills were reliably moving into scoring position. While that may not make highlight reels it will win games and it actually is fun to watch a competently executed offense.

One thing I wouldn't mind seeing a little more of (and I think we will) is mid- to long-range strikes down the field to Evans. Not a lot more, but mixing some into the game a bit earlier will help, and I think Trent's success with it in these early games will help Schonert's confidence in calling it.

Bills are at a serious disadvantage to piling up yardage totals since our return game is so good, it hurts our yardage totals...

I have every confidence this team can score 24-27 points a game most weeks if need be...

I agree. I think we should be taking at least 3 long shots a game. Keep the D honest. But it worked out this week only thowing one deep pass...on the game winning drive on 3rd and 6. Turk set that up well, throwing to Head in the flats on 3rd all game, then trying the deep ball when we needed it most. very classy