[EDIT] Lane Kiffen expected to be fired!

PromoTheRobot

Hold on there - the article is speculating that this will happen, but as far as I can tell it hasn't happened yet...
Either way the speculation and Ryan's rant on the pregame show(s) provide plenty of fodder for this weekends signs.

[Hint: To thwart the sign police turn the written sides of two signs inward and tape the the two together so it looks like a blank sheet. Worked in week 1 ;) ]

Only Al Davis would consider firing his coach 2 games into the season instead of making the move when a smart owner would - the offseason. If you had issues with him Al you should have bit the bullet and gotten rid of him in January instead of just hoping you could force him to resign and save yourself some cash.

Or you could take another approach...like give a coach 3 years to see if he can implement his plan to turn your pathetic franchise around. I don’t know much about Kiffen but the guy has won 5 out of the past 18 games for a franchise that only won 2 games in the entire 2006 season. That's not a dramatic turnaround but the team looks bounds better than it did under Art Shell. Oh, and how about giving a coach the right to choose his own coaching staff? That might help too.

do we hire him this week?

He hasn't been fired yet.

Only Al Davis would consider firing his coach 2 games into the season instead of making the move when a smart owner would - the offseason. If you had issues with him Al you should have bit the bullet and gotten rid of him in January instead of just hoping you could force him to resign and save yourself some cash.

Or you could take another approach...like give a coach 3 years to see if he can implement his plan to turn your pathetic franchise around. I don’t know much about Kiffen but the guy has won 5 out of the past 18 games for a franchise that only won 2 games in the entire 2006 season. That's not a dramatic turnaround but the team looks bounds better than it did under Art Shell. Oh, and how about giving a coach the right to choose his own coaching staff? That might help too.

The problem is Kiffin won't kowtow to Davis and Davis likes his coaches to bow and scrape to him and be awestruck by his mere presence and Kiffin won't do that. I believe him when he says that Davis had his paws in the defensive schemes. I think Davis makes it very difficult for his coaches to succeed. I think if they are MMMMMAAAAAAJJJJJJJOOOOORRRR suckups he is nicer to them but coaches that don't treat him reverentially are not gonna stick around long.

do we hire him this week?

Why not? I'm sure we can make Kiffin an assistant coach. At the very least Ralph could invite Kiffin to be a guest and watch the game in his personal luxury suite. <_<

As for the Raiders, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Al Davis has always been the head coach of the team since the Raiders existence. The guy on the sidelines is just a front man.