Tina Fey as Sarah Palin

Heels20X6

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were incredulous at how AWFUL it was. And while I much prefer the good old days of SNL, I'm also not a snob who thinks that this decade has completely sucked. But the first show of this season was as bad as I've ever seen.
From what I saw, it sucked. The open was pretty good, and there were a few things that were OK. Phelps monologue (or whatever they call that intro) was terrible. I was surprised, but Phelps wasn't terrible in the skits...the skits were terrible, though.

SNL has sucked these past several years. Not even being drunk/high helps. Here's the only good parts each week...

Intro

First 2-3 skits

Musical guest (depending on your musical preference)

1st half of Weekend Update

Digital Short (most of the time, this weeks was okay)

Commercial spoof (like this weeks T-Mobile spoof)

The rest you can fast forward through

SNL has sucked these past several years. Not even being drunk/high helps. Here's the only good parts each week...

Intro

First 2-3 skits

I agree, with these minor changes:

Open (if that's what you meant by Intro, fine). This is before they say "Live from...". The intro with the Host of the Week is rarely good, anymore.

Delete Musical Guest (for me they are never good, anymore)

Digital Short, about 1/2 the time. I find many of the Andy Samberg films annoying.

I agree, with these minor changes:

Open (if that's what you meant by Intro, fine). This is before they say "Live from...". The intro with the Host of the Week is rarely good, anymore.

Delete Musical Guest (for me they are never good, anymore)

Digital Short, about 1/2 the time. I find many of the Andy Samberg films annoying.

Open is what I meant by intro.

Musical guest is a crap shot, like I mentioned, based on your taste. Next week is Kings Of Leon. Here's a preview...

Intro

First 2-3 skits

Mrs Bullpen and I were discussing that when we watched this weekend. Going back to the early 90s you could almost see the sketches (not of the Soland variety) getting progressively worse somewhere after the first act by the musical guest or 45 minutes in, whichever came first. Weekend update is mildly funny, but I seem to remember less low-brow humor in this segment in years past. Now it seems like they pander to the dumb-azz and go for the lowest common denominator when it comes to humor in the weekend update.

Commercial spoofs used to be REALLY good back in the day, sometimes you had to wonder if it was a real spot until they delivered the punchline. (wow, I must be channeling Cincy today, talking about how good things used to be in the "good ol days.") :lol:

Weekend Update has sucked ever since Dennis Miller left.

The commercial spoofs used to be really funny (my favorite is the Schmidt's Gay Beer with Sandler and Farley), but those are nowhere near as good today. An exception was a few years back when Tina Fey did one for a "Woomba", a vacuum cleaner for, ahem, female areas.

Musical guests? I thought they stopped that after the Ashlee Simpson debacle. :lol:

I'm sort of on the outskirts....-so its not quite as bad. But you have to laugh--These people think they are in the mainstream..

Any self-respecting "leftie" wouldn't want to be in the "mainstream" with the unlettered and the unwashed. :lol:

Seriously, I think real lefties know they aren't typical and believe (for what it's worth) that they are ahead of the curve (of course that's where the the disagreements may occur). But, if believing in progress over regress, and fairness over protecting the status quo in the power structure is being a "lefty", then you can consider me a proud lefty.

Any self-respecting "leftie" wouldn't want to be in the "mainstream" with the unlettered and the unwashed. :thumbsup:

Seriously, I think real lefties know they aren't typical and believe (for what it's worth) that they are ahead of the curve (of course that's where the the disagreements may occur). But, if believing in progress over regress, and fairness over protecting the status quo in the power structure is being a "lefty", then you can consider me a proud lefty.

Lefties in general have deteriorated greatly over the past generation. They have shamed the great liberals of the past.

Those who are frantically attacking Sarah Palin while ignoring an foibles of Obama are typical.

Lefties in general have deteriorated greatly over the past generation. They have shamed the great liberals of the past.

Those who are frantically attacking Sarah Palin while ignoring an foibles of Obama are typical.

If you are suggesting that the majority of "liberals" are just as likely to be sheep as "conservatives", following stupid slogans and exhibiting knee-jerk reactions to ideas they are told are wrong by the propaganda of their side's leaders, I'd have to agree.

I think Tina Fey is really hot. I even saw Baby Mama. Okay movie. Needed Tina Fey in a sex scene. Oh yeah...Tina Fey has more business being VP than "Sarah Barracuda."

PTR

I know this isn't the PPP board, so I will keep it short. I know a judge in Alaska (who I am relatively certain is Republican) who knows, and has served on committees and such with SP, and isn't real keen on the idea of SP being the GOP VP nominee. He cites her lack of experience, and the fact that she has a few "issues" in her political past, that were glossed-over and misstated. Some of them are coming to light, and there are sure to be more. The revelations are sure to be positioned as political mudslinging, of course.

Just so we are clear. This guy doesn't like Obama much, either, but has no personal knowledge of anything bad...just thinks he is too inexperienced.

I have to believe McCain cringed when he was advised to pick SP, but held his nose and did what he was told was "politically expedient".