Jags Fans - this sums it up

santoro770

Chances are? More like a damn near certainty...

Your typical gators fan can be summed up as the guy i saw around here. Work boots, cut off jean shorts short enough where the pockets stick out, wife beater tucked into said jean shorts, and a gator cap.

The funniest part is that watching the game on TV is the closest 99% of gator fans will ever come to ever attending school. And most UF grads usually have enough intelligence to ditch their allegiance to that team once they graduate.

Dont think I've ever gotten any comments like that. But I live in Salt Lake City and we dont have a team so I can root for whoever the hell I want. or maybe I dont get comments from people because they just feel sorry for me.

Whoa, another Bills fan in SLC?

Do you watch the games at home or do you hang out somewhere in town?

I get the same crap from Canes fans when I go to Sabres games down here. They just can't fathom why I wouldn't pull a T-bone on the team I have followed for 30 plus years simply because I reside in Raleigh currently. It really irks me when fan bases like this get to enjoy Super Bowls and Stanley Cups. Fug 'em all

I wasn't sure that this would actually get through, the only Jags fans I cared for were the skinny little females wearing bandaid sized skirts and a Jaguars bandana tied around their chest....excellent, we picked the perfect postgame tailgating spot.

Being my first away game ever, I was amazed at the stupidity at some of these sun drenched Jags fans - as a side note, I STILL have not ever seen the Bills lose in person!!!

I think you need pics to prove this!!! I don't believe you

I've lived out of WNY for 25 years, I go back at least once a year for a game and have been in 8 stadiums across the country for road games. Whenever anyone poses that question, i always say "it's in my blood". It never occurred to me to be a fan of another team. The tough question is: What if the Bills move out of Buffalo? I don't have an answer for that. I'd probably become a hockey fan or something.

It's funny you should post this. Did anyone else watching on TV pay attention whenever they showed a crowd shot (and there were plenty)? I swear I remember thinking, "Holy fug...this is one ugly, inbred, white-trash-looking group of bandwagon rednecks." Seriously. Mullets, cheesy moustaches...awfulness personified. It was something straight out of the How-to-be-a-Trailertrash-Frontrunner handbook.

Karl Childers is the mayor of Jacksonville. The banjo boy is a ticket-taker at Alltell. That city may be in Florida, but that city has "Backwater Georgia" stamped on its forehead. Isn't the HQ for Skoal located there? That and a couple paper mills.....nice town.

<_<

I wasn't sure that this would actually get through, the only Jags fans I cared for were the skinny little females wearing bandaid sized skirts and a Jaguars bandana tied around their chest....excellent, we picked the perfect postgame tailgating spot.

Being my first away game ever, I was amazed at the stupidity at some of these sun drenched Jags fans - as a side note, I STILL have not ever seen the Bills lose in person!!!

We should have you attend all the bills games - including the Superbowl - anyone willing to kick in a few bucks to fund this? <_<

When I was leaving the stadium yesterday I had an old guy and his daughter start taunting me telling me to enjoy shoveling snow.....I live in Orlando so obviously this didn't apply to me.

The guy proceeded to tell me that my allegiance was all messed up because now that I lived in a Jaguars market I should automatically become a Jaguars fan and the fact that I no longer live in the Buffalo area means I have already betrayed my team.

His reasoning was as follows, "we moved from Denver to Jacksonville a year ago and you don't see us wearing Broncos gear anymore do you?"....

To which I had absolutely NO response.....so for all you Bills fans who live outside of the Tri State area - according to these Jags fans you have already alienated your team and have to switch...

HA!

This tool was obviously a victim of a very bad school district growing up. Loyalty doesn't recognize geography and isn't bound by time or any other nonsensical bias.

You should've told him you were going to report him to the Broncos fan base.

When I was leaving the stadium yesterday I had an old guy and his daughter start taunting me telling me to enjoy shoveling snow.....I live in Orlando so obviously this didn't apply to me.

The guy proceeded to tell me that my allegiance was all messed up because now that I lived in a Jaguars market I should automatically become a Jaguars fan and the fact that I no longer live in the Buffalo area means I have already betrayed my team.

His reasoning was as follows, "we moved from Denver to Jacksonville a year ago and you don't see us wearing Broncos gear anymore do you?"....

To which I had absolutely NO response.....so for all you Bills fans who live outside of the Tri State area - according to these Jags fans you have already alienated your team and have to switch...

HA!

I'm dieing to know who he thinks I should support then?

We should have you attend all the bills games - including the Superbowl - anyone willing to kick in a few bucks to fund this? <_<

I'm in, I'll sacrifice my Sundays for the good of the team.

Hey.... I like Skoal and the Billls, plus live in Florida... I don't have a mullet though..... LOL

Fittingly I was wearing my t-shirt saying, "cut your mullet"