My Meaningless Opinion

R. Rich

You gotta love the way the Bills gutted one out on the road, something they're not noted for. That's a sign that they're heading in the right direction.

The tackling was pathetic though. Way too many misses and too many guys being lazy and reaching up high instead of taking 'em down low w/ good solid form tackles (again, too many guys trying to "hit people down"). I think the pursuit is fine, but once they get there, they need to do a way better job of finishing. That 8 yard scramble by Garrard was a joke; he broke outta 'bout 3 sacks on that play. Shore that up quickly.

Jason Peters was quite rusty. The sack given up was bad, but I thought the way Paul Spicer just shoved him into Marshawn Lynch on a play that lost 'bout 4 yards was worse. Nothing a few more weeks of work won't fix, I think (hope?).

Trent Edwards is really improving. He was as accurate yesterday as he was inaccurate to start the game last week. He made some nice reads and some impressive throws (the 37 yarder to Evans was outstanding).

You guys ready to stop raking Josh Reed over the coals yet? He's not Terrell Owens, and he'll probably never be @ that level, but he is a capable possession receiver who has been fairly reliable over the past couple seasons.

We're not doing too bad w/ this Lindell guy, huh? He's no Mike Nugent, but...

I hope that the light has finally been turned on for Mr Youboty, 'cause if it has and yesterday's game was just the start of some good things to come, WOW! Great open field tackling (that makes one player who did), and he really brought the kind of tenacity that you normally see out of the Jags.

The defense did keep Jones Drew and Taylor from taking over the game, but they also did allow some gains to the inside. Something for the guys to work on, I guess. Still looking for better run support from the ends, though it wasn't as bad yesterday as it was on opening weekend.

Overall, like I said, you gotta love seeing the Bills go on the road and beat a quality opponent. Things aren't quite set yet, but I honestly believe they are FINALLY on track to get into the playoffs.

You gotta love the way the Bills gutted one out on the road, something they're not noted for. That's a sign that they're heading in the right direction.

The tackling was pathetic though. Way too many misses and too many guys being lazy and reaching up high instead of taking 'em down low w/ good solid form tackles (again, too many guys trying to "hit people down"). I think the pursuit is fine, but once they get there, they need to do a way better job of finishing. That 8 yard scramble by Garrard was a joke; he broke outta 'bout 3 sacks on that play. Shore that up quickly.

Due in part to the heat maybe? Guys a 1/2 step slower than normal? A little more winded than normal? If W1 tackling had been bad (I don't remember it being so) I would have major concerns. As things stand...mild concern right now.

You guys ready to stop raking Josh Reed over the coals yet? He's not Terrell Owens, and he'll probably never be @ that level, but he is a capable possession receiver who has been fairly reliable over the past couple seasons.

He does what he does pretty darn well doesn't he?

I'll tell you till my dying breath...those posts were in jest!

I hope that the light has finally been turned on for Mr Youboty, 'cause if it has and yesterday's game was just the start of some good things to come, WOW! Great open field tackling (that makes one player who did), and he really brought the kind of tenacity that you normally see out of the Jags.

Wonderful to see someone take on a challenge the way he did!!! I wrote him off and am not ashamed to say so.

Overall, like I said, you gotta love seeing the Bills go on the road and beat a quality opponent. Things aren't quite set yet, but I honestly believe they are FINALLY on track to get into the playoffs.

This appears to be so.

Jason Peters was quite rusty. The sack given up was bad, but I thought the way Paul Spicer just shoved him into Marshawn Lynch on a play that lost 'bout 4 yards was worse. Nothing a few more weeks of work won't fix, I think (hope?).

Trent Edwards is really improving. He was as accurate yesterday as he was inaccurate to start the game last week. He made some nice reads and some impressive throws (the 37 yarder to Evans was outstanding).

The defense did keep Jones Drew and Taylor from taking over the game, but they also did allow some gains to the inside. Something for the guys to work on, I guess. Still looking for better run support from the ends, though it wasn't as bad yesterday as it was on opening weekend.

'Course, PayMe Peters woulda had plenty of time to shake off the rust if he'd shown up for work when he was supposed to, instead of a month and a half late and acting like he was doing the team such a favor by finally coming in to pick up his check.

But yeah, there's a lot to be giddy about - we eked out a tough come-from-behind win on the road, against a respectable opponent, in tough conditions. I hope TE continues to play well - and especially hope he can play as well in cold weather as he does in 100-degree heat. The missed tackles on Garrard drove me crazy. Also, I thought the offense got conservative after we took that early lead, and that almost came back to bite us in the ass. Real happy for Youboty - never understood why some were ready to throw him 'under the bus' - guy had a tough break with his mom passing and having to look out for his younger brother - that pretty much wiped out his whole rookie season. I'll bet he makes the Pro Bowl this year. I'll bet PayMe doesn't.

The team is definitely starting to 'gel' as a unit, gaining some confidence, and maybe just beginning to understand how good they really are this year....

19 and 0 baby!!! :thumbsup:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

PosLUSZny!!!!! :lol:

Watching the whole game I don't think Peters was very rusty at all considering.... The sack was his poor moment, but wasn't horrible...Trent had a 7 step drop and did have time to release the ball, but yes it's still on Peters. I missed the one blown up running play, but there were many plays where he handled himself quite nicely one on one is pass protect and of course his second block in the Marshawn TD run was a thing of beauty. We must also consider the JAGS D as one of the tougher ones in football, with a very competent D-line.

Reed will flourish with a QB who gets the ball out when he's supposed to.

The old Bills of the past few years would have panicked and folded when the Jags took the lead on them in the 3rd quarter. It was great to see them maintain their composure and methodically go down the field on them.

Before the season started, I would have been thrilled with a split of these first two games. After watching the Pats* and Jets, I'm convinced that we have a legitimate shot to win the division.

Yes. I prefer my 'crow' be charbroiled and heavy on the pepper but I'll have to eat it raw this time. My beef with him -over 5 years- isn't as much about his lack of talent or speed, but more to the point the Bills didn't realize this and were satisfied with an 'Average Joe' being a starting WR in the NFL. Only last year's despicable WR performance finally forced the FO into committing to an upgrade. He's a rugged guy, willing to give it up for the team every play. He's not great and not even an over-achiever, just a tough football player.

Would you please stop making sense?

Why should I be happy the Bills are 2-0 ?

All the critics should go read the Jacksonville news headlines on TBD's front page, THAT WAS THE BILLS NOT TOO LONG AGO!

enjoy ;)

I agree on the Peters opinion. I hear people saying that he played bad, or was rusty because of that sack. But seriously, the guy messes up one time and everyone is ready to jump all over him. He played outstanding, especially considering he missed all of training camp, OTA's, practices, has a new offense to grasp, has only practiced one week, and faced a great defense in his first playing time while in horrendous heat. I agree that running play was worse to see, but people need to lighten up a bit on him. Come on.

Nice post, Richie Rich.

One of the most important things, so far this year, is simply that the team has, seemingly, learned to win. They came back, on the road, in the heat, against a pretty fair defense (that was not ravaged with injury).

I agree on the Peters opinion. I hear people saying that he played bad, or was rusty because of that sack. But seriously, the guy messes up one time and everyone is ready to jump all over him. He played outstanding, especially considering he missed all of training camp, OTA's, practices, has a new offense to grasp, has only practiced one week, and faced a great defense in his first playing time while in horrendous heat. I agree that running play was worse to see, but people need to lighten up a bit on him. Come on.

You got it backwards - I'm not 'jumping all over him' because he messed up one time; I'm jumping all over him because "he missed all of training camp, OTA's, practices, has a new offense to grasp, has only practiced one week".

What if Edwards got seriously hurt 'cause Peters wasn't 100% ready to play?

Lighten up on PayMe Peters?

F ;)K PayMe Peters!

You got it backwards - I'm not 'jumping all over him' because he messed up one time; I'm jumping all over him because "he missed all of training camp, OTA's, practices, has a new offense to grasp, has only practiced one week".

What if Edwards got seriously hurt 'cause Peters wasn't 100% ready to play?

Lighten up on PayMe Peters?

F ;)K PayMe Peters!

People can not like Peters because of what happened this offseason, and that's fine. But to carry your bad feelings from his conduct and say that he played bad is not accurate. Hate him all you want, and with good reason, but admit that he played pretty damn good for all the reasons mentioned above.

Another excellent post by R.Rich.

This line to me says it all:

on track...a plan in place....finally....ah it feels good to be a Bills fan right now ;)

People can not like Peters because of what happened this offseason, and that's fine. But to carry your bad feelings from his conduct and say that he played bad is not accurate. Hate him all you want, and with good reason, but admit that he played pretty damn good for all the reasons mentioned above.

So if I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying that despite the fact that PayMe dissed the team, the fans, and his teammates by skipping all of training camp, the OTAs and the preseason and put his QB at risk because he wasn't able to play at the level he could have had he not acted like such an ass hole, it's surprising that he didn't play even worse?

Sorry, that doesn't cut it with me. JMO.

So if I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying that despite the fact that PayMe dissed the team, the fans, and his teammates by skipping all of training camp, the OTAs and the preseason and put his QB at risk because he wasn't able to play at the level he could have had he not acted like such an ass hole, it's surprising that he didn't play even worse?

Sorry, that doesn't cut it with me. JMO.

I think what they are saying is, nobody on the team, or even the front office, seams to be holding a grudge against Peters. There is a reason for this. They understand that this is the NFL, and that's simply part of the NFL today. Guys get paid to play. Sometimes guys sit out, when demanding a new contract. It happens. Most aren't crazy about it, but understand that sitting out doesn't make the player an !@#$, a bad guy and certainly doesn't make him a bad player, or one that you don't want on the team. Most everybody who knows him, says Jason is a terrific person, a great guy and an outstanding football player.

It wasn't personal...it was just business. I'm guessing his agent called the shots, and as good of an LT as Peters is, he doesn't seem all that bright. I don't think he was masterminding this holdout.

Now he is back, and only someone who doesn't understand football wouldn't be happy about that. One of the best young LT's in football is back on the Buffalo Bills, and will likely have a nice new lucrative long-term contract. That's all good.

I think what they are saying is, nobody on the team, or even the front office, seams to be holding a grudge against Peters. There is a reason for this. They understand that this is the NFL, and that's simply part of the NFL today. Guys get paid to play. Sometimes guys sit out, when demanding a new contract. It happens. Most aren't crazy about it, but understand that sitting out doesn't make the player an !@#$, a bad guy and certainly doesn't make him a bad player, or one that you don't want on the team. Most everybody who knows him, says Jason is a terrific person, a great guy and an outstanding football player.

It wasn't personal...it was just business. I'm guessing his agent called the shots, and as good of an LT as Peters is, he doesn't seem all that bright. I don't think he was masterminding this holdout.

Now he is back, and only someone who doesn't understand football wouldn't be happy about that. One of the best young LT's in football is back on the Buffalo Bills, and will likely have a nice new lucrative long-term contract. That's all good.

I'm amazed at the number of folks on TSW that seem to think they know what's going on in the heads of the front office and the rest of of the players.

But I do agree that PayMe is dumb as dirt - not sure that wouldn't make him the 'mastermind' of the whole holdout 'strategy' though.

I'm amazed at the number of folks on TSW that seem to think they know what's going on in the heads of the front office and the rest of of the players.

But I do agree that PayMe is dumb as dirt - not sure that wouldn't make him the 'mastermind' of the whole holdout 'strategy' though.

The players, to a man, expressed nothing but positive thoughts about Peters. I have yet to read, or hear of, one Bills player saying negative things about Peters.

Of course, nobody definitively knows the private thoughts of the FO. But, they never expressed anger toward Peters, never suggested he was an as#hole or a bad guy. In fact, even after missing all of the OTAs and much of camp, they still said they would negotiate a new contract when he came to camp. Does that sound like they share your opinion of Peters?

Despite waiting until the day before the team's first game, Jauron practiced Peters with the first team, and started in the Bills' second game. Does that sound he holds a grudge against Peters?

We come to "know" how others think and feel, by their thoughts and actions. The thoughts and actions of the other players and the FO speak volumes in this situation.

Now, it could be that they all privately dislike Jason Peters, think he is an !@#$ and don't want them on the team. While I doubt that it is the case, it is clear that, at the very least, they have the good sense to keep those thoughts to themselves. They probably know better than to purposefully sound completely stupid in public, too.

He's not great and not even an over-achiever, just a tough football player.

We picked him in the 2nd round to be Hines Ward, but he ended up being James Thrash. If you have a James Thrash as a #4 or #5, that's a good thing. If he's your #2, not so much.